What are you playing?

Comments

• Introducing someone to Tales of the Abyss is so satisfying. We are so close to the first twist. :3
  • Besiege! It's this one I found on Steam where you build medieval style siege weaponry. Or functional helicopters with realistically designed swash plates. Or guided missiles. Or battle mechs. Really the only limit is your imagination. And the non-deterministic Unity physics that means even a GOOD design can fail catastrophically sometimes for no apparent reason.
  • Started the Witcher 3 today!  So far, so good!
  • I've been playing a LOT of CS:GO, Rift and Diablo 3 lately. Because I'm boring.
    ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂ ɪᴛs ʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ sᴀʟᴛ! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂                                ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited May 2015
    I got re-addicted to SWTOR and leveled a Powertech from 1 to 55 in about a week.

• Regicide. And Space Marine.
    A horde of beings swarms about Your bulk. They are diverse in shape but are, without exception, horrific to look upon. Claws and teeth without number flash across Your vision, and nebulous masses of compound eyes and writhing tentacles and spindly antennae all twist around You. With the merest thought, You open wide Your maw and lazily swallow one.
  • edited May 2015
    So, this week, I acquired Black Mage, and defeated Leviabeetus. It was a good time to be in Eorzea.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Because I'm eternally behind the times, I picked up Dark Souls: Prepare to Die on Humble Bundle for 4.99 today.

These damned skeletons shouldn't be that hard to kill. Just saying.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Just a tip. If it's the skeletons with the scimitars, you're going the wrong way. They're little buttholes for quite a while.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Shaddus said:
    Because I'm eternally behind the times, I picked up Dark Souls: Prepare to Die on Humble Bundle for 4.99 today.

These damned skeletons shouldn't be that hard to kill. Just saying.
    I decided to play through the original too after finishing Dark Souls II. Surprised that assholes still invade and steal my lunch money even now!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Tarkenton said:
    Just a tip. If it's the skeletons with the scimitars, you're going the wrong way. They're little buttholes for quite a while.
    See? Now you tell me. I died fifteen times trying to get past them, and ended up dying in the catacombs once.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I finally beat Aria's final boss in Crypt of the Necrodancer. That was intense! No matter how many one-shot defenses you've got, there's no defense against a missed beat. I'm gonna be tapping to phantom beats for quite a while.

But the game is still a *ton* of fun.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Been on a bit of a retro kick now that my portable arcade rig is up and running, currently been playing Mr Gimmick for the NES - an insanely difficult, but also very fun game (which sadly was not released outside of Japan and Scandinavia for some reason, besides reproduction carts)
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Just starting into Guns of Icarus. Which seems appropriate given I'm wanting to get back into aetherspace. Just finished Darkness II, was a good story.

Also mentally battening the hatches and preparing to play through The Witcher I & II. I've started the first game I don't know how many times, and something always happens, I don't touch it for months, and I have no clue what I was doing.

The first two chapters of the first game though... Hnnngh. Tempted to see if I have a save file for after that point lying around.
  • edited May 2015

Neptunia is on steam. yay. =D

Picked up the Descent series. I've only played the first one, which is one of the few PC games I grew up with. It's like Doom, except you're a weapon-loaded mining ship with full range of motion and all the levels are sprawling labyrinths with enemy robots around every corner. Even with 1995 era graphics, which are so low res that distant enemies and projectiles blend into the wall textures (come to think of it, that's probably not unintentional), I find myself trying to crane my neck to peek around corners or over ledges. Highly recommended!
    I used to make cakes.

• Tarkenton said:
    Just starting into Guns of Icarus. Which seems appropriate given I'm wanting to get back into aetherspace. Just finished Darkness II, was a good story. Also mentally battening the hatches and preparing to play through The Witcher I & II. I've started the first game I don't know how many times, and something always happens, I don't touch it for months, and I have no clue what I was doing. The first two chapters of the first game though... Hnnngh. Tempted to see if I have a save file for after that point lying around.
    I just got Witcher I, I'm really appreciating the 90s animation. I just stopped at where he kills the barghest outside that one village.
    Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
  • Finally finished Witcher 1. Started up 2 to discover that everything controls wrong, my potions don't last long enough, and the quicksave button doesn't work sometimes. DESPAIR.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Lego the Hobbit for my shiny new 3DS is really cute so far, but I definitely need to get more titles. Anyone have recommendations?
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Ieptix said:
    Tremula said:
    Lego the Hobbit for my shiny new 3DS is really cute so far, but I definitely need to get more titles. Anyone have recommendations?
    Majora's Mask.
    Anything Zelda. Ocarina of Time is my  personal favorite, even though I haven't played it in years.
    Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
    edited June 2015
    STAR FOX 64 3D

(Although to be honest I can't tolerate the changes to the music and voice work. The updated graphics are nice but the original sounds are so deeply ingrained in my psyche that the differences are jarring.)
    I used to make cakes.

• The Etrian Odyssey series are great dungeon crawlers if you're into the genre. The newest games even have an RPG-esque format complete with named characters and plot based character development. Gogo.

• Rune Factory 4 is really cute for 3DS. Tales of the Abyss is available for 3DS which is an excellent story (but tbh better played on PS2).
  • Got the new elder scrolls.

Insert disc.

15GB update.

:(
  • @Ellowyn Elder Scrolls Online?
  • edited June 2015
    OMG what faction you gonna run?  I am willing to start over if I have someone to play with regularly

edit: DX damn it Sony and Microsoft need to be more open to Crossplatform play :(  Sorry Ellowyn.. Your ps4 and my PC cant play together...
  • Been playing Rune Factory: Oceans on PS3 and just started Fallout for the first time. :O I never realised the earlier ones weren't FPS. 
    Fallout 2 was amazing. Fallout 1 wasn't bad.

Fallout Tactics was trash.