Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    So with passive shackles, a Celestine (or Nihilist) can deal an aff (like blackout for the Celestine) plus shackles PLUS web.

^ That's what I'm having trouble with. How are guardians getting passive shackles?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited April 2015
    It's on their pacts, so they imbue their angel/demon with it, and the angel/demon gives out passive shackles. That's how it's always been, that's the whole point of Celestialism/Nihilism!
    edited April 2015
    Gotcha. So what you're saying is that you have an issue with someone imbuing Shackles/Whatever causes blackout, and then abjure webbing at the same time. Wasn't vapors removed? Can guardians still cause blackout? Doesn't it require ten power to have imbued powers hit two at a time, and then only ten times in a row?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I thought all writhe-things were going to be condensed into one during the Overhaul anyway. Or did I misunderstand that?
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Angels have blackout, demons do not.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Report 1346 outlines my problem with it. You all can read it or cp here.

Celestines are getting blackout back. Ten power to pre prep doesn't matter during the fight. Also wasn't scourge buffed to tick more. The problem is that when you have carcer starlight walls etc etc and your kill condition literally requires the victim to leave to not die, giving them more hindering isn't the most rational move.
    Celina said:

Angels have blackout, demons do not.

I have to admit that I haven't played my guardian in a while, but seeing as vapors was removed from Raziela, I don't think angels can do blackout.
  • It takes ten power for them to hit twice ten times, but having your pet wrath'd is considered standard. I believe the standing plan is to globally replace vapors with a short blackout?
    edited April 2015
    Yes, in part. Guardians can still cause blackout. It does, but you can spend that ten power at some arbitrary point before combat starts. 

The real problem is that there was never any problem statement describing why Celestines, who have good offensive options, decent-to-good hindering (via tarot and their passives), AND several of the best defensive options (tarot/healing, sacraments) ALSO needed one of the strongest hinders in the game as a free passive. If they can't use it with Inquisition, what purpose does it serve besides being obnoxious and making them harder to kill when they're just turtling, something they already EXCEL in. What strategic goal does it accomplish? Answering questions like that is (supposedly) how the envoy system has traditionally functioned: If you want a change from the status quo, you need to positively prove that it's a necessary or good change for the game. If the issue is that they have insufficient hindering to compete (which is questionable), there are less extreme solutions that would work just as well, like epilepsy - an affliction that they are very well poised (if not BEST poised) to take advantage of. Traditionally, the least disruptive solution that satisfies the problem is the best solution. What happened?
    Report 1346 outlines my problem with it. You all can read it or cp here.

Celestines are getting blackout back. Ten power to pre prep doesn't matter during the fight. Also wasn't scourge buffed to tick more. The problem is that when you have carcer starlight walls etc etc and your kill condition literally requires the victim to leave to not die, giving them more hindering isn't the most rational move.

It takes ten power for them to hit twice ten times, but having your pet wrath'd is considered standard. I believe the standing plan is to globally replace vapors with a short blackout?

There we go. Context makes this so  much better, lol. I wasn't aware they were adding blackout to Celestines again.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    This is on top of carcer, yes.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

edited April 2015
    And potential rubble and empress from Tarot, and the (admittedly once per hour) starlight carcer effect from their construct, yeah. 

Honestly, what has my gander up so much is not that Celestines have Shackle. I expect there will be a lot of substantial guild re-balances once some of the dust from the affliction overhaul settles. The real problem is the way in which the change went through. From original post to final decision, there were ~5 days. Between the announcement to Envoys of potential changes and those changes being decided on, there was one third of the minimum regular time for official comments. Short of the regular RL MONTH (~) for voiced concerns/conversation over Envoys. The suggested pacts were decided by fiat from the administration, without the need for the recipient guild's envoys to put forwards suggestions or shoulder the burden of proving that the changes were a positive good. Regardless of the actual arguments put forwards by either side of the issue, the procedure followed really puts a bad taste in my mouth. The arguments started off on the wrong foot entirely, and proceeded in the wrong direction as a result.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Anyone else having forums weirdness with the 'last post in this section' part of the main page?
  • Yup. Time will update, but poster and topic won't.
  • --------------------------------------------------------------
    Deaths     Killer                         Time               
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    1          Urdnot                         2015/04/26 18:44:48
    Player Deaths: 1

Kills      Victim                         Time               
    1          Urdnot                         2015/04/27 19:20:24
    Player Kills: 1

My first arch-nemesis?!
    A far away voice whispers, the sound barely reaching your ears, yet the words remain perfectly clear, "Then so be it."
  • --------------------------------------------------------------

My first arch-nemesis?!

This is what the thread should be about.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited April 2015

My first arch-nemesis?!

Congratulations!  ;)

Edit: Damnit, what is it with these forums, why are posts so easy to break?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Rancoura said:

Congratulations!  ;)

Edit: Damnit, what is it with these forums, why are posts so easy to break?
    Just some in-group luck for the both of us, but I found it super poetic ;;)
    A far away voice whispers, the sound barely reaching your ears, yet the words remain perfectly clear, "Then so be it."
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Luck, or fate?  :>

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I like Rancoura's thinking.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    If I were a Crow user, I'd take you under my wing and instill in you the power required to utterly destroy your nemesis.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    You feel an unusually strong lust for Manteekan.

Didn't realise you could lovepotion Divine.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    That's just His passive effect.
  • It's official, @Manteekan confuses the fuck out of me.
  • Shaddus said:

That's just His passive effect.

I can confirm this. 
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

Damut said:

It's official, @Manteekan confuses the fuck out of me.

This is also His passive effect.
  • Luce said:

Tarkenton said:

If I were a Crow user, I'd take you under my wing and instill in you the power required to utterly destroy your nemesis.

And throw up in your mouth.
    @Astraea quick Envoy this!
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

Tylwyth said:

Luce said:

Tarkenton said:

And throw up in your mouth.
    @Astraea quick Envoy this!
    A combination of Crow Trickster and Crow Spew!
  • I just have this to say about the Divine argument.
This discussion has been closed.