Artifact Ideas

Comments

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    edited March 2015

A Hearthpebble of Il'vania

Not quite as amazing as a hearthstone, but completely portable! Allows you to resurrect a mobile if you are holding their corpse in your inventory, usable once per IC day. May or may not be sufficiently powerful to work on smob corpses, depending on Admin discretion (will ress in their usual spawn room too, if you're not in it at the time).

EDIT: Yes, I'm bad with names. If someone can come up with a better one, please do so.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    An artifact that lets you colour your says.

An artifact that makes beast minorbreaths not consume mana.

An artifact that makes beast spellcasting cost half the normal amount.

An artifact that makes beast heal not consume ego.

These may or may not be a bit OP. I haven't thought too hard about it.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Gem of Partial Concealment - 200cr?

Removes your location from thirdeye who, but not your presence. People would know you're on the plane, but not where, unless they scried you.

Can be upgraded into a Gem of Cloaking.

I'm not sure if anyone except me would want one though. :P

• Qistrel said:

Gem of Partial Concealment - 200cr?

Removes your location from thirdeye who, but not your presence. People would know you're on the plane, but not where, unless they scried you.

Can be upgraded into a Gem of Cloaking.

I'm not sure if anyone except me would want one though. :P

If it was upgradeable I think people would. Even if not, I don't think it would be the least sold artifact. I'm picturing the person who maybe quests, but doesn't pk to the point they're on most people's farscout. They can run around questing without someone at a glance seeing they're in some conflict area and swooping in on them.

The other reason I like this is that one of the downsides of Lusternia are all the ways to get to people in under a minute. It is one of the reasons some of us play here, but for some newer players it does create a situation where you start to feel you can't go anywhere.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    It's not just the newer players, some older players feel that way too.

It wouldn't help too much on higher planes, but it'd be helpful on Prime. Or at least make me feel a lot safer!

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Given the sheer volume of people with a gem of cloaking, I'd love to see the scrying mirror upgraded slightly. Right now it doesn't pierce cloaking gems which is fine, except that at any given time, most people have a gem and thus the artifact is largely pointless. A possible upgrade would be to have those with gems show up, but completely conceal their location, plane and all. It would make the artifact far more worth its value than it is now. Even most non-coms have gems of cloaking these days!

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I don't. Why do you have to call me out like that. Rude. 

Also artifacts that exist to partially or completely counteract other artifacts aren't a great idea. I would be irritated if I invested credits so that I wasn't seen by everyone easily, only to have another artifact pop up that makes me visible. 
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Honestly, I'd love to have a downgraded gem of cloaking that keeps me on who but obscures location, or at the very least give me the option with the gem of cloaking to show my presence on who, but not my location.  The gems are awesome, but they can give the appearance of there not being a lot of people online as a whole despite the game listing how many total players are online when you check who, I know.  But yeah.  Wouldn't mind seeing that functionality added to the current gem, and offered as a mini-gem.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Probably beating a dead horse, but...

An artifact that reacts in some fashion when someone else mentions your name. Possibly something-something of minor omniscience. Or something-something of the paranoid.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I'd actually like an upgraded gem that hides you from cwho and gwho.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Shuyin said:

I'd like an upgraded gem that tells people the wrong room.

I had an idea like this once that I never suggested, because I felt lame. But yeah, I think it would be great for your location to be some randomised room every time someone catches you on who. I'd much prefer this to a cloaking gem.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Well I meant scrying, but yeah, sure. This is for uh, rp.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    On the customization thing: Customizing aethership modules would be cool.

I like customizations.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Portius said:

I like customizations.

Would love to have a more robust personality system for ships with the option to set messages that are otherwise standard (e.g. "Ah little ones, welcome to my covey" or whatever). Basically anything the ship says I would like to be customizable.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    (Ship:) Yo, dog. You be all up in my covey. Faux Shizzle.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Daraius said:

Portius said:

I like customizations.

Would love to have a more robust personality system for ships with the option to set messages that are otherwise standard (e.g. "Ah little ones, welcome to my covey" or whatever). Basically anything the ship says I would like to be customizable.
    The immediate problem I see with that is that it would break so many aethership triggers it wouldn't even be funny.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    edited March 2015
    Maybe make it so every time someone scries you it shows you in Doman's basement..?

EDIT: for a non-snarky response to the thread:

Pristine Pallet of Pulsating Paints - Primed with perfect panache, paint pulses primly upon this pine pallet. Paint provided by the pallet perforce appears precisely placed post painting in the proper pips once pulled from. Pictures painted with pallet produced pigment prove preternaturally pertinacious, persisting preserved past periods peers pale at. Paired properly with a pristine paintbrush, this pallet permits the production of surplus paintables. (consonance aside, it's an infini-pallet. Painting painted from it last longer, and if you have the paintbrush, it lets you produce runes and cards)
  • The only problem I see with a randomised room is that if I'm trying to find someone (say Xenthos) in my commune without bothering them (I really like thirdeye), it would be weird to see him at the Drums of the Dead one minute and then in the Inner Sea the next. And if I check again, suddenly he's on Mt. Zoaka? It'd be funny, and helpful for combat, but think of us littlies!
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Yeah it's not totally serious. Any version of that which would even be remotely okay involves a timer or a percent chance to fail.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Eritheyl said:

Shuyin said:

I'd like an upgraded gem that tells people the wrong room.

I had an idea like this once that I never suggested, because I felt lame. But yeah, I think it would be great for your location to be some randomised room every time someone catches you on who. I'd much prefer this to a cloaking gem.
    I put this up ages ago as an idea for Crow.  I thought it was cool and played into his theme of trickery and deception really well, but alas.
  • Increase price of Gem of Cloaking, decrease trade-in value for Gem of Cloaking.  Nose is 10x more valuable, and perfectly priced.
    </RANT>
  • Delphas said:

Increase price of Gem of Cloaking, decrease trade-in value for Gem of Cloaking.  Nose is 10x more valuable, and perfectly priced.

Price is tied directly to trade-in. It's alwayd 2/3rds of the credit cost of the item. Though I can't remember which way it rounds.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited March 2015
    In a way advantageous to us, of course.
  • The Diadem of Enlightenment - Upgrade to the Circlet of Lucidity, treats the wearer to the same accelerated speed of sanity recovery Cosmic guardians experience on their corresponding Cosmic planes, regardless of the actual plane they're on.

Agnomenon's Blabbermouth - Record a portion of a bard's song with this blabbermouth to tap into the powerful, if repetitive, refrains of the Song of Creation. This ingenious apparatus can only resound with the Lowest of vibrations as any others are too complex for the invention. As with any song, listeners must be undeaf or uncaptivated to be affected by the tune.

Compass of the Wanderer - Upgrade to the Boots of the Wanderer, enables the wearer to not only utilize pathways, but altogether forge new ones for others to follow their lead.

Earring of Communication - Enables the wearer to use Omniscience.

Gnome Tradesman's License  - Attached to a command module, licensed aethercrafts can flashpoint directly to detected Gnome trade ships sensed on the aethermap.

More random ideas!
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    You would need to make the diadem not work on Astral, or when combined with the Circlet of Lucidity it would have a greatly exacerbated effect (increased recovery & decreased accumulation combined will let you go much, much longer).
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Viynain said:

Agnomenon's Blabbermouth - Record a portion of a bard's song with this blabbermouth to tap into the powerful, if repetitive, refrains of the Song of Creation. This ingenious apparatus can only resound with the Lowest of vibrations as any others are too complex for the invention. As with any song, listeners must be undeaf or uncaptivated to be affected by the tune.
    Confused. This would let someone else copy and perform a line/effect from a bard's song?
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Step one: Get the blabbermouth.
    Step two: Get a Loralaria to let me record the CrimsonCourante.
    Step three: Harvest even quicker, yay!
    Step four: Profit! (literally).
  • Xenthos said:

You would need to make the diadem not work on Astral, or when combined with the Circlet of Lucidity it would have a greatly exacerbated effect (increased recovery & decreased accumulation combined will let you go much, much longer).

Add any area that naturally accumulates insanity to balance it out best, really.
    Eritheyl said:

Viynain said:

Confused. This would let someone else copy and perform a line/effect from a bard's song?
    Precisely!
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Yo, that would be so helpful to Magnagorans. I'd just have someone record Vileblood and another record Undeadblues, and then not only can they make everyone undead temporarily, they can also have the affliction burnoff.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."