Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• Learn to vomit up flowers, then get back to us.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    edited June 2015
    When you're broke from fines, and bored of hunting the same old stuff, and then someone lets out the kelpie warriors, and you're like 'woo!' And then people think you're odd for cheering that an anti-Mag quest was done.

Edit: Also, raves @Camberre for  having the last curio bit I needed.

• Ventidius said:
    Just want to say I love you Magnagora, and specifically these people: @Tanin, @Nikkakorra, @Rawth, @Elizia, @Esca, @Marcella, and everyone who is willing to learn and listen to me go on about the Earth Lords. You make me feel so happy and satisfied. Plus @Kayde, who was the best grandma ever before she got shrubbed :( and @Baelfyre, my favourite psychotic nephew.

There's no sweeter feeling than being accepted.
    I see how it is. Hmph!
  • Vetala said:
    Ventidius said:
    Just want to say I love you Magnagora, and specifically these people: @Tanin, @Nikkakorra, @Rawth, @Elizia, @Esca, @Marcella, and everyone who is willing to learn and listen to me go on about the Earth Lords. You make me feel so happy and satisfied. Plus @Kayde, who was the best grandma ever before she got shrubbed :( and @Baelfyre, my favourite psychotic nephew.

There's no sweeter feeling than being accepted.
    I see how it is. Hmph!
    Oh! Yeah, sorry, you're right. I knew I was forgetting someone.

Much thanks to Munsia @Vetala.
  • Raves to @salome for getting /working on Dark Savant.
    I didn't have the patient to do Gromaghs quest in a day, I just did over 3(IRL) days.
    Also thanks for letting  down the Veil so I could hunt the Horde.
    ant-iRaves for @Romaan stealing my hordies.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I'm going to go back to doing Rocky Horror after being placed on (voluntary) suspension for a while. 
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • FOR JUST ONE CREDIT ERITHEYL MADE ME A PRETTY THINGY IN LIKE 15 MINUTES.

RECOMMEND HIM FOR YOUR STUFF TOO.
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Silea said:

RECOMMEND HIM FOR YOUR STUFF TOO.
    http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130108064741/random-ness/images/6/64/Jake_blush_icon.png

...wait a second, YOU DIDN'T PAY ME.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • edited June 2015
    I did, liar.
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited June 2015
    Feeeeeels. :o3

But actually I almost cried twice last night.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Rave for @Unzareh for helping me get my fire wyverns.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Mini psychodrama tournament in Hallifax led the Windwhispers to come out on top. Stupid Portius took my spot, though. *grumble*
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • @Farlaris for being able to see past personal hurt. @Silea for great patience in allowing  letting things get worked out, to a point. And to @Mysrai who did everything correct and right and still had the grace to give me the time to try to address things when the IC/OOC boundaries broke down.
  • Argh argh argh, Rant for how grindy stuff is getting.

Once I hit circle 50 things suddenly got really slow, even hunting Krokani, and the tiny amount of lessons I'm getting per level past that is making it feel not worth it >:(

• Sedanas said:
    Argh argh argh, Rant for how grindy stuff is getting.

Once I hit circle 50 things suddenly got really slow, even hunting Krokani, and the tiny amount of lessons I'm getting per level past that is making it feel not worth it >:(

It could be said that the lessons aren't worth it, except they do add up and you need quite a few. The credits, however, do make a good difference. Saving up for guild and city credits helps a fair bit.

50 shouldn't be too grindy...we call that 80th (don't get too scared eventually crits start kicking in and help tones). If you're finding 50th that grindy you may not be in the best place, ask around for suggestions. Places like the seas come to mind.
  • edited June 2015
    Sedanas said:
    Argh argh argh, Rant for how grindy stuff is getting.

You can try questing. Quests are pretty rewarding in my opinion, for the most part (I'm a little obsessed with the questing thing. Darn you influencing!!!) Quests tend to reward with lots of gold, experience, and karma. Some quests will add a line to your honours, and some will do neat things (like make a mount available for sale.) There's a lot of discovery to go with quests, a lot of trying things out...so it isn't really grindy. If you feel the hunting blues and life is tedious, give quests a try!

The village quests are all pretty easy, except maybe Paavik. Paavik is probably easy, but I can't get it to work for me. But the rest are really easy.

Quest, quest, quest, quest, quest!
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Or, alternatively, play during my west coast times and tag along for great justice. I mean, experience.
  • Tarkenton said:
    Or, alternatively, play during my west coast times and tag along for great justice. I mean, experience.

I AM west coast, I just work all day and usually take a nap and a long shower afterwards (Construction is a pain in the ass) But I'm sure Sedanas will bug you when he can! ;^)

As for the other replies, I appreciate it. I actually.. Have no idea how to start quests. I try greeting around when I can, but most just do emotes or say character driven quotes and whatnot. It's confusing to navigate, especially when they say something that sounds like a trigger word to start a quest, but only opens more dialogue about said thing. Argh argh argh

• Sedanas said:
    Tarkenton said:

I AM west coast, I just work all day and usually take a nap and a long shower afterwards (Construction is a pain in the ass) But I'm sure Sedanas will bug you when he can! ;^)

As for the other replies, I appreciate it. I actually.. Have no idea how to start quests. I try greeting around when I can, but most just do emotes or say character driven quotes and whatnot. It's confusing to navigate, especially when they say something that sounds like a trigger word to start a quest, but only opens more dialogue about said thing. Argh argh argh
    This section for general information: http://wiki.lusternia.com/Questing

This for some specific quest information: http://wiki.lusternia.com/Honour_Quests
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    After meeting with Lisaera for some tea:

A blazing silver beam speeds across the firmament, wreathed in ethereal mist.
    A blazing silver beam speeds toward you and hits you in the chest. Suddenly, your insides churn with pain as pale light shines forth from all your orifices. Silver vines burst out of your body, growing rapidly as their fine tendrils wrap around your arms and legs, viciously tearing you apart. As you drop to the ground in agony, you see the piercing blue eyes of Lisaera gazing at you in disapproval, before an ethereal mist enwraps you and leaves you again whole.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Double Rave, check Topguilds:

Guild               Novice Score  Member Score   Vote Rating
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Nihilists            1               52               0
    Ur'Guard             1               51               1
    Ninjakari            0               37               0
    Illuminati           0               37               0
    Cacophony            0               32               0
    Geomancers           0               26               0
    Aeromancers          3               26               1
    (everyone else)

It must be that toxic atmosphere that drives everyone away.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • @Shaddus for stuff. You have come through for me on so many occasions. Just wanted to say, you know, thanks. :) 
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I...what?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • @Shaddus for stuff. You have come through for me on so many occasions. Just wanted to say, you know, thanks. :) 
    I'm not even a Mag and he's helped me out a ton. 

Shaddus said:
    I...what?
    The modesty is real ;^)

• Oh @Daraius, you make me want to scratch your adorable ears.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
This discussion has been closed.