Simple questions?

Comments

• Talan said:
    Do angels give manabarbs now? What?

Edit: Yes, they do. Also egovice. So bards have to disable their own offense for 3p, just to be able to cure afflictions that previously only they were able to give. I change my simple question to "why?"
    maybe cuz if you are gonna have fucking angels in a game, they should be badass?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    edited July 2015
    Demons give manabarbs now too. But I wouldn't really use it over shackles (shackles/stun if I had an angel)

Edit: and yes, pacts are a joke anyways.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Apropos of absolutely nothing, and certainly not an indication of me plotting anything, if I were to want to make a recipe that called for meat to be marinated in, let's say honey bourbon, what comms would I need to include?
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Probably at least a honeycomb for the honey, and possibly grain for the bourbon?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• When you used bookcopy, how do you differentiate the original from the copies, or can the original author edit any copy, and all will be changed?
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • The abhelp would have you believe only the original can be edited but (least in the past) that wasn`t true. If the book was bound for a group (org, clan, guild, etc), everyone entitled to write in it could then edit their copy to update all others. Sword of Truth`s journey book style. Someone will need to check if that`s still a thing.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    <person> cocks his head and grins. With a confident expression, he exclaims "Meep meep ZOOM!"

What is this, and how can it be stopped? Is just a dreamweaver having fun, forcing someone to do this? Is it a Divine thing? Nothing shows up on the person's DIAG, and invoking indigo shows nothing.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I think that's one of the waystation curios. A wakabi? Anyway, I'm 95% sure it's a curio ambient.
    Thanks! This person has been having this happen for weeks and couldn't figure it where it was coming from.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• changelog next
    >---------------------------[ Changelog Entry #498 ]--------------------------<
       Entered by: The Oneiroi, Administrators of Fate Date: 2015-07-23 16:01:39

o HELP BUGS and HELP HOWTOREPORT have been updated in light of Changelog

o The Barktouch attack will now correctly function for Wyrdenwoods.

o People of all genders may now celebrate their sizzlin' hot buns.

o AB GEOMANCY FOSSILISE now functions as it should do.

o A number of other ABHELP files have had typos fixed or buff levels
       added.
    >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------<

Could someone clarify the thing about the buns?

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Arix said:
    changelog next
    >---------------------------[ Changelog Entry #498 ]--------------------------<
       Entered by: The Oneiroi, Administrators of Fate Date: 2015-07-23 16:01:39

o HELP BUGS and HELP HOWTOREPORT have been updated in light of Changelog

o The Barktouch attack will now correctly function for Wyrdenwoods.

o People of all genders may now celebrate their sizzlin' hot buns.

o AB GEOMANCY FOSSILISE now functions as it should do.

o A number of other ABHELP files have had typos fixed or buff levels
       added.
    >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------<

Could someone clarify the thing about the buns?

I believe it's saying that you can use the emote SIZZLIN even if you aren't a female character, now.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Does a concept similar to a Valkyrie appear anywhere in Lusternia's lore? Either in the psychopompous sense or in the 'badass warrior woman who can gut you faster than and sooner than look at you, who are a weak-kneed milk-drinker.'.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I can't think of any canonical ones, but if you want to use them in a play or something there's a very natural thematic link between them and Urlach in both capacities.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Luce said:
    Does a concept similar to a Valkyrie appear anywhere in Lusternia's lore? Either in the psychopompous sense or in the 'badass warrior woman who can gut you faster than and sooner than look at you, who are a weak-kneed milk-drinker.'.
    Some of the angels of celest are winged warrior women who can kick arse.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Avatars of Avechna would be the closest fit, I think, but they're more of an OOC mechanic than an IC entity. They do exist in game, so it's probably okay to take them as existing ICly.

• edited July 2015
    What is this?

A furious psychic backlash wells in the air, battering you briefly before fading into a lurking, 
    malevolent presence, thinly veiled and barely suppressed.

Edit: Looks like it was part of someone banishing the Goloths
  • A bit late, but Lusternia doesn't really have any sort of psychopomp besides the Fates. Angels sometimes show up for sufficiently rad celestines, but that's the sum and total.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    What causes the extra spawns that happen when bashing in some areas, like the Kephera Warders in the hives? Random chance per attack/kill, incrementing counter, something else? More relevantly, is there some way to either boost or lower their spawn rate?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • You mean guards? It's a per-hit chance, with modifiers for warriors and monks. Single attacks have a chance to spawn 1-3 guards, monk combos (and, I think, doubleslash) have a chance to spawn one on each attack. It seems to be random to me, without any weighting on it, but I haven't seen the code behind it so who knows.
    Does being deaf block new message notifications? Someone sent me four messages while I was deaf, standing around waiting for someone, and I don't recall seeing a single notification that I received a message.

• Do shields reduce damage from denizens, or only other players?
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • If the denizen deals physical damage, the armour rating from shields will reduce it, iirc.

Whether that will continue to be the case after the overhaul is unconfirmed.

Do Great Runes of Influence stack?

Before an earthly flight

• No, you can't have two runes of empowerment provide double the bonus, but a rune of empowerment and a rune of weakening will give the same bonus to empowering and weakening.

My question was more geared towards the former response. Thanks!

Before an earthly flight

• Is there any way to stop someone from writhing/contorting?
  • Once they have started a writhe or contort, it cannot be interrupted. Things like stun, uncon and asleep that prevent any command at all from going through will stop someone from being able to writhe/contort, but otherwise, nothing else stops them from entering the command, either.

• Thanks @Lerad!
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Two questions, if you please.

1. Can the snowman marionette be customized in any way? Or traded in? I just really hate Frozen, y'all.

2. If I decide to go influencing, should I try to capitalize on my loboshigaru Empowering boost, or just use the influence type appropriate for a denizen's personality type?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Denizen personality type actually makes quite the noticeable difference, as anyone who influences guards will attest to. However, it is a hassle to ensure that you have access to all of the perfumes and beast bonuses and artifact runes and whatever other influence bonuses are out there, so most people only focus on one influence type to stock up their bonuses on. It boils down to whether you find it worth the trouble to maintain influence bonuses for multiple influence types so you have a more versatile influencing kit (and can take advantage of different personality types) or not.

I do believe personality bonuses/resistances outweigh the effects of most influence bonuses, though.