Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Tremula said:

Well, it's time for the next leg of Tremula's journey. I just have no idea where she's going. 

Hallifax is lovely this time of year.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:

Is Mantakeen a thing from somewhere else, or just a weird switcheroo that seems to be happening in people's brains? Like when people say marscapone instead of mascarpone.

(I'm sure there's something my linguistics background that would shed some light on the matter)

I believe you're thinking about Mandypatinkin.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Damn, I stirred up some drama. 
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • edited April 2015
    Tremula said:

Damn, I stirred up some drama. 

surprise animated GIF
    A far away voice whispers, the sound barely reaching your ears, yet the words remain perfectly clear, "Then so be it."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    This must be what going crazy feels like.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • My two ex boyfriends are together
  • I'm about to rage
  • Annick said:

My two ex boyfriends are together

IG or .....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Tylwyth said:

Annick said:

My two ex boyfriends are together

IG or .....</blockquote

Outside of the game
  • OH, feels......
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Why such horrible timing with revolts, villagers? Why? I want to practice my new village influence ability and get moar favorz and I can't do that if you revolt twenty minutes before I have to leave for work. Be considerate!
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I know those feels.
  • Good feels and talk times! \m/

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Rofl not enough hindering when you literally have to stop what you're doing to not die.

Rofl the implication that shackles is the bare minimum level of hindering required in order to compete.

Get real here. Vision wins yet again.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Hindering on par with Illuminati, perhaps. What do MD's (or SD's, with their stun even) have that's on par? The off balance from brownie?
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Shuyin said:

Rofl not enough hindering when you literally have to stop what you're doing to not die.

Rofl the implication that shackles is the bare minimum level of hindering required in order to compete.

Get real here. Vision wins yet again.

Rofl at poor comparisons being snuck into the report before submitting it, so other envoys couldn't point at the flaws.

Rofl at an envoy who calls inquisition too strong one day then ok's passive entangles the next, without doing anything about inquisition.

But it was every other single envoy that was being partisan and not the Celestians giving themselves passive entangles. "Because Nihilists." 

Not cool at all.

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    IN BEFORE SHUT DOWN.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Enyalida said:

Hindering on par with Illuminati, perhaps. What do MD's (or SD's, with their stun even) have that's on par? The off balance from brownie?

If you're an SD named @Celina, you cause people to freeze up. That's the SD hindering for you.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

edited April 2015
    Or it's cool that the standard for reports/additions has been turned on its head. Time to start proposing all kinds of things and using 'You have to provide reasons we shouldn't have xyz, it's not my job to argue why we should have it." I mean, there are envoys who have always operated by that logic, but it hasn't been endorsed openly until now? Wait, I meant not cool  :(
  • Siam said:

Enyalida said:

If you're an SD named @Celina, you cause people to freeze up. That's the SD hindering for you.
    True story
    Enyalida said:

Full transparency: barghest averages 1 second stun every 20 seconds. That's kind of something. Not a writhe every 8 seconds but whatever.
    Let it be known, Princess @Celina, that you are henceforth tasked with nuclear buffing the Coven of Night.

#bringShikariback 

edited April 2015
    The stun is a bit more often than that (fae are 8s now, right?), but yeah. Hey, Shamans have a passive entangle! Granted, it's regular web and only happens an average of every 24 seconds (50% chance to hit on a 12 second timer, or do ~130 bleeding), costs 5p, takes up one of three trance slots, can only be cast on limited terrain, and is on an ent that is easily killed (more so than an angel), and that cannot be ordered to follow, so if you move it's a pain to have it chase (and it can't climb trees at all).

It also can't be cast with a symbol strike as an active skill.
    Enyalida said:

It also can't be cast with a symbol strike as an active skill.
    Symbol Evoke. Symbol Strike is an attack, Symbol Evoke is (probably) the same balance, but an affliction based on the pact/bond instead.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Right, that's what I meant, I'm just not uber-familiar with the exact verb. Point still stands, heh.
  • @Enyalida, I suggest Wildewood get passive entangle every 10 seconds. I mean come on I am a tree. I have to have a vine hanging from somewhere.
    I don't actually know the difference between shackles and webbing/vining, so I'll have to bow out of this argument.
    Yessssss, give 'woods a passive LiveForest.
    Nope, fae are 10. Angels are 8. Fae used to be 12 but I envoyed them to 10. Webbing and vines are the same diagnose. Shackles stacks with both, they don't stack with each other
    edited April 2015
    Shackles is a longer writhe, that stacks with regular web/vine/ropes. So with passive shackles, a Celestine (or Nihilist) can deal an aff (like blackout for the Celestine) plus shackles PLUS web. So now you have to writhe twice or summer before you can do anything else. Nihilists had this as a core part of their strategy, for which their entire kit is ostensibly balanced. Celestines are getting this alongside their Inquisition strategies, as well as being nigh unkillable due to Sacraments defenses. Basically, they can now hinder spam as good as a Nihilist, in addition to all the other crazy they have going for them (like Healing + Sacraments wombo). 

The optimal result would have been to replace Sensitivity with Epilepsy, and drop shackles from Nihilism too, when they get overhauled for all the other things that have gone wrong with them. Notice I didn't say to replace shackles with epilepsy. That's not where the goalposts should be, justifying a replacement for shackles. The argument should be 'what replaces sensitivity in the ~20 afflictions they can deal (remember, the overhaul is going to have ~40 or 50 affs. 20 of them is 50% of the affs), now that they get sensitivity in another pact as well'. Sensitivity to shackles is a big leap.

EDIT: The difference between web and vines is that the vines skill is faster than web enchant (and probably the web skill) by ~1s. It's terrain dependent in exchange (except for -woods). 
This discussion has been closed.