Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• I recently discovered that missing a day doing the power/pilgrims/bards/scholars streak thing only resets the current five day streak, it doesn't start you over on the over all one. Thank goodness!
  • Windows phone ftw, not blowing up text sizes.
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • Raves for DEEPSLEEP for Dreamweavers.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Yaaaaay, Library Aide!
  • After a few tough months, I just wanted to thank the people who look out for me. Y'all know who you are.

Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited April 2015
    Fundamental change to Tarkenton's character. This will be interesting to see where it goes.

Thanks @Viravain, @Salome, @Celina, and @Astraea.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    How do you do that?

Asking for a friend.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Step 1: Msg Subotai Greetings. I'm seeking to reinvent myself and branch out.

Step 2: Recieve response of "Come2Gaudi"

Step 3: Come2Gaudi

Step 4: ?

Step 5: Profit.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Honestly, just do it.  For me, it's been a bit of a build up, but the final decision to pull the trigger was pretty spur of the moment.

To hell with the consequences, if you're not having fun/aren't wanting to log in because of X, then cut X out and go for Y instead.  Hopefully, this means that Daraius becomes like, rage lobo, or super Gaudi lobo or something.  Or does the always logical thing and come2Glom.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    So, that was fun.

Here are some lines that may or may not have already been uncovered? Happens after you empower enough souls, while wearing a cloak from a chest in the Orphanage that you get the key to by shaking down an orphan for his doll which has a key hidden inside.

You give a ragged and frost-stained cloak to Seniki Brokenhorn.
    Seniki Brokenhorn says, "It is done... I sense my brothers... my sisters... my daughter..."
    A numinous glow, warm and pure as the light of the sun, blooms within Seniki Brokenhorn's translucent form. She smiles radiantly as she begins to fade, eking away into bits of light that whirl away into the wintry sky.

Seniki Brokenhorn says, "Must... hurry."

Seniki Brokenhorn says, "My husband calls me, surely we shall be reunited. Bring his cloak to him, remind him of my love. I will await him there, on the other side."
    As Seniki fades, the cloak falls back into your hands, cast aloft on a wave of buttery radiance.

You give a ragged and frost-stained cloak to Semau Brokenhorn.
    As Semau Brokenhorn grasps the cloak, a brilliant golden light bursts from within, and he straightens, gazing about with shocked, clear eyes.

The rumbling voice of the Frost Spite booms, "No, I must not be stopped! My pets! Go!"

Semau Brokenhorn says, "Seniki? Linilai?"
    Semau Brokenhorn smiles softly as he swings the cloak over his shoulders.

Semau Brokenhorn exclaims, "I remember now. The pact is not forsaken. We may have fallen, but Spite is bound, and I will be with my Seniki again!"

Abruptly, the air temperature drops, and some hissing voice rises on the wind, howling and raging.

The rumbling voice of the Frost Spite booms, "Nooooooooooo!"

Semau Brokenhorn cries out in horror and terror, his eyes glazing with ice as the snowstorm intensifies.
    With a roaring, inhuman voice, Semau Brokenhorn says, "EVER AND ALWAYS WILL YOU BE MINE SEMAU BROKENHORN TO DWELL WITH ME AND SERVE ME FOR YOU DARED TO RAISE HAND AGAINST ME WHO DWELLS HERE ME WHO WAS CHAINED AND I WILL HATE AND I WILL HATE."

Semau Brokenhorn screams in despair and agony.
    Your vision goes black, and you behold Mount Wend, unbroken. Gargantuan figures wreathed in energy rise about it, their hands forcing a massive icy form in white fur down into the depths. As they do, a snowstorm gathers above the peak. The figures, now recognizable as those of Elder Gods, ring Mount Wend and shout out words in some unknown tongue, forcing the creature into the stone and snow.

An eternity passes as the snow falls. Finally, one by one, figures meander across the snow, collapsing here and there as they succumb to the chill.

A village spreads across the foot of Mount Wend, but the snows grow stronger. The village roils, consuming itself, falling apart into winter. A collection of taurians departs, ascending the slope. As they reach the top, they raise their arms, chanting out words of power. Again, the white-furred monster rises. As it descends into the mountain, a taurian, the form of Semau Brokenhorn, turns, and begins to massacre his fellows.

Semau Brokenhorn exclaims, "Seniki! Seniki, forgive me, I could not stand against Spite!"
    Semau Brokenhorn howls and screams as the snow falls faster and faster.

Semau Brokenhorn collapses to his knees, growling in feral confusion once more, eyes blank of being.
    Your karma rises in response to your deeds.
    [weep 4 no honorz]

The storm begins to slow, the air warming as the clouds shift from grey to white.

And of course, our mastermind has to leave his mark:

A dark fog fills your being as your vision goes black, an intense hatred settling within your gut that tears at your sanity.

Rave for whoever did a Frost Spite event!

...now I wish I had been there for most of it.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Raves to @Maligorn for actually letting me help him with the thing! Most people act all offended when I offer to turn them undead.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Ahh, now I wish I was on, I coulda tried  being undead...

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Daraius said:

How do you do that?

Asking for a friend.

Two ways I know of. First the 'slow buildup', where you change gradually based on interactions, such as Luce slowly getting over his strong aversion to being touched. Very slowly. Second, the 'breaking dam' method, where frustration and anger and other powerful emotions hit a tipping point, causing something to set you off, break the dam, and let a change flow rapidly out, such as Luce gaining a willingness to hurt things because of his frustration at constant teatime with the Fates.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    For the slow buildup, it's good to know who will pick up on and engage with dropped hints, so that you don't need to stand around the nexus sighing dramatically to engage your rp. Once you find those folks, everything gets a lot easier and more fun.
    The people in Subway are staring at me because I laughed out loud at something on the forums.

Thanks, @Yomoigu <3
  • Shaddus said:

The people in Subway are staring at me because I laughed out loud at something on the forums.

This ten-minute jailing is a masterpiece.
  • I have the best of friends in @Cercis!

- - - - - - -

The loud caw of a crow heralds its entrance, as it drops an elegant charcoal moth origami package into your hands, then disappears into the shadows.

You see the following people here:
    Cercis, Tylwyth, Niico.

You blink.

Cercis raises her hand in greeting to you and says "Hello!"

Raising his hand in greeting, Tylwyth says "Hi!"

You nod your head at Cercis.

You nod your head at Tylwyth.

You say, "I got a package, apparently."

You aren't wielding anything in either hand.
    You are holding:
    "package66412"                          an elegant charcoal moth origami package (action origami)
    You are wearing:
    Number of matching objects: 1 (out of 86 total)

With a hopeful smile, Cercis raises her hand high in the air.

Darach Tylwyth Nightshade says, "I'ts a secret apparantly."

Cercis, of the Murder says, "It is!"

Darach Tylwyth Nightshade says, "I bugged her but she wouldn't tell me."

You say, "I'm not sure I should open it now."

The corners of your mouth turn up as you grin mischievously.

You say, "I do want to know what it is, though..."

You ponder an elegant charcoal moth origami package thoughtfully, looking it up and down.

You shrug helplessly.

An elegant charcoal moth origami package unfolds and sings to you, "There are few things in the Basin as beautiful as a follower of Night. And even fewer who share Her beauty as well as you do."
    An origami package in the shape of a rose blossom falls out of an elegant charcoal moth origami package and into your hands.
    An elegant charcoal moth origami package flutters apart in wisps of vellum as the last of its contents spill into your hands.

Cercis, of the Murder laughingly says, "The first package couldn't fit it all."

You give a trillingly melodic laugh.

A skull-shaped crown falls out of an origami package in the shape of a rose blossom and into your hands.
    A darkly suave formal jacket coat of smooth leather falls out of an origami package in the shape of a rose blossom and into your hands.
    A vine-wreathed bottle of purple hues falls out of an origami package in the shape of a rose blossom and into your hands.
    A delicate pearlescent cup with a fluted body falls out of an origami package in the shape of a rose blossom and into your hands.
    A garnet night legacy necklace falls out of an origami package in the shape of a rose blossom and into your hands.
    An origami package in the shape of a rose blossom flutters apart in wisps of vellum as the last of its contents spill into your hands.

Utterly entranced, you emit a long "Ooooh."

ii crown
    You are holding:
    "crown157555"                           a skull-shaped crown
    You are wearing:
    Number of matching objects: 1 (out of 90 total)

For this crown, a dingy coloured marble has been used in order to
    recreate the appearance of a horrifying ram's skull that has been long
    separated from the body. Missing its lower jaw, the sharp jagged teeth,
    uncharacteristic for that of a ram, hang down to where it is meant to
    fit just above the wearer's brow. The crown, obviously meant to cover
    the top of the head, has faceted oval-shaped onyxes serving for eyes
    that have been pushed back deep into the sockets. Extending outwards
    from the sides of this artificial skull are large spiraled horns crafted
    entirely from platinum. These metal horns, ribbed for the sake of
    appearance and texture, gleam brightly in the available light.
    It has 208 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs 2 ounce(s).
    It bears the distinctive mark of Ayi.
    It has the following aliases: crown.

You slip into a skull-shaped crown.

You slip into a darkly suave formal jacket coat of smooth leather.

ii bottle
    You are holding:
    "bottle34441"                           a vine-wreathed bottle of purple hues (filled with white spider venom wine)
    You are wearing:

ii cup
    You are holding:
    "cup209806"                             a delicate pearlescent cup with a fluted body
    You are wearing:

You slip into a garnet night legacy necklace.

This delicate cup has a bone-white pearlescent sheen to its fluted body,
    a slick of colours washing over its surface. The rim of the cup has been
    smoothed, a line of silver painted in a narrow stripe. The silver has
    oxidised and been feathered in places, giving the suggestion of
    miniscule crows marching around the rim of the vessel, beak to tail.
    Around the cup's handle is a thorned vine, crowned by a detailed black
    rose, the centre formed by a single multi-faceted onyx gem.
    It has 5 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs 6 ounce(s).
    It has been stamped with the seal of The Crowquill Bookbinding Cartel.
    It has the following aliases: cup, glass.

You pour white spider venom wine from a vine-wreathed bottle of purple hues into a delicate pearlescent cup with a fluted body.

You take a long draught of white wine, hoping to quench your thirst.
    Smooth and deceptively sweet, the wine unfurls a dulcet bouquet of fruity notes along with a surprising aromatic spiciness across your palate, tinged with the faintest hint of a premonitory bitterness. A sudden chill skitters down your spine as you swallow, the sensation fanning rapidly outwards in tendrils of frost that fleet briefly across your skin before fading away.

You say to Cercis, "This is all amasing, thank you so much!"

Cercis, of the Murder says, "There! They suit you perfectly."

Your mouth turns up as your face breaks into a smile.

Cercis flashes you a joyous smile.

You say, "I love this coat, especially."

Ghostly voices echo softly, combining into a haunting melody.

Cercis, of the Murder says, "I thought you would look very handsome in it since it matches your clothing."

You nod your head sagely.

You say, "You have a good eye for fashion."

A large shadow flits across the edge of your vision for a bare instant, vanishing between the trees.

Branches shaking, Cercis, of the Murder says, "I just like to make sure the prettiest little faeling in the forest looks his best."

• Welp, you heard it here. Glomteekan confirmed
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    You heard it here: The Wyrd officially has loins. 
    But how big is it's e-peen? The world wants to know.
  • edited April 2015
    Literally picked the best time ever to play in Glomdoring, what a first day that was!

@Viravain and @Nocht give me life.

(soon, @Manteekan too!)
    A far away voice whispers, the sound barely reaching your ears, yet the words remain perfectly clear, "Then so be it."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Meeting @Viravain for the first time was a scary and entertaining experience.

Of all the times for Mag divine to be in hiding. Twiddle twiddle, twiddling thumbs over here.

• Bro no love
  • Damut said:

Bro no love

Were you one of the two people couldn't understand?
    Cuz I just listed the people I recorded shouting "Glory Be to Glomdoring."
    I mean Phulbelishi was standing right next to me for some of that but didnt' shout so....
    I mean if you shouted and I didn't hear you that is weird and I"ll edit you in. But if you didn't reply to lady Viravains "glory be to Glomdoring" then just learn to and it's all good(though you don't have to shout if she's not.).

• Raves for @Rawth for his hilarious shout in the midst of all the Glom shouting.

Even funnier was when someone called Rawth a dumbass, all while missing the wit of Rawth's shout.  Irony at its best!

Raves for @Viravain.  Scariest Goddess I've ever met!  But so cool.
This discussion has been closed.