Artifact Ideas

Comments

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Okay. But then, as a bard, I want to be able to record and replicate a meld effect of my choosing.

:-/
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Eritheyl said:

Okay. But then, as a bard, I want to be able to record and replicate a meld effect of my choosing.

...what do you want? Sweetfont?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:

Eritheyl said:

Squalls.
    Shaddus said:

Eritheyl said:

Totally Firerain.

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • edited March 2015
    Go for it. You'll need a censer to turn the room into the proper environment, but that's doable.

Gonna have to keep in mind that if you're looking for offensive room effects, protection scrolls will likewise come into play.
  • Two arties, one that is capable of becoming the rare, and one that is not.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Xenthos said:

You would need to make the diadem not work on Astral, or when combined with the Circlet of Lucidity it would have a greatly exacerbated effect (increased recovery & decreased accumulation combined will let you go much, much longer).

I'd say just make it work on cosmic as the guardians for cities or on ethereal as the wiccans for commune members.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Luce said:

Pristine Pallet of Pulsating Paints - Primed with perfect panache, paint pulses primly upon this pine pallet. Paint provided by the pallet perforce appears precisely placed post painting in the proper pips once pulled from. Pictures painted with pallet produced pigment prove preternaturally pertinacious, persisting preserved past periods peers pale at. Paired properly with a pristine paintbrush, this pallet permits the production of surplus paintables. (consonance aside, it's an infini-pallet. Painting painted from it last longer, and if you have the paintbrush, it lets you produce runes and cards)
    Bumping, since I think this got buried
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Elanorwen said:

Xenthos said:

You would need to make the diadem not work on Astral, or when combined with the Circlet of Lucidity it would have a greatly exacerbated effect (increased recovery & decreased accumulation combined will let you go much, much longer).

I'd say just make it work on cosmic as the guardians for cities or on ethereal as the wiccans for commune members.
    Wiccans don't get any benefit by sitting on Ethereal.
    Celina said:

Elanorwen said:

Xenthos said:

Wiccans don't get any benefit by sitting on Ethereal.
    For some reason I always thought they did. Maybe they should. They are the closest thing to guardians communes get after all and their related plane is Ethereal. Perhaps limit it to Etherglom for Shadow/Etherwilde for moondancers.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I think it isjust a long standing Lusternian myth since Guardians got it on cosmic. Iosai looked it up and told us there was not benefit for wiccans on ethereal. :(
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Hatpin of Changeling Habits: 50 dingbats

To use this hatpin, attach it to a racehat you own. The hatpin is destroyed, but that race hat allows you to use the racial emotes associated with that race when worn. This does not add to the tradein value of the race hat.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Is the new vines artifact a briar wall effect that can be cast anywhere, unlike the guild skill it copies?
  • ****************************AETHERGOOP ITEM 217****************************

Short Description: a Wand of Vines
    Dropped Description: Writhing with lush plantlife, a Wand of Vines rests here.
    Extended Description: Pulled from the heart of some primeval wood, this wand is all harsh splinters 
    of wood at one end and unfurling growth at the other. Vines clasp the shard of wood tightly, 
    writhing in sinuous, curling embrace: flowers are born, vividly magenta, ivory, and flame-coloured 
    scarlet, only to be shed by the thrumming greenery. A warmth rises from the heart of the artifact, 
    as if the heat of sunlit soil has been harnessed within.

Artifact Ability:
       o Used to summon briarwalls
    o Briarwalls summoned with this wand will only effect the first person
    to pass through, and will then be destroyed
       o Syntax: RAISE WAND [<dir>]
       o Must be wielded

Can Transform: N/A
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

You currently have 0 aethergoop. <--- sadface. =(

Shaddus said:

Hatpin of Changeling Habits: 50 dingbats

To use this hatpin, attach it to a racehat you own. The hatpin is destroyed, but that race hat allows you to use the racial emotes associated with that race when worn. This does not add to the tradein value of the race hat.

PLEEEEEEASE.

-

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    To be fair, I don't think you'd be complaining if it were a Wand of Phantomwalls. :P

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited April 2015
    Phantomwalls fade after three people go through them, it's not the same thing. Nor is the original skill only useable on certain terrain :/.

EDIT: So no, I probably wouldn't, different kettle of fish :P

EDIT2: Didn't see Lerad's post between the two. Yeah, that's fine, I was just checkin'.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Where are you, my infinite zimoru artifact?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    edited April 2015
    I really want this:

Plague Doctor's Mask - 10 Aethergoop
    You can play in the sewers without being eaten by Muud.

• can we get the full list somewhere? At work and can't log in =(
    I'm confused as to why there's only one type of elemental ring being offered for goop and it's air. :/

• Elanorwen said:

I'm confused as to why there's only one type of elemental ring being offered for goop and it's air. :/

The shipping costs are lighter!

@Estarra Not sure there's an error here. Though they're designed for each org, the artifact ability under info suggests they're all air rings. Even if they're all supposed to be air rings, it looks like one may have a typo: [Poss. Error on ring or if not ring or scroll.] ITEM 186 Dropped Description: Oe set short_desc an obsidian ring of heat-rippled mirages.

184   an iron ring of churning smog              70     350cr
    185   a driftwood ring of sea breezes            70     350cr
    186   a ring of streaming clouds                 70     350cr
    187   an ebony ring of heat-rippled mirag        70     350cr
    188   a ring of rustling breezes                 70     350cr
    189   a ring of crow feathers                    70     350cr

****************************AETHERGOOP ITEM 184****************************

Short Description: an iron ring of churning smog
    Dropped Description: A thin iron ring lies here as toxic smog leaks from the metal.
    Extended Description: Thin iron fillaments spiral into a lattice-work ring which contains a churning
    cloud of toxic smog. As the choking fog swirls within the band, tendrils of black ash leak from
    between the iron in noxious streams. The dark clouds stream along the ring, reversing flow mid-
    stream to create bizzare layers. Wherever the smog has leaked from the ring, a patina of
    discolouration licks across the metal.

Artifact Ability:
    Automatically avoid winds on air plane.

Can Transform: a sparkling sapphire ring
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****************************AETHERGOOP ITEM 185****************************

Short Description: a driftwood ring of sea breezes

Artifact Ability:

****************************AETHERGOOP ITEM 186****************************

Short Description: a ring of streaming clouds

Artifact Ability:

Short Description: an ebony ring of heat-rippled mirages
    [Poss. Error on ring or if not ring or scroll.]
    Dropped Description: Oe set short_desc an obsidian ring of heat-rippled mirages.

Artifact Ability:

****************************AETHERGOOP ITEM 188****************************

Short Description: a ring of rustling breezes

Artifact Ability:

****************************AETHERGOOP ITEM 189****************************

Short Description: a ring of crow feathers

Artifact Ability:
  • edited April 2015
    I think some of us would like to see goop carried into the far future. For me the list is starting to get a bit unwieldy.

Would it be possible to get the list searchable? aethergoop list censer?

Ideally, it would be nice if there was a way to find them by group (all the items which do sent, but have nouns different then nose). Maybe types could be added? Utility, combat, beast?

Thank you Vael and thank you to whatever brand of coffee or stimulents Vael is on.

Steingrim said:

Elanorwen said:

And then you go ahead and highlight the same question I'm asking. Elemental rings provide protection against the knock-around effects on a specific plane. In this case I was asking why the only goop ring offered was the Air one. A clarification of if it is intentional or if other rings can be customized to look in that same way would have been nice.

Unrelated issue - the ears show where and who is moving in adjacent rooms... but sadly they don't show whether the person just entered or left, which might probably be more useful if it could be added as a feature.

• Elanorwen said:

Steingrim said:

Elanorwen said:

And then you go ahead and highlight the same question I'm asking. Elemental rings provide protection against the knock-around effects on a specific plane. In this case I was asking why the only goop ring offered was the Air one. A clarification of if it is intentional or if other rings can be customized to look in that same way would have been nice.

Unrelated issue - the ears show where and who is moving in adjacent rooms... but sadly they don't show whether the person just entered or left, which might probably be more useful if it could be added as a feature.
    At this time, that is the only ring available. Others may become available in the future, however.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I still want an artifact that lets me be a standard bearer to take squishies hunting.

• I'm thinking of releasing a couple more goop artifacts this week. Let me know your favorites or what you'd like to see!
  • I know there's been people asking for other elemental rings than Air. I'd think Water would be the biggest in demand, considering it covers both the elemental plane and the seas on the Prime plane, where the other rings only cover their elemental planes. It would be nice if the Air ring and the Brooch of the Tempest could be combined though, and perhaps the Earth ring could prevent people being pulled down by gravediggers and icediggers, but that might be a bit much. Plus, I can't think of anything for the Fire rings...