Simple questions?

Comments

• Shedrin said:
    Roark said:
    Regen runes are for worn jewelry. Damage resistance runes for worn clothing. Damage enhancement runes are for wielded weapons, including staves, swords, etc. They can also go on worn clothing since some players switch around weapons.
    http://forums.lusternia.com/discussion/comment/86959/#Comment_86959
    Thanks!!
  • How does Dreamweaver dominate (Induce) work now with the tiredness mechanic removed? Is it a straight Dominate now?
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It's probably just set to the base time, working as it did before on a fully rested enemy. 
  • Technically, putting it on armour is not quite wise, since not all classes use the same armour. However, if you're not intending to classflex or change guilds, then it doesn't matter.

• Good point Lerad.

Upon reflection, is there any class I would flex to using a cutting damage bonus rune that doesn't use plate armor?

Also, is 90/90 defense (cutting/blunt) the maximum defensive value for full plate armor?  And can you have someone repair your plate armor as it wears down?
  • Cadica said:
    Upon reflection, is there any class I would flex to using a cutting damage bonus rune that doesn't use plate armor?
    Shofangi. Hartstone a little bit.
  • Hmmm.  That's worth thinking about.

Hm.  Are bleeding runes worth it?
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I think they are, but I use a very blessed heavy offense as a nekotai (who also benefit from cutting damage, as do ninjakari,even if they aren't your current org now). I also benefit from having my bleeding be as powerful as possible.

From a practical point of view... Likely not before getting many, many other things.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Uh, Ninjakari don't do cutting. It's pure blunt....that makes you bleed. No, really.

Ah, my bad. I assumed barbs converted you guys to cutting. Wtb cutting damage only for neko.

And man, that makes a move to mag some day under tempting.
  • Tarkenton said:
    Ah, my bad. I assumed barbs converted you guys to cutting. Wtb cutting damage only for neko. And man, that makes a move to mag some day under tempting.
    Under tempting or Uber tempting?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

Heh, uber.  Silly phone.
    I assumed it was some sort of slang I hadn't encountered before.

I figure when I have my annual or bi-annual bad decision time (TM) is when I'll go and do it.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Nobody leaves Glomdoring, @Tarkenton. Nobody.

On another note, when exactly is "peak time" these days? Granted, my schedule over the past couple of years has drastically changed, but even still, I can't seem to find it =(

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• I noticed that 0:00 GMT usually has the most people online (for the whole game), with lots of glommies logging in around that time and slightly later - Glom peaks out around 1:00 to 3:00 GMT, and starts dwindling from there on, until it's only me or Siam around from around 10:00 - 11:00 GMT onwards.

Anyone know if the water Elemental Tattoo helps with waves in Inner Sea / Sea of Despair? Or is it only on Water?

• Everything else that helps with waves helps with them everywhere, I believe. 
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Somewhere, there was a list of all historical family names for all the various orgs. Does anyone recall where that list was? Old forums, or some obscure announce post?
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Here is a (pretty old) list from the old forums of some historical family names from every org: https://www.lusternia.com/node/27484?page=1. I'm not sure if this is what you were looking for, but it's a start.
    Avatar created by the amazing Feyrll.
  • I want Veloske :(

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You say, "These young girls and their sense of fashion."

You peer at vespertine thigh-high boots with six-inch heels unscrupulously.

Defensively raising his hands, Rawth backs away from the situation slowly.

You say, "My undead heart flutters at the prospect."

Seren actually has a lot more now, from the burial grounds and Tar Pits - including Rainsong (a Seren trill family!)

• Solange said:
    I want Veloske :(
    You want to be a fishy merian?  [-(
  • Hey, Marani Veloske is pretty much the prettiest shard in the basin. Also, I have decided that when Drocilla throws a fit, she is actually being Drozilla.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Tridemon said:
    Hey, Marani Veloske is pretty much the prettiest shard in the basin. Also, I have decided that when Drocilla throws a fit, she is actually being Drozilla.
    The only reason I'll accept that is because Solange and I are viscanti and are, therefore, mutagens of shards and not direct shards and thus not eligible for this title. (Solange gets prettiest mutagen in the Basin!)
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Tridemon said:
    Hey, Marani Veloske is pretty much the prettiest shard in the basin. Also, I have decided that when Drocilla throws a fit, she is actually being Drozilla.
    That was actually my nickname at the DC meet lasertag game. :D
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Tremula said:
    Tridemon said:
    The only reason I'll accept that is because Solange and I are viscanti and are, therefore, mutagens of shards and not direct shards and thus not eligible for this title. (Solange gets prettiest mutagen in the Basin!)
    AHEM. AHEM.

• Is there any way to close an issue yourself(if you're the one who submitted it)?
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    No, but you can ISSUEAPPEND (if you issued yourself or the other party hasn't replied) in order to say "Please ignore this!".

There used to be a DELISSUE command, but it got removed.
  • Xenthos said:
    No, but you can ISSUEAPPEND (if you issued yourself or the other party hasn't replied) in order to say "Please ignore this!".

There used to be a DELISSUE command, but it got removed.
    Hrm. I feel like a great 'simple idea' would be to bring that back. Why'd it get removed?
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."