Artifact Ideas

Comments

• edited June 2015
    More or less would like to have the option somehow, if through an artifact or otherwise. Cameo, gilded mirror, race pendant and probably cubix are officially off the table for me, so that's what I'd consider for a huge purchase.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Qistrel said:
    That was what we used to get.

Then some dude with a white flame messed it up.
    You might say he's the Soll reason we can't have nice things.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Qistrel said:
    That was what we used to get.

Then some dude with a white flame messed it up.
    You might say he's the Soll reason we can't have nice things.
    I'd pay 2k for the Wand Of Shaddus' Alt Finding. Finds alts and zapps them as per god zap.
    You can't zap yourself.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    You can't zap yourself.
    Shush. you'll get us both banned! Next people will be saying Zvoltz is a Shaddus alt and isn't really gone, but is off alting.
    edited June 2015
    I'm legally obligated by the contract I signed to disagree with you.
  • Ssaliss said:
    Not really. All it does is stops you from having to swap powerstones around, and it also allows you to squeeze those last percentages from old powerstones.
    Uh, that's what powerplex stones are for(so you don't have to worry about that).
    Anyways, just give em to a dreamweaver if you only have a few points left(we can use em to make several motes).
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Shaddus said:
    I'm legally obligated by the contact I signed to disagree with you.
    Your contacts must not be very fond of you, signing them and all. What happened to discretion?

Quill of the Extraordinarily Rude - 25cr
    Allows you to SIGN <target> to add a short lived, colorful signature to someone's face. Aggressive action of course!
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Powerplex is only equal to a single powerstone per day if what I've been told is correct. Ie use 100% charge, and it's done until it resets.
  • Also, the powerplex jewel increases your max reserves by 5% (stackable to 25%, i.e. 5 powerplex jewels).
  • Arcanis said:
    Iceangel wings: When worn, will be able to fly even through the harshest of weather. Requires the ability to fly beforehand.

Isn't that the Brooch of the Tempest?
    Ssaliss said:
    Arcanis said:
    Iceangel wings: When worn, will be able to fly even through the harshest of weather. Requires the ability to fly beforehand.

There are outdoors areas you still can't fly in due to the weather.
  • Could you be a bit more specific? If an artifact that allows flight into extreme winds can't fly into the skies because of extreme winds, odds are that area is meant to be impossible to fly in, artifacts be damned.
  • Ssaliss said:
    Could you be a bit more specific? If an artifact that allows flight into extreme winds can't fly into the skies because of extreme winds, odds are that area is meant to be impossible to fly in, artifacts be damned.
    It is perhaps the only way to make someone have to walk though an open area.
  • Ssaliss said:
    Also, the powerplex jewel increases your max reserves by 5% (stackable to 25%, i.e. 5 powerplex jewels).
    Also they recharge your reserves by 5% each month(for each gem).

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Ssaliss said:
    Arcanis said:

Veeery big difference. See:

Brooch of the Tempest: 150 credits
       - You will never be blown laterally while flying, or blown out of the trees.

Brooch of the Tempest stops you from being blown around in the sky or out of trees (Poor forestrals..), what I am asking for is the ability to fly when there are strong winds (per the weather system) in FORECAST. I wish I had the line currently (i'll have to wait for weather to get nasty) but it is basically:

The winds are too strong for you to fly.

This artifact could be an upgrade from the Brooch if you like. Perhaps the Brooch of the Iceangel. Reason why I keep bringing up Iceangel is because there is almost always fierce weather in Icewynd and Iceangels are able to fly in the worst of weather. Could be Brooch of the Ice Phoenix too I suppose.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    The brooch already allows you to fly in strong winds, but with a longer balance time

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Yep, they added that to the brooch a while back.  I believe as part of an envoy request?  I don't remember exactly how I suggested it, so it may have been a forum-request too.

It just didn't get added to the help file.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    As to ideas I would like to see (as you asked for high-price artifacts):
    Universal 3/13 Damage Resistance artifact, 1500 credits.

This is what I feel that this artifact is worth; if you put it up like this, I would buy it in a heartbeat.  If you put it up at 2,000, I'd hem and haw over it for a while.  I might end up buying it, but that's at the extreme upper end of the range I feel that it is worth.

(PS: This should also indicate that the a la carte price of 2700 credits for this is excessively Over The Top.  I understand that the a la carte also "allows for making multiple pieces of clothing non-decay," but who really needs 15+ non-decay pieces of clothing?  Does it really make sense to charge people for a benefit on each purchase that they don't even need after the first few?)
  • Announce 2189, report 1056, FYI.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    • Smokescreen item - can be dropped in the room or thrown adjacent, causes 3s blackout for everyone in room. 1/day?
    • New artifact which functions like the current merchant ledger, but displays wares for the aetherspace gnome trader ships
    • Artifact which grants omniscience (can speak/hear across all planes/aetherspace)
    • Free-eq diagnose on enemies
    • Artifact which decreases tea-recovery balance
    • Artifact which decreases beast balance
    • Add upgrades to the current influence bonus runes on a level system, similar to crit runes (since no longer affected by stats)
    • Artifact which increases family honour gains
    • Release the +rooting artifacts, illusion wand, level 4 critical hit, or other popular auction artifacts (which I think could go for 1000+ credits)
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I'm not a fan of faster beast balance or tea balance times

But totally support artifact with omniscience!

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Ok. Compilation:

o Release original beastmaster pendant for credits

o Beastmaster pendant equivalent for ego

o Great rune of planar sensing - Gives you aethersight if you don't have it. Otherwise makes it cost no power to raise. Anyone who scries you automatically has their location revealed to you, so long as they are within scrying distance and not veiled.

o Astralprojection arti- You can leave your body behind. Your body falls to the ground and is vulnerable as you become incorporeal, able to walk around like this. You can be hit by kether and seen by chockmah and similar skills as well. No other actions besides moving are available to you except SNAPBACK which brings you back to your body. Is instant, but costs significant EQ upon repossessing your body. After X amount of time, you'll automatically snapback. There is a cooldown after each use before you can astralproject again.

o Orb of shifting water - Once a game month you can shower an entire area with water. Great for putting out those nasty lightning fires that have spread a lot.

o Spiked Collar - Increases base minor breath damage on your beast.

o Limitless glands - Allows beast minorbreath to no longer cost beast mana

Flute of the Lost Spirits - Play this flute and for one hour a day, ghosts (the halloween candy kind) have a chance of emerging from the corpses of denizens you slay.

o Anti-Gravedigger boots

o Super-heavy Anti-oleanvir-rocs backpack

o Item similar to champ-item, that allows rescue, but extends beyond people just in your guild

• Rivius said:
    Ok. Compilation:

o Release original beastmaster pendant for credits

o Beastmaster pendant equivalent for ego

o Great rune of planar sensing - Gives you aethersight if you don't have it. Otherwise makes it cost no power to raise. Anyone who scries you automatically has their location revealed to you, so long as they are within scrying distance and not veiled.

o Astralprojection arti- You can leave your body behind. Your body falls to the ground and is vulnerable as you become incorporeal, able to walk around like this. You can be hit by kether and seen by chockmah and similar skills as well. No other actions besides moving are available to you except SNAPBACK which brings you back to your body. Is instant, but costs significant EQ upon repossessing your body. After X amount of time, you'll automatically snapback. There is a cooldown after each use before you can astralproject again.

o Orb of shifting water - Once a game month you can shower an entire area with water. Great for putting out those nasty lightning fires that have spread a lot.

o Spiked Collar - Increases base minor breath damage on your beast.

o Limitless glands - Allows beast minorbreath to no longer cost beast mana

Flute of the Lost Spirits - Play this flute and for one hour a day, ghosts (the halloween candy kind) have a chance of emerging from the corpses of denizens you slay.

o Anti-Gravedigger boots

o Super-heavy Anti-oleanvir-rocs backpack

o Item similar to champ-item, that allows rescue, but extends beyond people just in your guild

oleanvir backpack would have pk uses I am not sure you considrered.

o Spiked Collar, not a fan of increasing DPS.

o Orb of shifting water, sounds more like an area rain. Maybe a more foresty title? There are ways to put out fires in rooms, this is kinda a nerf to pyros.

• Nothing wrong with increasing dps, nor with nerfing forest fires with a high credit arti.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Orb of water wouldn't be  a nerf to pyros, they don't light rooms on fire.
  • Lerad said:
    Nothing wrong with increasing dps, nor with nerfing forest fires with a high credit arti.
    Rains don't just effect forestfires. Can I have an artifact that removes all briarwalls and cancels one of the once a month only effects of your org construct?

Fires aren't normally in that large of an area. I can't remember the last time I saw a fire in more than 15 rooms.

• Try being in a commune and logging on to the whole area on fire.
  • There was a fire in Faethorn yesterday. Like, all of faethorn.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Ssaliss said:
    Try being in a commune and logging on to the whole area on fire.
    Did rain stop working? How many times in the last five years? Anyways, I've added my freedback. Thanks for the correction.