Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Yay, Vadi's android app says character1234 has three new messages! Maybe it's a design that passed, or I got a favour from a god I made happy, or maybe.....

Nope. Throne blessing ended. :((
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited May 2015
    4 v 1 with two bards, I even stick around to fight you, and you guys still have to use nexus distort. Boring PK is boring. 
  • edited May 2015
    Celina said:

4 v 1 with two bards, I even stick around to fight you, and you guys still have to use nexus distort. Boring PK is boring. 

Actually, nobody nexus distorted.

Besides, It's hard to fight a healer when they do nothing but prismatic.
    ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂ ɪᴛs ʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ sᴀʟᴛ! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂                                ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`

• 1) You were on an elemental plane where we were all being thrown everywhere. 

2) You didn't fight. You scuttled around like a cockroach..

Also the obligatory OMG YOU WERE OFF PEAK RAIDING AT 4am and all that whiny nonsense that seems to be every send Tweets posts.

You are a fantastic combatant but gloating about 4v1 in that situation is ludicrous 
    edited May 2015
    Shrine distort. Because that makes a difference.

lol@prismatic

edit: Dat prismatic. Dat cockroach!

You stare deep into Taevyn's soul and discern that:
    Taevyn's health stands at 5389/5731.          ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||-- 94% health
    Taevyn's mana stands at 3604/6900.            |||||||||||||||--------------- 52% mana
    shadowdance twist taevyn tighten
    Taevyn's ego stands at 6598/6600.             |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||- 99% ego
    Taevyn's power stands at 8/10.                ||||||||||||||||||||||||------ 80% power
    ?:7374h, 9237m, 7559e, 7p, 26400en, 25676w elrxkdb-
    You grasp the shadow of Taevyn in your hands and twist it violently, smiling darkly as Taevyn 
    writhes in agony.
    Taevyn falters under the supremacy of Mother Night.
    ?:7374h, 9187m, 7559e, 6p, 26400en, 25666w lrxkdb-
    With a telepathic giggle, a pooka bound in shadows tells you that he is in control of Taevyn's 
    actions.
    stratagem add order taevyn focus mind
    You may drink more lucidity slush potion.
    ?:7374h, 9187m, 7559e, 6p, 26400en, 25666w lrxkdb-(sip lucidity)
    You build upon your stratagem, adding action one as: ORDER TAEVYN FOCUS MIND.
    You may eat or smoke another herb.
    You take a drink of lucidity slush from a cold iron vial of Night. (1.917s) (1.917s)
    7374h, 9187m, 7559e, 6p, 26400en, 25666w lrxkdb-
    Your brownie runs up and tickles Taevyn's sides.
    7374h, 9187m, 7559e, 6p, 26400en, 25666w lrxkdb-(+5162h, 70.0%, +6341m, 66.8%, +5282e, 69.6%) 
    The aura surrounding you briefly pulses.
    7374h, 9187m, 7484e, 6p, 26400en, 25666w lrxkdb-(-75e, 1.0%) 
    You may drink more lucidity slush potion.
    7374h, 9187m, 7484e, 7p, 26400en, 25666w lrxkdb-
    The song of an angelic choir fills the air with a blazing white light.
    The song of angelic choir fills the air with a brilliant light as Taevyn covers his eyes and drops 
    to his knees.
    Sluush raises his arms and a gust of wind slams into Taevyn.
    Taevyn is hurled out of the room to the northeast by the gust of wind.
  • edited May 2015
    It does make a difference. Thanks for the correction :)

Oh I see you copy/pasted that one time where it was just me and you fighting. And yet reference a 4v1. Ggwp.
    ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂ ɪᴛs ʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ sᴀʟᴛ! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂                                ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`

edited May 2015
    edit: Doesn't matter. Boring PK was boring! Why you guys gotta zerg me so much. Shuck just wants hugs.
  • You're right, fighting someone who uses prismatic forever IS boring.

edited May 2015
    I mean, if that's really your issue with how I pk, I extend you the same offer I extend anyone else. Feel free to jump me at any time. I'll pk forgive you if you win (lol). Somehow I don't really think serpent is what's holding you back. 

edit: Not the be the person that is all "DUEL ME BRO," I don't expect you to. Just pointing out that serpent isn't really your issue. 
  • I'm sorry you had boring PK, but I will say that I'm not sorry you got bored and stopped. Cause I had things I wanted to do when I logged on this morning, and flinging myself hopelessly at you when you're attacking us was getting in the way. lol
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Renna said:

I'm sorry you had boring PK, but I will say that I'm not sorry you got bored and stopped. Cause I had things I wanted to do when I logged on this morning, and flinging myself hopelessly at you when you're attacking us was getting in the way. lol

See: Rancoura's post from a few hours ago.
  • Xenthos said:

Renna said:

I'm sorry you had boring PK, but I will say that I'm not sorry you got bored and stopped. Cause I had things I wanted to do when I logged on this morning, and flinging myself hopelessly at you when you're attacking us was getting in the way. lol

See: Rancoura's post from a few hours ago.
    It wasn't me!
  • Siam said:

Time to update that bounty list.

There's a bounty list?!?
    Taevyn said:

Oh I see you copy/pasted that one time where it was just me and you fighting. And yet reference a 4v1. Ggwp.

Celina said:

/chin
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Note to midbie fighters: if it's one person, don't ripple your elemental plane. It's not worth it.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Shaddus said:

Note to midbie fighters: if it's one person, don't ripple your elemental plane. It's not worth it.

If you have the constructs and discretionary powers are up, do it just because. It's 99% more likely to get them to leave than you slamming your head against a wall.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Tremula said:

Shaddus said:

If you have the constructs and discretionary powers are up, do it just because. It's 99% more likely to get them to leave than you slamming your head against a wall.
    If you want to get fighting practise in, having your enemies bouncing around like pinballs probably isn't going to help. If you just want to be left alone...then just don't defend your Lords. They die in like five seconds anyways.
    A far away voice whispers, the sound barely reaching your ears, yet the words remain perfectly clear, "Then so be it."
  • I get the whole 'don't defend if you don't want to thing.' But it just seems, I don't know... wrong. My character is supposed to be dedicated and care about these things, so ignoring it when someone's going around killing them doesn't make sense. I do it sometimes, the ignoring, but I feel really bad about it afterward. lol
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    My secret?

CONFIG LOYALSAYS OFF when I don't feel in the mood for brawls/got other stuff I wanna get done.  Granted, that's almost never these days, but every once in a while you gotta just step back, say whatever, and go about what you want to do.
  • Shaddus said:

Taevyn said:

Celina said:

/chin
    Sluush literally walked in and gusted me, and thats about it.

Oh come on Taevyn. No one here thinks you actually fight me solo. You might hit me solo then run away, or walk in solo with other people following shortly, but that was a snippet of me alone in a room with 2 of you with 2 others (Raeri and Camberre) a couple rooms away. Drop the charade. About as believable as "forever prismatic."
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    edited May 2015
    It's Taevyn, who would expect any different?
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Yeah, no matter who's raiding, if they're being or going to be a pain, I vote for raising as many discretionaries as possible to get them to leave. Because that's the only way they'll leave. A raider who is raiding to be annoying will not leave unless it's no longer worth the trouble. Make it not worth their trouble.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • edited May 2015

Tremula said:

Shaddus said:

If you want to get fighting practise in, having your enemies bouncing around like pinballs probably isn't going to help. If you just want to be left alone...then just don't defend your Lords. They die in like five seconds anyways.
    Renna said:

I get the whole 'don't defend if you don't want to thing.' But it just seems, I don't know... wrong. My character is supposed to be dedicated and care about these things, so ignoring it when someone's going around killing them doesn't make sense. I do it sometimes, the ignoring, but I feel really bad about it afterward. lol

This is often the debate that is brought up whenever someone strikes an Elemental plane. On one side, you are losing nothing, they will reform in an hour, and the elemental lords really dont give much of anything other than extra essence (when they are alive, which like I said is in an hour). On the other hand, the RP factor plays in that they are supposedly emmanations of the element you harness and have wisdom, etc. Frankly elemental lords have always been downplayed in importance, as frankly their theme is lackluster and their use subpar. I recall the first time someone told me not to 'bother with defending elemental' since we lose nothing anyway, and how appalued at the idea I was, now, I suggest it myself unless someone feels like getting into a rumble.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    It's all about risk vs reward. The same things happens during ethereal raids too.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • .. My only sadness at the moment is that I know Camus is only an Ephemeral and will eventually disappear. :( Don't leave me, Camus. Make an Order. Do it.

• edited May 2015
    Woah jeezus. You guys want PvP and get upset when you get it? 
    This (and school) is why I rarely log on anymore.

In case you all haven't noticed, we don't exactly have a big combatant pool.
    You're also all top deckers. You've been playing for ages and you have gained experience and particular boons/artifacts which hold you a little bit higher than people just stepping into the game.

Walking up to Celina as a midbie on your own is pretty much asking for a free trip to the havens/portal of fate, so faulting Taevyn and turning on the aggression is hardly justified. 
    Similarly, walking up to Raeri/Rivius/Shuyin/Viynain is pretty much just asking for a beating to about 70%- 90% of the game. When you're in a division so far ahead of people in a sandbox where it takes some financial investment and at least 50 - 100 hours to get a decent ground in 1v1 combat, you can't be upset when people begin to realize that fighting you 1v1 isn't really viable. 

You can say what you want and argue as much as you want but at the end of the day the combat potential in Lusternia is going to remain a moderately closed system. Taking combatants out, particularly those slowly progressing to the higher tiers or mid tiers, is only creating a blander world. If you want that, then by all means, please continue. 

(I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    edited May 2015
    Don't be dramatic and don't put unfair spins on things. I did not fault anyone for teaming up against me. I engage in 1vMore than 1 on a daily basis, and I'm cool with it. Especially when people are just defending their own territories. People make their way up the ranks by learning, just like I had to do, and acting like people at the top are complaining that PK exists or that it's all about the pwn just poisons the well. 

People want to fight, people want to learn. Fantastic. As has been noted by third parties a few times on these forums, I'll even help you not get killed next time if you ask. That's not what this was.

When you show up to a fight when your org was not otherwise involved (i.e. Celest defending Seren), it's pretty indicative that you are looking for a fight or why else would you show up. GREAT. More PK. When you pile on single fighters with more people than they can realistically actually compete with, then use shrines to lock them down, it's not about the PK. It's about the zerg wanting a kill. Understandable if Seren is just tired of defending and wanting it to end. Less so when it's Celest who came looking for the fight to begin with. (hint: it was Celest)

Creating scenarios where the target cannot fight back or escape isn't about the PK, period end of story. Which is whatever, it happens, but at let's at least be honest about it and not try to make it about the solo PKer being upset it wasn't a 1v1. The truth is the opposite of PKers just complaining they want to own people in 1v1s, it's non competitive PKers (like Taevyn) who want to create no win scenarios for the people he isn't learning to compete with on his own. That's not fun for anyone, and it certainly doesn't teach anyone anything other than to avoid PK unless they are absolutely certain they can win or escape. 

This discussion has been closed.