Simple Ideas

Comments

• And amaranth. Can't forget the amaranth.
  • Tridemon said:
    You planning on a garden that grows Tainted brass springs, cogs, and flywheels? Clockwork orange, meet clockwork tulip. ... I may be too tired to be making a great deal of sense.

Qistrel said:
    We have jasmine, and lavender. We are not so anti-plants as people think.

It's like people forgot the Amaranth...
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Actually have amaranths in my manse garden. Dunno why I didn't mention them. Heh.

• Daraius said:

These things should be possible through your org patrons. You just have to do most of the design legwork, convince your ruling council it's a good idea, and also convince them to fork over the gold to fund it!

The problem is generally getting the Charities to agree to add the new item to being a crafting option. And encouraging the roleplay of it, I suppose, if it is involving villages as well as city/communes. 
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited June 2015
    Oh, well.. Sounds like you might have more specific plans than I gathered from the post. I just know the special flower patch thing actually exists in Hallifax, and cities can purchase denizens through their patrons, and I've heard rumors of a rotating portrait display device that I totally want to propose for the opera house. Back in Achaea we even upgraded our house tutor to reskin weapons and armor for a fee, and sell custom instruments (which wouldn't be necessary here because of the design and crafting system, but I mention it as an illustration of unorthodox things your patron can provide for enough gold).
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Tattoos needs an embroidery-like ability so designs can be customized with names or short words like "MOM" and "MEEMAW."
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Talan said:
    Tattoos needs an embroidery-like ability so designs can be customized with names or short words like "MOM" and "MEEMAW."
    I just want to see these on everyone.

Item: Tattoo  Type: Arms  Org: Public  Designer: Lendren
    Commodities: redtint 6 yellowtint 1 bluetint 1 greentint 1 purpletint 1
    Mortal Reviews: Allowed
    Tattoo Weight: 10
    Appearance:
    a heart emblazoned with the word "Mom"
    Examined:
    Enwreathed in a rainbow-hued ribbon, a stylised bright red heart takes
    up the bulk of this simple tattoo. The red ink has been shaped in
    varying hues to give the impression of a curved surface, brighter tones
    as if catching the light casting shadows. Emblazoned across the heart in
    large letters, formed by simply leaving out the ink so the natural skin
    tone shows through, are the majuscule letters "MOM".
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."

Talan said:
    Tattoos needs an embroidery-like ability so designs can be customized with names or short words like "MOM" and "MEEMAW."
    Or find someone with 6 tattoo cartels who can make every tattoo you've ever wanted! :D

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Qistrel said:
    TELEPORT BOB is closer! By like 5 rooms.
    Well, if we're going that way... TELEPORT ARTIFACTS is even closer. :P

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Man I've been teleporting to the aetherplex like a chump all this time.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Damage kills really need to be a thing. All this time I've been struggling to win in duels because I thought warriors were supposed to attack the same spot over and over for more and more damage, when they're actually supposed to do the opposite. I can't really be viable with my 400 damage BFS since it has such low speed and precision, and that makes me a sad Ebonguard ;-;

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Sedanas said:
    Damage kills really need to be a thing. All this time I've been struggling to win in duels because I thought warriors were supposed to attack the same spot over and over for more and more damage, when they're actually supposed to do the opposite. I can't really be viable with my 400 damage BFS since it has such low speed and precision, and that makes me a sad Ebonguard ;-;
    Warriors were never meant to damage kill. Your goal is wound-kills based on your spec. Most cases, it's a crit swing to the head that does them in and you need to work in some hinder based on your spec. Cavalier has the benefit of crit affliction to chest/gut and heavy chest/gut for skewer, and axelord has two heavy levels plus one crit to chest/head/gut for execute. Beyond that, pureblade has the timed instakill and bonecrusher has the burstorgans deal. On top of that every spec has either brainbash or decapitate. Your goal would most likely be 230 speed, min damage, rest in precision for your weapons. Of course, we don't know how weapons and warrior combat will change once they've been overhauled, but for now... that's what you need to be looking at.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Monks can pull off damage kills, by wounding bodyparts to increase damage dealt to that park and then getting in high-damage kicks. In fact, this plus high bleeding is the general ninjakari strategy. We use this because it's very difficult to stick our insta, burst organs. At least that's what I'm told, I'm nowhere near a good enough fighter to be able to test if I can actually do our insta.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Funnily enough, that's the same basic strategy I approach nekotai combat with.  Good bleeding from vessels, dance forms around enough to build wounds effectively.  That, combined with hidden poisons, is pretty nasty.
    I suspected as much.

• Surprised this hasnt been mentioned before, but what about an ability in influence that would help pacify a target that is aggressive towards you. A lot of times some of us or novices will accidentally hit a quest mob or city loyal whom wont stop smacking you until day change, which is really aggrevating. This influence ability would allow the person to try and calm down the mob and if successful, will pacify them (works the same in context as influencing for amnesty).

could be INFLUENCE <mob> WITH VINDICATION/REGRET/APOLOGY/PACIFICATION (examples)

Currently the only abilities possible of this are Wiccan nymph and bards, however unlike their abilities, this would not be instant and would require an influence battle, meaning their abilities would still be superior and have an advantage. Additionally, accidentally making a mob aggressive is something we all suffer from and it would be great if we all have a mechanic in place to try and overcome it.
  • On the grounds that A) it doesn't work on anything loyal to anything (unless it's loyal to the org that you're in), and that B) it only pacifies them towards that person, and C) it doesn't work on aggro mobs, then yes, I might see the use of it. It'd require a change in the influencing backend though, since you can't influence anything that's hitting something right now (at least I think that's how it works now).
  • edited July 2015
    How about an ability (likely high in Discipline or somewhere) which allows you to "de-level" yourself temporarily. Basically, you'd be able to set your level to lower than you actually are (with changes in HME to match). Any experience you get would still go towards your actual level though. Useful for getting a lowbies perspective on things, and perhaps for grouping with them (I can't remember how experience is shared, TBH).

EDIT: And to stop that discussion before it happens, no, this would not allow you to enter Newton again.
  • Ssaliss said:
    On the grounds that A) it doesn't work on anything loyal to anything (unless it's loyal to the org that you're in), and that B) it only pacifies them towards that person, and C) it doesn't work on aggro mobs, then yes, I might see the use of it. It'd require a change in the influencing backend though, since you can't influence anything that's hitting something right now (at least I think that's how it works now).

It's true you cant influence something being aggressive, -except- with amnesty. This is why I said it would have the same context as it, since amnesty is made to break aggression (in a way). I can see city mobs being an exception, but dont forget that once you influence something, it cant be influenced again for a time, even with amnesty, so it wouldnt be able to be abused really.
  • Eh, most things can be abused. And I'm sorry for saying it, but since it's an idea from you, I'm assuming you already have something in mind for it. Let's face it, you don't have the best reputation there is, really.
  • Ssaliss said:
    Eh, most things can be abused. And I'm sorry for saying it, but since it's an idea from you, I'm assuming you already have something in mind for it. Let's face it, you don't have the best reputation there is, really.

Honestly it came to me when I was attempting a quest and accidently hit an NPC part of it, then I had to endure that NPC constantly attacking me while I attempted to do the quest.
  • Oh, an idea that came up just now during a short discussion: A rogue-bix. Basically an org-bix for rogues; can't be obtained by anyone in an org, and if you join an org you lose it (just like you lose your orgbix if you leave the org). Either a single exit to the aetherplex or portals, or that plus a couple of extra ones (such as the Triple Junction Inn and the three-way crossroad between Gaudi, Celest and Glom). Basically just a small bone to rogues that miss their orgbixes. Shouldn't be too much of an issue, since bubblixes already do this (and more).
  • Can we please be able to wear our clothes under our robes or is there some crazy reason being naked is obligatory? It's kind of irritating that a mechanical restriction is in place for a defense that overrides RP stuff, in this case enchanted robes being a sort of required defense-deal making me unable to dress my character how I want to.
  • Variations on enchanted armour are available in the form of enchanted suits/gowns for the body and hats for the head.

If you're looking to use other items besides robes to protect yourself, these alternatives exist. Were there other things you were looking to use?
  • I don't know, I just kind of like wearing normal clothing and being able to just slip on the robes over clothing would be useful so we can have sort of flexibility - the robes are nice, but its limiting if wearing them is a necessity but we can't wear anything else. I mean unless we want just regular clothing to be able to be enchanted?

Just for some context:
    You find it difficult to take off dark robes of leather and silk while wearing a long black leather
    coat lined with crimson silk.
    4020h, 4020m, 6190e, 10p exp-remove coat
    You remove a long black leather coat lined with crimson silk.
    4020h, 4020m, 6190e, 10p exp-
    You aren't wearing a rose clasped crimson cloak.
    4020h, 4020m, 6190e, 10p exp-wear skirt
    You find it difficult to put on a delicate skirt of layered ebon tulle while wearing dark robes of
    leather and silk.
    4020h, 4020m, 6190e, 10p exp-remove robes
    You remove dark robes of leather and silk.
    4020h, 4020m, 6190e, 10p exp-wear skirt
    You slip into a delicate skirt of layered ebon tulle.
    4020h, 4020m, 6190e, 10p exp-wear shirt
    You slip into an alluring black halter shirt.

This is just kind of a lot to deal with when one just wants to wear some clothes or remove some clothes. Layers are understandable but needing to go through everything and find everything feels unpractical? Sorry.
  • You can wear stuff under your robes, but they need to be on a different layer from the robes itself. That means you can wear underwear layered clothing, like corsets, vests or petticoats. You can also wear clothing that is on a layer above the robes, like coats, cloaks etc.

You can't wear shirts/blouses at the same time as robes because they are on the same layer as robes.

You can refer to this thread for all the layers of clothing.

• edited July 2015
    Just a quality of life suggestion, but could we have Partial curios formed listed on the top directly under completed? Currently when you complete a curio, it becomes listed at the top of your list, however partial completed are still thrown around randomly at the bottom along with any other curio you later collect (in which are placed in order with their ID number from smallest to biggest, thus naturally they are constantly jumbled around with other curio you get). By placing partial on the top with completed, would make it easier to organize.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Can completed curios of a given collection also just be listed together?
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Demi+ locket into ultimate presents, please.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Can we please get fans and canes patterns for jewelry, please?!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback