Simple Ideas

Comments

• Neither did I... That's awesome!
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    !

• Can we get more choiceteleportmessages in line with the other choice*msgs? It's always nice to match. Any chance it can cover ascend too? I'm sure some of us would be happy to write the lines if it's a hassle.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    When seeing the output of CURIOS ALL, would it be possible for the fields to be separated by a minimum of two spaces?  With varying curio piece name word counts and everything else, it's a huge pain to try and write a regexp to try and capture the various fields reliably.

12691   Piece    Gold Bottle          Yellowgenies Eighth Gold Bottle Shard is hard to capture the group of, for example, because there's a single space between Yellowgenies and Eighth  This would at most add four extra spaces to the worst offenders, and would make it much easier to code around to do neat things.
  • Have you considered fixed-width parsing then trimming spaces?
  • Because I am a loving person, and people like to pastebin their curio lists:
    ^\s*\d+\s+(Rare |Piece)    ([\w ]){20} ([\w ]){12} ([\w ])+$

Hopefully it doesn't cut out the spaces in the middle there.
  • Bonded rifts (gatemasters) could have manse-like permissions.
  • Instead of a percent, can we have karma as a non-capped number? I would love this so much.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Config color godsays: exactly what it says.
  • Tarkenton said:
    This, so much, I love me some @nocht RP but it's hard to tell when he's speaking cuz he tends to speaking a dark grey tone.
    @manteekan does this sometimes as well.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Tylwyth said:
    Tarkenton said:
    This, so much, I love me some @nocht RP but it's hard to tell when he's speaking cuz he tends to speaking a dark grey tone.
    @manteekan does this sometimes as well.
    Might be better to just give them an extra line or two above (and maybe below). Some of the gods use color in their says and something like this could preserve the effect.
  • edited June 2015
    Malarious is picking on me, so he is doing his suggestion for getting it fixed so :P

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • Isluna said:
    Can we please have the HELP COVENANT include the how to share ghelps? You know that part about adding cov at the end, so I don't have to argue with another person that it is possible...

I didn't figure it out the first time, have no clue how the person who did found it, but that would be so helpful!
    Actually, if it is a request for information clarification/addition you can TYPO it with information and the respective reader of the typo is likely to do it since this isn't a code based thing.
  • Can we get rid of the power cost for hexaura? I don't know if there's a balance concern or what, but it's something you realistically put up before a fight..
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Vetala said:
    Can we get rid of the power cost for hexaura? I don't know if there's a balance concern or what, but it's something you realistically put up before a fight..
    So is Nightkiss...Crowform... :u
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Eritheyl said:
    Vetala said:
    Can we get rid of the power cost for hexaura? I don't know if there's a balance concern or what, but it's something you realistically put up before a fight..
    So is Nightkiss...Crowform... :u
    I don't know whether this means you're agreeing or disagreeing with me.  :-/
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Neither! Just saying, you're far from the only one who has to spend power before a fight. It's annoying, but it's a thing.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Enigma, Fool, Warrior - all pre-prep tarot cards that cost power. It's not like hexes isn't the only tertiary in this boat. (or primary skills for that matter)

• Lavinya said:
    Enigma, Fool, Warrior - all pre-prep tarot cards that cost power. It's not like hexes isn't the only tertiary in this boat. (or primary skills for that matter)
    That said, there is something to be said for there being two classes of people in Lusternia, those who tend to have to worry about power and those who do not.

I think there is some non-trivial number of players who have given up on the game after deciding they didn't want to bother gathering power once again. Much of this problem has been mitigated over time with orgs being more generous in allotments, dross being added, and additional ways of gaining power being implemented.

Still, I think it would be nice if the skills which didn't need power for balancing had the requirement removed. Summoning staves/symbols do not really need a power cost for any good reason I can think of.
  • edited June 2015
    Steingrim said:
    Lavinya said:
    That said, there is something to be said for there being two classes of people in Lusternia, those who tend to have to worry about power and those who do not.

I think there is some non-trivial number of players who have given up on the game after deciding they didn't want to bother gathering power once again. Much of this problem has been mitigated over time with orgs being more generous in allotments, dross being added, and additional ways of gaining power being implemented.

Still, I think it would be nice if the skills which didn't need power for balancing had the requirement removed. Summoning staves/symbols do not really need a power cost for any good reason I can think of.
    Or not have it cost 10 POWER muhhahaha!
    A crowcloak could be made with 1 and still be balanced.
    Not sure why motes all have to cost a point of power either, I can see it for stupidity and blackout motes,a except that they already cost  a point of power to puncture an aura.

• Tylwyth said:
    Steingrim said:
    Lavinya said:

Or not have it cost 10 POWER muhhahaha!
    A crowcloak could be made with 1 and still be balanced.
    Not sure why motes all have to cost a point of power either, I can see it for stupidity and blackout motes,a except that they already cost  a point of power to puncture an aura.

Motes can now be made from powerstones. And made in bulk. For the willpower cost of a single mote.

Every dreamweaver should bow down before me in thanks for that report.
  • Why would we thank someone that converted a skillset from a  manakill to an egokill without changing the manadrain to an egodrain?

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Lol'd. If that's true, he has a point.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Tylwyth said:
    Why would we thank someone that converted a skillset from a  manakill to an egokill without changing the manadrain to an egodrain?

That was Viynain. Also if the manadrain isn't an ego drain now that's a bug.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It is an ego drain. It's just a tiny useless ego drain that doesn't stack well with other players. At least, it doesn't stack up with the forests, it might with cities who have TP mates or other passive ego drains/ego kills.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Enyalida said:
    It is an ego drain. It's just a tiny useless ego drain that doesn't stack well with other players. At least, it doesn't stack up with the forests, it might with cities who have TP mates or other passive ego drains/ego kills.
    AKA Gaudi and Minstrels.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Would it be possible for modular origami not to decay in storerooms unless they're closed?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    New library command: EDITOR <BOOK> LIBRARY

Gives editing powers to your org's librarian and all library aides. This is useful so that anyone in the library can do editing whenever it's convenient instead of one person being locked in as sole editor.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Or just enable EDITOR to include orgs as well as individuals. Also, let LIBRARY SET <#> TYPE work, I set stuff as the wrong sch/lit way too often.