Artifact Ideas

Comments

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Addendum to the weapon of transforming: Have the option for separate customizations for each form. So someone could hypothetically customize it one way for an aero staff, a second for a beam generator and a third for a crystalweapon.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    That'd be cool. Especially if you broke that artifact out by org.
  • Qistrel said:
    Time and Relative Dimensional Instability Device - 2000 credits
    - PULL LEVER to teleport to the Peaks of the Pyroclasm.
    - This is an incredibly dangerous area, divided into twelve volcanoes.
    - Each volcano is home to a species of dragon.
    - Dragons are far closer to divine than other shards, and highly resistant to divinus damage
    - They also have a terrible weakness to excorable damage.
    - There are dragonstones in the middle of each volcano, that can be linked to to draw power.
    - Linking will draw angry, more powerful dragons who will try to kill you.
    - Due to the presence of the Soul of Dracnoris, you will slowly be driven insane in this area.
    - Sometimes wild dragonstones will appear.
    - There is a game known as 'Capture the Dragonstones'.
    - This game will happen at random times, when nobody is awake.

Lol. Love it
  • The Equalizer
    +10/10 to all vitals to everyone in the local area.
  • Ok, in the 2000 credits range. I know. No Isluna not going to happen. But I am still going to try it!

Bond Breaking 2000 credits

-Breaks the bonds of bloodbonding
    -Cannot marry anyone you were bloodbonded for the sibling feeling is just to strong to break fully
    -Cannot marry anyone that you considered your child the feelings are just to strong to break fully
    -Really only advisable for small inactive families
    -Allows the person to be adoptable
    -One time use only

Or alternatively:

-Breaks the bonds of bloodbonding by allowing the user to be adoptable
    -Must be one of the two "founding bloodbonders" of the family tree
    -Brings the children and sibling(s) into the adopting family.
    -One time use only

I am mainly thinking of inactive families for this, by the way.

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • edited July 2015
    Two more things I want:

Some sort of 'second skin' for tattoos. I want the buffs I can get from tattoos, but don't want to have such things inked into my skin.

Some sort of Hallifaxian-themed poteen pot. With it being ICly illegal to be drunk in hallifax and the poteen pot giving nice things, it would be nice if we had something that gave the same blessings as the poteen pot but didn't involve alcohol. On a mechanical level, it can still use sobriety and tolerance, but having something more sciencey, like some short of viewing lens that peers across timelines and links your person to a timeline where alt-you has X buff, would be awesome.

Edit:

Going with the theme of not liking mechanics enforced things - Something that can be used like a pipe that isn't a pipe (some sort of inhaler?).
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    No I don't want to see vaping in Lusternia. :(
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Daraius said:
    But it's what all the cool kids are doing!

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Daraius said:
    and I don't want to have to smoke a pipe to access 1/4 of the cures.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Just for reference, it's actually only illegal to be drunk inside the city limits. You can do your poteen pots inside the arena, or a manse.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Just for reference, it's actually only illegal to be drunk inside the city limits. You can do your poteen pots inside the arena, or a manse.
    I am aware. It is just that alcohol is rather non-hallifaxian in most cases.
  • Isluna said:
    Ok, in the 2000 credits range. I know. No Isluna not going to happen. But I am still going to try it!

-Cannot marry anyone you were bloodbonded for the sibling feeling is just to strong to break fully
    -Cannot marry anyone that you considered your child the feelings are just to strong to break fully
    -One time use only

Or alternatively:

-One time use only

What about instead allowing twinning? We have chameleon's already. Why not allow some people to discover they come from more than one family? Breaking bonds might break the system, but why not allow someone to join more than one family. Excuse could be you have two souls.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Yeah they can call it that or whatever gnomish nonsense words they like as long as it works. I just want one. :P
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."

• Steingrim said:
    Isluna said:
    Ok, in the 2000 credits range. I know. No Isluna not going to happen. But I am still going to try it!

-One time use only

Or alternatively:

-One time use only

What about instead allowing twinning? We have chameleon's already. Why not allow some people to discover they come from more than one family? Breaking bonds might break the system, but why not allow someone to join more than one family. Excuse could be you have two souls.
    I think one of the other IRE games already has something like this in place, it could work easily. I like Imperians family system far better. If they wanted to allow it, or special case it, requiring rp reasoning it could be what ever they want in the end. It would just cost someone 2000 credits.

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited July 2015
    o An artifact that lets you cone to your nexus. If you already have such an ability, it increases the amount of power per link tic.
    o An artifact that allows you to use timeslip
  • I still would love an artifact (~75cr each) that allows a single cartel to have more than one trade attached to it. This artifact could free up clan slots but it having the draw back is you wouldn't get any more design slots (you would still have the standard 3/3, unless you got more via the thing that increases the number).
    For those who say no one would buy clans or cartels the old way - depending how the artifact is price, it is most likely going to be cheaper to get the cartel the old way thus there will be some who go that route (or design a lot of things and want to have the 3 slots per trade).
  • edited July 2015
    An aetheric divination device.

While wielding the device, when you walk into a room, it will let you know if there's something buried there.

Something along the lines of,

The bells on an aetheric divination device suddenly clang as though being stirred by an unfelt wind, indicating that something is buried here.

V

A better version of what's listed below.
  • Not quite the same but the aethergoop dowsing rod tells you if there's anything to dig for a short balance cost.
  • edited July 2015
    So I just tested Brooch of the Tempest with Strong/Hurricane winds, and while it does allow you to FLY in it (which was impossible before), it however is near pointless since high winds will knock you out of the sky soon after. The faeling/trill perk for flying (in that if you have another ability to fly, then you only get stunned in skies and not knocked out) also does not seem to work in the case of using a beast for flight, and additionally you'll just find yourself near perpetually stunned.

The ability to fly in winds is wasted...could it be made to reduce or immunize being knocked out of skies? Or an upgrade that gives such a power.

Edit: Also apparently being thrown from the skies to the ground activates room effects like icediggers...when usually other effects like falling from paralysis or a phoenix tossing you down, doesnt seem to. So yeah...attempting to fly to avoid icediggers in strong winds is also worthless.
  • Arcanis said:
     also does not seem to work in the case of using a beast for flight

Intended, "Faelings/Trill who can fly by other personal means."
  • Dingbat item:

Gnomish Megaphone
    Must be wielded.
    Provides the owner with the equivalent of the Planar Broadcast ability.
  • Nodal Resistor:

Reduces the drain on astral nodes being linked/coned by the owner, so that the nodes last longer. Intention is for nodes losing power less quickly during hunts with the same frequency of astral spawn. Of course, the recipient will draw less power per link.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Book of Stamps - 1cr (An official Post Service stamp)

Offers a small book of five (5) stamps, viewable with PROBE STAMPBOOK. You can TAKE STAMP[#] FROM STAMPBOOK and ATTACH STAMP[#] TO LETTER to make the letter non-decay, perfect for all of those illicit love letters you've been collecting from all your admirers. Stampbooks last for as long as there are stamps within, and once the last is removed it will decay within one Lusternian day.

Another idea for re-skinned/non-plain stampbooks (can be filled with random stamps or with specific org designs): 

An azure stampbook limned in holy script - 5cr (A stamp from the New Celest Post)
    An emerald stampbook bound from moonhart leaves - 5cr (A stamp from the Serenwilde Post)
    A cerulean stampbook with crystalline insets - 5cr (A stamp from the Hallifax Post)
    A persimmon stampbook stained with whiskey - 5cr (A stamp from the Gaudiguch Post)
    A violet stampbook etched with the face of Night - 5cr (A stamp from the Glomdoring Post)
    A crimson stampbook depicting demonic imagery - 5cr (A stamp from the Magnagora Post)

Your stampbook has the current stamps within:

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • The glom one should be mauve not violet.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited August 2015
    Superior Alarm Blueprints: Allows you to attach bells to your traps free of balance. Still requires same commodities and whatnot.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    W
    Tylwyth said:
    The glom one should be mauve not violet.

Can you tell me the difference?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited August 2015
    It's quite simple really. Mauve is #E0B0FF, violet is #7F00FF and purple (for reference) is #800080. So Sayeth Wikipedia.

EDIT: Or, in other words:
    MauveVioletPurple

EDIT EDIT: To be frank, I prefer violet over mauve for Glom.
  • Skye said:
    To continue attempting to beef the artisan market:

Rune of the magic wardrobe: Attaching it to a wardrobe (or chest) allows ENTER [item] to enter a magical hiding place, which removes you from who and all its variants, like a cloaking gem. You can't leave that room, but you'll be hidden. If you own two such runes/runed pieces of furniture, you can link them. Entering a piece of furniture would then instead teleport you to the other.

Willing to spend 200-300cr for this