Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• First combat since I got back. Was fun. I have a huge list of stuff i need to highlight and echo again, though!
  • 2015/04/12 04:50:59 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Our family is known for 
    their good breeding.
    2015/04/12 04:51:00 - Shame lowers the eyes of the House: Our family's reputation descends towards 
    obscurity.
    2015/04/12 05:01:57 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Viynain's assault on the 
    astral plane during wildnodes is the topic of village gossip.
    2015/04/12 05:12:48 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Viynain's assault on the 
    2015/04/12 05:28:07 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Viynain's assault on the 
    2015/04/12 06:07:32 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Viynain's assault on the 

:D
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Prelude Sabeloth says to you, "You have sophisticated priorities."

I love getting little compliments like this IG. Makes up for more of the bad manners in Mag than you know.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Quotes or it didn't happen.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Best. Tea. Ever. (except someone cleaned his eye at the table). Take all the sarcasm out of this picture.

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited April 2015
    Rave for at least one new dream, if not more.

The ladder clicks underneath your feet as crystal hits metal. Normally it would irritate you, but
    something about the sensation makes you throb with a muted amber light - soon your footsteps will
    make no sounds at all. You do your best to push aside the fear. Think of all the people who would
    give anything for the chance at immortality. Would they be mourning the absence of their corporeal
    forms? No. No, you should not lower yourself to this. Sighing, you reach for the battery control
    panel.

As the footsteps fade and you are left alone again, you rub thoughtfully at your muzzle. Though you
    knew it would be hard, you cannot quite help but wonder if He had anticipated just how trying it
    would be on all of you. It seems a cruel fate to ask of you, if He did - and yet what choice did
    anyone have? The important thing is that She is safe, but sometimes in the darker days, it is hard
    to remember that there is heroism behind the crushing loneliness.

You run your hands over the smooth marble walls, pondering how little they show the months of labour
    that went into their construction. It almost seems like a shame to mar the beautiful walls...but no,
    these stories must be remembered. You must never forget why you are here, why you have given up so
    much. Sighing gently, you wet your brush with smoky grey and begin the first strokes, calling into
    your mind His image.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • There's at least one more part to that, but I don't have it in buffer anymore.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited April 2015
    They remind me of the alternate timeline visions. Very cool and evocative. Prelude to an event where we learn more about the vernal wars?

EDIT: I did a bunch of shrinking and growing to use up some endurance and see the dreams for myself. Here's two more.

Your hand clasped in hers, the two of you stand and survey the incredible creation. "It is perfect," 
    she says, and you turn to smile at her with radiant joy. The pain still rests dull within both of 
    your hearts, but seeing this gives you hope. And if the elliptical form of the construct reminds you 
    a little too much of Her home, then perhaps it is for the best. You must never forget what is behind 
    you, though the path ahead is a lonely one. The emotions overwhelm you, and you take comfort in one 
    another's arms.

Leaning heavily on your staff, you cannot help but sigh. Even your daily practice is becoming 
    monotonous now, after so long. Your hands know the etchings in the wood like you know the breaths 
    that you no longer need to draw; you could trace the outline of each lily, each daisy, each lotus 
    with your eyes closed. But without something to occupy your mind, your thoughts will turn too easily 
    to the shadow that lurks beyond - so though you are weary, you lift the staff again, resuming the 
    forms that you know so well.

What could it mean!?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I thought that last one sounded very Tosha. Though, maybe the first is in reference to the raising of Dionymus? I recall his wife being a sculptor...But who is She..? Also, I wonder if we're going to get to see any more Elder Creches...Like, I know or suspect that Xyl came from Continuum, but...
  • Daraius said:

They remind me of the alternate timeline visions. Very cool and evocative. Prelude to an event where we learn more about the vernal wars?

EDIT: I did a bunch of shrinking and growing to use up some endurance and see the dreams for myself. Here's two more.

Your hand clasped in hers, the two of you stand and survey the incredible creation. "It is perfect," 
    she says, and you turn to smile at her with radiant joy. The pain still rests dull within both of 
    your hearts, but seeing this gives you hope. And if the elliptical form of the construct reminds you 
    a little too much of Her home, then perhaps it is for the best. You must never forget what is behind 
    you, though the path ahead is a lonely one. The emotions overwhelm you, and you take comfort in one 
    another's arms.

Leaning heavily on your staff, you cannot help but sigh. Even your daily practice is becoming 
    monotonous now, after so long. Your hands know the etchings in the wood like you know the breaths 
    that you no longer need to draw; you could trace the outline of each lily, each daisy, each lotus 
    with your eyes closed. But without something to occupy your mind, your thoughts will turn too easily 
    to the shadow that lurks beyond - so though you are weary, you lift the staff again, resuming the 
    forms that you know so well.

What could it mean!?
    Well, the second just refers to you being bored at being monk.  and the first is your sex drive telling you it still exists. Taken together I'd say your subconscious wants you to have a Telepath psionically remove your haphephobia, reverse its polarity and jam it back in. Then, as a haphephiliac ambassador of your handsomeness, sex will be easy. Daraiuspups for every body!

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Pfft.....

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited April 2015
    edit: blargh
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

The ladder clicks underneath your feet as crystal hits metal. Normally it would irritate you, but
    something about the sensation makes you throb with a muted amber light - soon your footsteps will make no sounds at all. You do your best to push aside the fear. Think of all the people who would give anything for the chance at immortality. Would they be mourning the absence of their corporeal forms? No. No, you should not lower yourself to this. Sighing, you reach for the battery control panel.

Saw incorporeal and thought Vestarra. Then I remembered she was a mugwump.WAIS TZARAZIKO A LUCIDIAN AFTER ALL? Discuss.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

edited April 2015
    Tzariziko was two dwarves in a trenchcoat.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Thank you @Mysrai for the vote of confidence and making me feel appreciated tonight. Also to Steingrim and Viynain for the puns afterward. Really am sorry that I wasn't more responsive there, but I'm a bit wiped out after hospital and work today.
    Siam said:

something about the sensation makes you throb with a muted amber light - soon your footsteps will make no sounds at all. You do your best to push aside the fear. Think of all the people who would give anything for the chance at immortality. Would they be mourning the absence of their corporeal forms? No. No, you should not lower yourself to this. Sighing, you reach for the battery control panel.

Saw incorporeal and thought Vestarra. Then I remembered she was a mugwump.WAIS TZARAZIKO A LUCIDIAN AFTER ALL? Discuss.

I have this odd idea that this dream has to do with the asylum.
  • Shaddus said:

Tzariziko was two dwarves in a trenchcoat.

No. She's five squirrelkin with a ring of levitation.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Raves to @Niico

• I've got a badass mentor in @Celina, @Siam is a really good teacher, still rocking a truefavour from @Nocht, and @Tylwyth didn't kill me after today's adventure. Glomdoring is (once more) super awesome. Now all we need is a tea party.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Can't comment on the quest(s), but the Enclave and Aegis are rather interesting design wise. Woo more Vernal info.
    Woo, I got an events post mention for talking with Ladae. I still wish I got the name of Sleeping Child, though! I love the released area and lore related to Vestera who is my favorite vernal.

I love this bit below. The admins noticed us teasing Xenthos while he was influencing. Was unexpected.

Eventually, despite an uphill battle against spinning wise words and a skill for puzzles that had onlookers worrying that they would be for all eternity, Xenthos An'Ryshe succeeded in re-empowering the Aegis of Vestera.

:)

#bringShikariback 

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I just read it. Haha.

"Unfortunately for the Chairman, he met a swift end at the short temper of Celina of the Glomdoring, sparking a political debate that would cloud the rest of the proceedings."

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited April 2015
    I feel mildly salty about that, for @Zitto's sake. He's (basically) a noncom and a NAP man :(

Hey, he got in the way of the Wyrd.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Maligorn said:

I feel mildly salty about that, for @Zitto's sake. He's (basically) a noncom and a NAP man :(

For whatever reason, this one is set up in stages in that one can "usurp" the quest and take it over... and he decided to do this in an unprotected area.

I was trying to talk with him to get the thing back, but Celina decided that he was being obstructive.

And also, hey, it's not my fault that the puzzle has gold = half-right whereas green = 100% correct.  Most other puzzles, gold is the best!  :P  Once we got that sorted out and reset the puzzle, it finished in one attempt.
  • edited April 2015
    Xenthos said:

Maligorn said:

For whatever reason, this one is set up in stages in that one can "usurp" the quest and take it over... and he decided to do this in an unprotected area.

I was trying to talk with him to get the thing back, but Celina decided that he was being obstructive.

And also, hey, it's not my fault that the puzzle has gold = half-right whereas green = 100% correct.  Most other puzzles, gold is the best!  :P  Once we got that sorted out and reset the puzzle, it finished in one attempt.
    I would have handed it over after a bit of protest, but I don't have any hard feelings.  At the time, we were all just rushing to get involved in what looked like it might be a one time deal, so Adracunin and I were trying to figure out the next step ahead of time and it was a little bit funny to butt in.  In my rush, I didn't see the word empower, which made me feel pretty dumb in hindsight.  Whoever was running the NPCs and made the dreams talk back made me feel so guilty!  I had a chance to revisit the place today, and I am pretty happy admiring this:

Chairman Zitto Shevat (Male Harmonious Demigod).
    He has been named an honourary Keeper of Dreams by the guardians of the Sleeping Child.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited April 2015
    Oh, these things are never one-time quests, just so you know.  For future reference! :)

The only time you really see one-times are during the year-end event when some small parts of it (like the tower in Icewynd) appear for a couple of hours before being destroyed / closed / otherwise lost.

Edit: Especially since once you started it, it said that you had accepted the quest; that is an indication you can take to the bank that it is a quest which will stick around and be repeatable.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Raves for that awesome absolve fight, I don't even know who participated but it was a blast. I think I went from 76 reserves to 7.

My highlight of the fights was highjumping Viynain into an Absolve. \o/

This discussion has been closed.