Artifact Ideas

Comments

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Assuming customisation of it's long description affects what is shown when people look at you. And I imagine it would?

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    what Qistrel said.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:

I'd be willing to pay 100 credits just to have a custom hair or beard curio. Just saying.

But would you be willing to pay say 300 since you're basically replacing multiple curios?
    Steingrim said:

Shaddus said:

I'd be willing to pay 100 credits just to have a custom hair or beard curio. Just saying.

But would you be willing to pay say 300 since you're basically replacing multiple curios?
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:

Steingrim said:

Shaddus said:

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
    100 credits seems cheap for a curio that can do what dozens others can and more (i.e. look like any hair curio or a custom one).
    Shaddus said:

Steingrim said:

Shaddus said:

I meant this part. I'm wanting a custom hair curio.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    They're not talking about an item that you can freely use the DESCRIBE command on, for infinite free hair. I don't really understand why you can't just use describe self to describe your hair though...
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Xenthos said:

Shaddus said:

Why can't you customize a curio?
    There's nothing yet saying you can't, but there's also nothing to my knowledge saying you can. If they count as artifacts (I wouldn't know, because boo curios), then I guess you can! ...maybe.

Someone email artifacts@lusternia and find out.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Enyalida said:

They're not talking about an item that you can freely use the DESCRIBE command on, for infinite free hair. I don't really understand why you can't just use describe self to describe your hair though...

Arien said: Customizable hair couture. It allows you to change up your hair and the
    colour of what it looks like at the end of your description. You can
    change it once every IG month, maybe? It'd probably go for about 100-200
    credits.

Arien said: It would have the influence bonus as well. But choosing between some
    premades can be difficult for people who love customization. It would be
    a neat feature to have.

I believe some like that it is separate and that it is in another colour.
    That's precisely what I want and why I want it. I don't even care if it gives an influence bonus.
  • Shaddus said:

That's precisely what I want and why I want it. I don't even care if it gives an influence bonus.

Be honest, what you really want is a moustache and the ability to describe what kinda crumbs and jam is stuck to it! ;-)
  • Steingrim said:

Enyalida said:

Arien said: Customizable hair couture. It allows you to change up your hair and the
    colour of what it looks like at the end of your description. You can
    change it once every IG month, maybe? It'd probably go for about 100-200
    credits.

Arien said: It would have the influence bonus as well. But choosing between some
    premades can be difficult for people who love customization. It would be
    a neat feature to have.

I believe some like that it is separate and that it is in another colour.
    Well, here's the thing about describe self and hair. You make it a certain way, and it's always the same. You can perhaps elude to some part of the description. If people are going to have wigs, why not make the customisable. There's obviously no reason to withhold the opportunity.
    Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
  • Arien said:

Well, here's the thing about describe self and hair. You make it a certain way, and it's always the same. You can perhaps elude to some part of the description. If people are going to have wigs, why not make the customisable. There's obviously no reason to withhold the opportunity.

You say that, but the live bees in your beehive hairdo disagree. I don't have a horse in this race. I find it a bit odd that when players are given fixed looks (pick an eyecolor, hair color) they want to customize and when they can customize freely they want items.

Maybe what you'd rather have is an item to allow you to color your entire description? A colored line for your eyes, one for your hair, etc?
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    • infinite zimoru artifact
    • infinite XYZ reagent artifact
    • reagent that can force a beast to grow to maturity
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Siam said:

Buy yourself a Beastmastery Chemistry set. 40 credits, best investment ever for the aspiring beastmaster.
    Oh, I'm talking about the reagents like bodoru, suporu, mindoru, wackodoru, etc. The chemset is heaven's gift to mortals.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Gnomish Urchin:

Adds a person to your family for the purpose of determining great house. This helps make up for the low population compared to the number of people required to be a great house. Does not contribute any honor, does contribute to any population-based honor decay and other effects. Probably should increase them, because you're letting filthy gnomish urchins besmirch the family name just so you look big. Family head can DISINHERIT URCHIN to remove the urchin from the family.

With love @Zitto who is ultimately responsible for me posting this.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • @Portius, the people deserve to know the truth.
    Portius said:

(Halli-facts Trivia Channel): Portius says, "IDEA WE SHOULD HAVE MAIL-ORDER BRIDES AVAILABLE AS AN ARTIFACT TO PAD FAMILY NUMBERS SO WE CAN MAKE UP FOR THE LACK OF NUMBERS WITHOUT ALTS KTHNXBAI."
    (Halli-facts Trivia Channel): Portius says, "In my head I was screaming it so loud that Estarra would telepathically hear it and be convinced it was a good idea."

You started it, @Zitto

(You know the place): Zitto (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Portius, you're rich, right?"

(It's the same clan as always): You say, "Ish."

(The hilarious one): Zitto (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "As in, the character, obviously. The point is,
     buy me a bride."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Zitto can marry a dude, too. Don't matter none to me.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Okay, time to consolidate artifact ideas! List your favorites or add new ideas!
    edited March 2015
    Estarra said:

Okay, time to consolidate artifact ideas! List your favorites or add new ideas!

This is going to be a long shot, but....custom hair curios and emotes.

By that, I mean that I want to be able to buy an Emote Token, use some sort of design scheme like setting a custom zap, and issue to have it added to myself or a clan. Maybe an upgraded cost for a clan submission.

Same idea for hair curios.
    Estarra said:

Infinite zimorus please. :)

#bringShikariback 

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Cartel catalogues! If you really want to get people buying, make them cheap (30cr?) and allow the user to tune them to a specific cartel (one time only). Then, anyone who uses it can CATALOGUE LIST to see all designs in that cartel, and CATALOGUE SHOW <number> (much like current cartel commands available to members) to look at all the designs available to be crafted. Even better would be the ability to search per pattern type or even like craftspeople already can through appearance, examined, comms, etc.

This will make everyone's life easier when it comes to commissioning and crafting items! Think of your tradesfolk!

• Shaddus said:

Estarra said:

This is going to be a long shot, but....custom hair curios and emotes.

By that, I mean that I want to be able to buy an Emote Token, use some sort of design scheme like setting a custom zap, and issue to have it added to myself or a clan. Maybe an upgraded cost for a clan submission.

Same idea for hair curios.
    Unfortunately, the way hair curios are set up, we can't customize them. Maybe as an auction item?

We've auctioned custom emtoes before but they're really less popular then you imagine. I can look into a token thing but am doubtful we would do it.

Sorry!
    If @Estarra is open to looking into new customizations, then custom ikons would make me very happy. Make them eternals that have to copy a statline from an existing ikon.

Estarra said:

Shaddus said:

Unfortunately, the way hair curios are set up, we can't customize them. Maybe as an auction item?

You couldn't sell an item that we could use as payment for a custom hair curio? Does it have to do with the pieces, or something else?
  • I would be interested in more artifacts that provide benefits the way urtrap cookies do. Providing consumable, short-period benefits that we can use, store, or gift away as we will. Especially essence/xp.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Siam said:

• infinite zimoru artifact
    • reagent that can force a beast to grow to maturity
    I would like to add onto this by saying:

Infinite zimoru artifact with org based, randomized descs.

Custom staffs, athames ect, that never decay, always reset.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Censer artifact upgrade that, after activated, terrains an area after x-seconds for 10p much as the Kiakoda Drums de-terrain an area. If potentially grief-tastic, feel free to add a caveat that it's inoperable in enemy territory.

Serum of the Hamadhi (or something more appropriate) - resurrect target denizen corpse instantaneously, provided the body is in your inventory. Denizen repops in origin room (not user's current room). Limited to once an hour, akin to the Jar of Lirangshan Mist. Apply limits as suitable to prevent griefing.

Command Chair Memory Module - attach to command chair to enable flashpoints to be remembered even if the ship implodes. Either remember all three, or just one, and stackable up to three (or whatever the max is, I forget).

Empathic Grid Mindlink Module - attach to empathic grid to tie the empath's well-being to the ship with the ACTIVATE MINDLINK syntax (or something more applicable). Grid repairs are x-times or x-percent more effective, but at significant cost to the empath's own sanity.

Shield Orb Isolation Module - attach to shield orb to enable an ACTIVATE ISOLATION syntax (or something more applicable), pulling a slivven plaguing a random module to the shield orb. Note that doing so angers the pulled slivven and, as such, renders the creature more aggressive than normal (think 1.5x attack speed).

Sanctuary Module - activate in an aethership and attunes itself to the last godrealm the ship docked at. Attuned sanctuaries enable ship captains to offer ship essence without having to go back to a godrealm.

Beastmaster's Superior Mana Reagent (Magickoru?!) - magical beast skills no longer consume beast mana on use. (I dream of the day that I actually be able to use minorbreath for bashing).

Beastmaster's Superior Ego Reagent (Something-oru) - like the above, but for beast ego.

Supplicant's Altar - TOUCH to customize according to your cult's altar. Enables use of Veneration abilities away from the Godrealm (powers that are deemed godrealm-only not applicable). As a bonus, having this in your possession as a cult leader reduces the cost of learning Veneration by 25% - 33% (120mil essence to trans, if I remember right).

Yes, it's a wishlist. No, it's not completely fleshed out. Will have more ideas tomorrow!