Simple questions?

Comments

• No. I never get my masochism triggered when getting farscouted, and I always have aethersight/mindbar on, so I know when I get farscouted. The masochism thing happens to me in a manse too, no farscout needed.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    If you're sure there is no way anything loyal to you is being prodded, or that there are no dreambodies spying on you, etc, it might be related to the way the game removes your vote weight tick in manses? 
  • Enyalida said:
    If you're sure there is no way anything loyal to you is being prodded, or that there are no dreambodies spying on you, etc, it might be related to the way the game removes your vote weight tick in manses? 
    Eh, then it would've long before it did. Unless they changed something about it, I guess, but it still makes little sense.
  • Is there ANY way I can regain willpower faster than just meditating?  I go bashing for about an hour and lose it completely and it takes about three hours to meditate it back.

It's going to go away soon.

To answer the question: Use Kirigami, which will refresh a big chunk of your wp and endurance when they wear off (after an hour), as well as buff your bashing. Find a hunter to light you a campfire. Sit in a rocking chair and rock it. Stand in a willpower regeneration room (ask around your org for where one is). Or, do all of the above!
  • Enyalida said:
    It's going to go away soon.

It will?

• Soon(tm). There's no set timeframe for it, but it's scheduled to happen in the overhaul. Personally I'm guessing a couple more months, but who other than the coders/admins know for sure?
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Comments on completed designs bug me. Is it more helpful to leave them there, though, when a rejected design is resubmitted? Is there a way to remove them after approval?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I tend to clear them when I resubmit. I've heard others doing the same, but I'm not sure if there's an official answer out there (and I've at least never received any angry notes from reviewers about it).
    Should I issueme, bug, or direct message the Charites if I borked my submission slots for this cycle? Basically I couldn't remember if this was supposed to be public or private, but after this comedy of errors I probably deserve to wait a week before resubmitting.

You submit your design for review on behalf of the cartel.
    -design 23238 recall
    You recall the design for your cartel.
    -design 23238 submit
    You submit your design for review on behalf of the cartel.
    -design 23238 recall
    You recall the design for your cartel.
    -design 23238 makecartel
    You make the design cartel specific.
    -design 23238 submit
    This cartel cannot submit another cartel-specific design.
    -design 23238 makepublic
    You make the design public.
    -design 23238 submit
    That cartel has already submitted the maximum number of optional designs for this period.
    I used to make cakes.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited August 2015
    You should definitely be able to remove comments when the design is completed. I've both added and removed comments after a design has been approved, so it should be possible. Just treat it like you normally would when putting the design together.

ETA: Also the Charites are in my experience really good about fixing small things in a design post-approval. Whether it's typos or whatever.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • You can remove comments to public designs if you're set as the designer, and you can remove comments to cartel designs if you're the trademaster (less sure about designer of cartel designs). Comments can definitely be removed post approval
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I swear there used to be/is a command to see what your total weighted buffs add up to, but I can't for the life of me locate it...
  • BODYSCAN
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    If you find a typo in an AB file, do you report it with TYPO or ABBUG?  :-/
    Always use the most specific bugging method applicable.
  • Phoebus said:
    If you find a typo in an AB file, do you report it with TYPO or ABBUG?  :-/
    Either will get to the right place, but ABBUG would be ideal for us :)
  • Can you submit something to bardics and then submit it as a library work? (Or submit to library and then bardics) or can you only do one or the other?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Nymerya said:
    Can you submit something to bardics and then submit it as a library work? (Or submit to library and then bardics) or can you only do one or the other?
    You can absolutely do both.

• Hooray! Thanks. I thought so but wasn't entirely sure!
  • What do kabobs do now that we don't have dexterity?

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• 5% faster balance, roughly.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Lavinya said:
    Nymerya said:
    Can you submit something to bardics and then submit it as a library work? (Or submit to library and then bardics) or can you only do one or the other?
    You can absolutely do both.

Additionally, you can submit a thing to the library on character X and submit it to bardics on character Y, if you want. Bardics are completely OOC, as per here.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    Really bummed my steamy tae'dae romance didn't even place.  :-w
    I used to make cakes.

• I will note that while what ZZ said was likely true, HELP BARDIC does say "This character is assumed to have created the work in-role."  Also, the character who won/placed in the bardics will likely get a couple messages or tells of congratulations, and I've gotten guildfavours before, so I don't know that it's -completely- OOC. But it's certainly far more OOC than submitting to the library is.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited August 2015
    RE: Lowmagic Serpent

- Is it a passive defense? i.e. once you raise it, will it always come back up a short while after moving or attacking? 
    - Does it fade when you get attacked (and is this temporary or permanent, causing you to have to re-raise it)?
    - What's included on the outside of "almost nothing can harm you"?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• It lasts for 60 seconds. During that, every 6 (?) seconds (longer if you made an aggressive action? I can't remember) if it's down it comes back up again. 

It does not fade on being attacked.

As far as I know it blocks everything (and only everything) that a normal shield (invoke circle) blocks. It just can't be broken. Psionics is the most obvious bypass, but there are others.
  • A couple demipower questions...

For PeacefulCompanion, does it use beast balance? Is it a seperate attack, or passive additional attack?

For Respect, what is the % bonus to experience/gold/power?
    edited August 2015
    Rancoura said:
    RE: Lowmagic Serpent

- Is it a passive defense? i.e. once you raise it, will it always come back up a short while after moving or attacking? 
    - Does it fade when you get attacked (and is this temporary or permanent, causing you to have to re-raise it)?
    - What's included on the outside of "almost nothing can harm you"?

There are two separate things here: The serpent 'prismatic' defense, and the prismatic barrier itself. The serpent defense doesn't show on def.

You keep the serpent defense for 60 seconds. Every 10 seconds, it spawns a prismatic barrier on you if you do not have one. Moving or making an aggressive action dissolves your barrier, but not your serpent defense. So, you become vulnerable but do not lose the 10p you put into raising a barrier: you'll get another one! After the 60 seconds, your serpent defense fades, along with any barriers you might have up at the time.

Anything that can be dodged is blocked by a prismatic. That means that psionics, certain dreamweaving attacks, and most ORDER skills will go through the prismatic. Yes, that means that psionicists can knock down a prismatic barrier 100% of the time. Lowmagic spring also goes through, and though it cannot strip the barrier defense, it CAN strip the (secret) serpent defense. 
  • While perusing through the mount thread, I became insanely jealous of all the pretty mounts, but there are several that aren't listed on the wiki that I'm seeing repeated. Where do you get gryphons and manticores and such to raise? I know (sort of) that wyverns have a quest and you then buy them. Is it the same for the others?