Simple Ideas

Comments

• @Vetala actually thought of this when she was wishing there was a gem for sugar.

A manse commodity gem that lets you upkeep and harvest sugar. It's really hard for cooks to get sugar because of how rarely alchemists eff it up, a lot of the time we're left scrounging (Or begging) around for what we need.

Or my idea which is adding sugarcane reeds to the commodities copse.

With a watchful eye, you tend to the sugarcane reeds growing in the copse, pulling out dead ones and carefully seeding new life.

You pull the reeds free from the earth and begin you work shredding them. Soon the sugary juices are flowing free and set to be dried for sugar consumption. Or something? Unno. Obama?

(Moved to the right thread because I'm a firetruckin' idiot)

• Well, to be fair, alchemists don't mess it up that rarely. I'd estimate about 10% of the time it becomes sugar instead of what they intended, and every time you get between 1 and 11 sugar (or so it seems). Heck, I've got a bit over 20k sugar just sitting in my stockroom...
  • Ssaliss said:
    Well, to be fair, alchemists don't mess it up that rarely. I'd estimate about 10% of the time it becomes sugar instead of what they intended, and every time you get between 1 and 11 sugar (or so it seems). Heck, I've got a bit over 20k sugar just sitting in my stockroom...
    WHY AREN'T YOU SELLING THIS. I THOUGHT YOU LOVED US. I THOUGHT WE HAD SOMETHING SPECIAL.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Ssaliss said:
    Well, to be fair, alchemists don't mess it up that rarely. I'd estimate about 10% of the time it becomes sugar instead of what they intended, and every time you get between 1 and 11 sugar (or so it seems). Heck, I've got a bit over 20k sugar just sitting in my stockroom...
    HOW YOU DOIN BB
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I thought sugar was like super-easy after the change to make you get multiple sugar groups after a failed bulk amalgamation rather than just 1.
  • I've been trying to find a shop that sells it for ages now. I had to trade 5 goldentint for 1200ish sugar earlier today.. No one is selling.

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    edited May 2015
    Now that books can be bound for stores, can we loosen up the design restrictions so that any design can be bound for a person or for an organization? Like being able to bind pamphlets and codices for players instead of just for orgs.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I know I'm probably flogging a dead horse, but worth a shot! Can we get a few new nouns for designs? Not necessarily whole new patterns, but additionally acceptable nouns for certain existing patterns. For example, some I would love:

Bonnet (hat)
    Fascinator (hat)
    Beret (hat)
    Sash (belt)
    Cravat (scarf)

I know at present we can get around it, like making a frilly bonnet hat, but it makes me cringe inside. Can we have some, pretty please?

• Posters! Bookbinding furniture locked to an org like chops are, have a READ desc in addition to the normal ones, can only be put up in org territory.
  • @Lavinya I am in support for all except sash. A sash can be more than a belt. So it should probably get its own pattern.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Do bow ties exist as a separate item? Or tires in general?
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    No, but they can be built into suits.

My turn! Are cuff links a thing in Jewelry?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    If we're asking for design nouns, I would like ponchos to be added under coats, please.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    They are not, Darius. I know because I had to incorporate them in my suit design.
  • I would love to see fans make it into artistry and tailoring plz.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Mirrors.
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • A change to the trans abilities of some of the tradeskills.

Right now, herbs, tailoring, forging, tattoos, brewmeister (if we assume steelgut is the trans) and cooking (same for dietician) are all completely passive effects, while lorecraft, artisan, bookbinding and enchantments all require items. It would be nice to change this to not require said items for their passive effects; you'd still be able to make a magictome to get all four scrolls in one and a magicrown to get 100 charge enchantments, but even if you didn't have those you'd still get the resistances that the magictome gives and the mana reduction from the magicrown. The roseglasses and the philosopher's stone would be going the way of the dodo. The most challenging one is the artisan trans, but from what I've gathered, it could be deleted and no one would notice it anyway, so perhaps a new one might be nice there.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Forging and tailoring require armor/robes, so they aren't really 'passive' effects either. I don't believe I can don a pair of greatrobes and all the sudden get splendour stats on them either. 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Maybe your understanding of cloth and fabric allows you to better understand how to move to avoid damage when struck.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Synkarin said:
    Forging and tailoring require armor/robes, so they aren't really 'passive' effects either. I don't believe I can don a pair of greatrobes and all the sudden get splendour stats on them either. 
    Not in that direction, no, but IIRC if you wear splendours and flex out of tailoring they revert back to greatrobes stats. But yes, changing tailoring to just add 20/20 (or whatever would be appropriate) to robes (and ditto for forging) would be nice.
  • Can zaps be changed to deal flat magic damage. It's just so weird that 'a charge of energy, drawing from one of the Nine Domoths' would be stuck with electricity, rather than a broader source (from mostly an aesthetic point of view).
    A far away voice whispers, the sound barely reaching your ears, yet the words remain perfectly clear, "Then so be it."
  • edited June 2015
    I'd awfully like reaction slots to be able to use a random trigger. Specifically for randomly firing room emotes.
  • magic source can stay but type changes to cosmic, nature and elementalism.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Skye said:
    I'd awfully like reaction slots to be able to use a random trigger. Specifically for randomly firing room emotes.
    These were possible with the old system, so I'm not sure why there isn't a method for it now.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • An option for Elite Memberships to yield goop instead of dingbats would be interesting.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Viynain said:
    An option for Elite Memberships to yield goop instead of dingbats would be interesting.
    Apparently this is a no-go.  Period (and above Estarra's head).
  • Oh well!
  • Eritheyl said:
    Skye said:
    These were possible with the old system, so I'm not sure why there isn't a method for it now.
    It's still possible to get them as programmed emotes, but you have to set them up with the admin. They are not available under reaction slots. I was kind of surprised to find that out.
  • If someone else posted this, sorry not reading the whole thread to find it. But would it be possible that when you buy a curio pack to get a list of what you got?

Unwrap spam: You got 4 tulip, 4 mirror 4 what ever and so forth?

Unless there is some trick that I have yet to figure out on how to tell the new ones from the old. And yes, I am sure I could make a list of the 455 unattached curios I have now then make a new one each time but... I am getting lazy!

Please and thank you!

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.