Artifact Ideas

Comments

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    'A leather-bound book with a [race] on the cover' - 33 dingbats.

Allows you to learn the language of that race - would be a good substitute for any racehats traded in with the no-stat racial overhaul.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm tired of Lusternia being so damned sexist. We have beard curios for men, why not manicure curios for women?

Ahem.

Maybe sets like "gold-flecked nails" or "Delportian tipped nails" or "nails inlaid with crows in flight", or "jagged, unkempt nails".
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Or manicure curios for whoever.
    Well, women can wear beards too. I'm being moderately facetious.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Shuyin said:

Also please make the tam reduce classflex cooldown to once per IC day as well!
    Once per RL day. Otherwise no thanks.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Either way, shorter than it is now will be great.

• I could jump on board with RL day.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited May 2015
    Steingrim said:

Shuyin said:
    Baelor told me to suggest this due to how awesome the racial overhaul thread is turning out:

Cameo Level 2:
    -Reduces racechange cooldown to once per IC day (down from once per IC month).
    -Natural upgrade to changeling cameo.

Do it, make $$$.

Edit:

Also please make the tam reduce classflex cooldown to once per IC day as well!
    I was going to suggest to Estarra that cameos stack. So if she doesn't go with your suggestion, please accept mine.

Also, once again, please fix classflex cooldown. None of the doom and gloom came to pass.

You know, hyperbole doesn't make them more open to suggestions. It's just irritating. Incidentally, the SD GM was a blacktalon for quite a while and it was definitely a period of "don't pay attention to that," and "do as I say, not as I do." There are tangible, living example of how increased fluidity between classes has degraded RP, whether the meta chasers want to acknowledge it or not. The only legitimate question is how much degradation do we find acceptable on issues like this. I, personally, don't play Achaea for this reason. Edit: also implying it's broken doesn't really invite an honest conversation. There are valid concerns some people have, and that have now played out in game (to no one's surprise). Nothing is broken, therefor there is nothing to "fix." It's functioning exactly as intended. Trying to force a conversation by implying it's broken rather than a cost-benefit analysis for an adjustment is no Bueno. Maybe they'd be more inclined to listen if there was an acknowledgement that there is an RP cost to these changes, rather than wanton dismissal of "doom and gloom." Maybe the cost doesn't affect you, but then again, the benefits aren't for everyone either.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Brilliant idea:

Make an omni rune for both the new damage enhancement and damage resistance. Have it be incremented by level as with all other runes. EX: Omni rune enhancement level 1 will add +1 to all damage types, level 2 will add +2, and so on.

The price can reflect all of the rune prices together (825 for level 1, as an example). If you want to be nice, you can round that down to 800 to encourage purchase.

This is mainly to help the lazy and the classflexers. And the super rich.
  • Shaddus said:
    I'm tired of Lusternia being so damned sexist. We have beard curios for men, why not manicure curios for women? Ahem. Maybe sets like "gold-flecked nails" or "Delportian tipped nails" or "nails inlaid with crows in flight", or "jagged, unkempt nails".
    Amazing thought. And the Glomdoring can have like "dirty carrion-stained nails" or for Serenwilde ect. "serene gold-leaf nails"
    Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
  • I'm sure an artifact for creating ecology pathways has been suggested before. I'd just like to suggest that it be a dingbat item called the aether machete.
    Skye said:

I'm sure an artifact for creating ecology pathways has been suggested before. I'd just like to suggest that it be a dingbat item called the aether machete.

Only if the Artifact Pith Helmet cuts the time needed.
  • Skye said:
    I'm sure an artifact for creating ecology pathways has been suggested before. I'd just like to suggest that it be a dingbat item called the aether machete.

Pretty sure dimensional needles already do this, akin to gateweaving.
    They do not. They cause them to be created faster, which is not what's being suggested.

The pith helmet should be a goop skin for the boots.
  • Ah, altogether new pathways, not faster pathways. Gotcha.

Yep, no luck there. Doubt it will happen, unless more of Ecology wants to get gouged out.
  • Gaudiguch Whiskey- one sip = two regular sips also one sip automatically raises tolerance levels. Price: ? 25 credits
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • Why would anyone buy that - unless it raises tolerance even when you've already raised tolerance that month?
  • It would save you money on booze in the long run Or maybe make it give you max tolerance
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    On the alcohol artifact note:

Hallifaxian Intoxication Modulator: Lets you MODULATE INTOXICATION to set your drunkenness level to whatever value you want. Once per day, make it consume a decently long balance and whatever else you need to do to stop it from being a hard counter to all the skills that depend on drunkenness for their effect. Just a convenience/rp artifact for those of us who would like to be able to get the resists and tolerance without actually having to deal with booze. It's not proper for us Hallis to drink, after all.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    Silea said:
    It would save you money on booze in the long run Or maybe make it give you max tolerance

Teehee, 'save money'.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    For conveneience

Whip belt - 50 credits
    Wearable. You can sheathe artifact whips in them.

Trademaster's Toolbelt - 50 credits
    Wearable. Can sheathe wieldable trade artifacts. Tattooing needle, jeweler's hammer, forger's mallet, tailoring shears.

• [A fesix letter pouch/ a delicate silken keepsake pouch/ A glittering letterbox] - Allows the player to keep up to thirty letters forever, able to put in desks, never decays. 50 dingbats.

Hate your old wig and beard that you put together on the fly, want to restyle it? Pay Sergio 20 credits, and he will fabulously change up your look and give you a makeover! Don't like it? Pay 5 credits additionally for alterations to your hair-do or beard!

The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Why sheath weapons at all?

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    To get around gripping when you're swapping between weapons.  It's minorly annoying to have to relax grip, balance, unwield, wield whatever you want.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Great Rune of Planar Sensing - Aethersight no longer costs power to activate. Additionally, informs you of your scrier's location if within scrying range and not veiled.
    Rivius said:
    Great Rune of Planar Sensing - Gives you Aethersight if you don't have it. If you do, Aethersight no longer costs power to activate. Additionally, if you already have aethersight, informs you of your scrier's location if within scrying range and not veiled.

I'd prefer this.

• edited June 2015
    a shred of a broken star - [artifact] Allows for an aethership to hold up to 10 flashpoints at one time - 100/150 credits. Simply ACTIVATE STAR at your command module. It will change the desc of your command module to something like: Crackling with glittering irridesence, the command chair rises up from the floor. This is coming from @Darvellan talking about how He would leave behind stars to guide His way and they would get consumed by the half-formed. I think this would be a great artifact to have for an aethership.

Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
  • Wonderwax bar - Allows a person to portal exit from a launched ship into a fragile, short-lived "bubblesuit" that can move and enter other ships and docks. Only lets you into ships you're normally allowed to enter, and cannot be used to enter foreign organisational prime docks.

Either EAT it to gain the ability or WAX FULCRUX to apply it to a ship's fulcrux, both permanent. If you've got the ability and use a waxed fulcrux, give the bubble some more durability.