Artifact Ideas

Comments

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Lavinya said:
    It's a fact. We keep astral bashing until either Munsia is tired of linking or people have had enough and the group dwindles. Never because we're too insane. Crown is great at mitigating command failure. We only ever use truth when we're done to speed up the removal of the spam insanity creates.
    You do realize that command denial has absolutely nothing to do with your script and everything to do with server-side RNG, which gets more and more skewed towards denial the more insane you are. I can understand if it gags the insanity lines and repeats for you... which is quite simple enough to do with a big enough database of insanity incoming messages, but to claim that you get less command denial because you're using a script just shows that the astro insanity is getting to you in different ways.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    It's the system handling the command denial well and still functioning to keep us alive and bashing effectively. If it didn't, we'd start dropping like flies because we would be struggling to heal and cure and to keep on hitting the beasties. But the system works really well, even when we're crazy insane and commands keep failing over and over. The insanity is still highly irritating and definitely messes with pk. Hence why I would be tempted to buy an artifact that increased the rate at which sanity recovers after the fact. /attempt at getting back on topic

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I'd love to see all the constructs get moved up to grand strategy level things for an org. So if an org wanted to focus on culture it could pick a construct that gave a bonus to bard/scholar value, or something that gave a bonus to experience if they wanted to focus on cultivating demis. Possibly different kinds of construct for different kinda of XP gain, like one that made questing worth a meaningful amount on one construct and and a boost to bashing XP on another. Maybe a construct that boosted power per essence like empowering the elemental lords. That kind of strategic level thing, at least. But that strays a little bit from artifacts, I guess.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited January 2015
    Omg I didn't know that was a thing. I've been thinking about proposing exactly that for the opera house foyer to show off my Now Playing portraits. It'd be like the movie posters on the lobby wall at any theatre. <3
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Portius said:
    I'd love to see all the constructs get moved up to grand strategy level things for an org. So if an org wanted to focus on culture it could pick a construct that gave a bonus to bard/scholar value, or something that gave a bonus to experience if they wanted to focus on cultivating demis. Possibly different kinds of construct for different kinda of XP gain, like one that made questing worth a meaningful amount on one construct and and a boost to bashing XP on another. Maybe a construct that boosted power per essence like empowering the elemental lords. That kind of strategic level thing, at least. But that strays a little bit from artifacts, I guess.
    These things might be a problem if you're talking about culture points. It seems like it might let the leaders outpace people even more and become defacto requirements.
  • ? Let "leaders outpace people even more"? I'm not quite sure what that means. Are you talking about culture "leaders" as in whoever is winning culture center?

If that's the case, don't worry. Culture center only changes at the year change, most of the time. Bard/scholars don't actually affect it because the difference is usually too big (thanks to the heavy weight of prestige wins) to change through bard/scholars. On top of that, the biggest library award also changes hands quite a bit, so it's really very fluid, there's no org that gets stuck on culture center indefinitely by any means. Once in a blue moon, two orgs get a close culture score for the year and they can duke it out via bard scholars. Now that can be fun, and might be when the orgs might want to invest in some gold/comms (we sure have more than enough of those) to crank up the bard/scholar value for a bit to make the race easier. Beauty/knowledge domoths also affect that now anyway.

Otherwise, those new constructs won't be "requirements" by any stretch of the imagination. I doubt any changes to constructs are forthcoming, though, so I won't put too much hope in it, but it does sound like it'll be interesting. 

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Bard/scholar bonus would definitely be a fringe use for the close competitions, which only happen if the prestige winners align just right. Those close contests are great though. Now, an org with the domoth bonus who does the quest to boost points can actually get tons of bard/scholar points if they, as an org, really push for them. There was one cycle where Glom hit hundreds of points for them when it was really close between them and Hallifax. If an org really wanted to contest cultural center with a weakish library and stage, they could do it with bards. Not just with them, of course, but they can supplement by a lot.

Orgs with strong stages and libraries would probably have the least incentive to go for a construct to boost bards and scholars, just because of the opportunity cost of giving up a different construct. They don't care as much how many points they get from bards as long as they deny them to opponents. More points would be better than less to them, but probably not enough to give up a different construct. But that's the sort of interesting grand strategy choice that is a good thing!
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Slippers of the Sweet Dream - Reduces the willpower drain associated with being in dreamform, at the cost of being unable to use aggressive abilities.
    upgrades to Slippers of the Masters of the Dream - See above, without the restriction.
  • Aerotan said:
    Slippers of the Sweet Dream - Reduces the willpower drain associated with being in dreamform, at the cost of being unable to use aggressive abilities.
    upgrades to Slippers of the Masters of the Dream - See above, without the restriction.
    AFAIK the plan is to get rid of WP drain. Also, does the existing WP rune not help while in dreamform?
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It does, as do any other wp regen effects, like Sacraments Benediction/Wicca Maiden (when cast on the body).
    Steingrim said:
    Aerotan said:
    Slippers of the Sweet Dream - Reduces the willpower drain associated with being in dreamform, at the cost of being unable to use aggressive abilities.
    AFAIK the plan is to get rid of WP drain. Also, does the existing WP rune not help while in dreamform?
    FTFY

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited January 2015
    Would buy an artifact that completely disables ambient effects in a room when dropped or otherwise activated. Preferably something that doesn't have to be dropped, but can be tapped or turned or something in my inventory. It'd be like an upgrade to my aura of effortless serenity. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Chaos Censer. Works exactly like a taint/wyrd/water/whatever Censer, except A] you can buy one for dingbats, and B] it does a random org terrain each time.
    edited January 2015
    Or perhaps a trueground censer, that makes trueground cheaper as well as slightly faster. I find it annoying that 85% of the game is covered in magical terrain at all times.
  • So: Censer of Truth - Provides TRUEGROUND at 2 power for those without the skill. For those with it, allows one to TRUEGROUND for free if unmelded, or for 2 Power in a melded area (subject to normal breaking rules).
    edited January 2015
    Uh... no. Trueground for those without the skill, make it cost ONE power for those with it, with a slightly faster effect (but hopefully still slower than un-censer-ed terrain skills at neutral eq). No demesne breaking. 

The cost on trueground is what it is (and I think it's slower than normal) so that the melder wins a terrain war against non-melding scrubs. Making it one power is already a powerful bonus, without any other perks (like speed or breaking).
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Spiked Collar - Increases base minor breath damage on your beast.
  • I still want a bandolier equivalent for enchanted (or all) curios. These things insanely clutter up my inventory, but can't be put away or else the enchantments/buffs/defenses/perks are inaccessible.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    edited January 2015
    Viynain said:
    I still want a bandolier equivalent for enchanted (or all) curios. These things insanely clutter up my inventory, but can't be put away or else the enchantments/buffs/defenses/perks are inaccessible.
    The buffs/dmp can be left and anchored somewhere and still be active. Not the others iirc though. SILLY VIYNAIN. Maybe you'll know better after that lap around the Basin.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Piffle and posh. I still want the curio bandolier for the enchanted curios! Those alone spam everything in my inventory out.
    Neos said:
    Viynain said:
    I still want a bandolier equivalent for enchanted (or all) curios. These things insanely clutter up my inventory, but can't be put away or else the enchantments/buffs/defenses/perks are inaccessible.
    There buffs/dmp can be left and anchored somewhere and still be active. Not the others iirc though. SILLY VIYNAIN. Maybe you'll know better after that lap around the Basin.
    There's also the curiobox. Afaik it doesn't work for enchanted curios either, though.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    edited January 2015
    Wait, I realised I read things incorrectly. Nevermind.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    edited January 2015
    Race hats for gnome and fink!

They can even cost more dingbats than normal racehats.

• A simple rune artifact for figurines that can be attached to them for non-decay purposes. Honestly the current rune costs 425 to make the figurine resetting, but is just overpriced for simple figurines. It's much more logical to simply transfer the esteem from a decaying figurine (if you dont want to repair it) to a new one. This is of course not taking into account a level 40 figurine, but same same.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    edited January 2015
    o Spark of the Faithful Worshiper (200cr)
    - Can only be used if you are in an Order for which you do not have Order affinity; has you count as if you are of your Divine's organization they Patron
    - One use only
    - No refunds
    - To use, ABSORB SPARK

o a song-worthy hearty vegetable stew (500cr)
    - Unlocks access to the Sileni race

RACEHATS
    - Fink (mauve)
    - Gnome (mechanical)
    - Sileni (green camouflage)

(I can dream, can't I?)
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    @Selenity: @Estarra just enjoys torturing us. Saying how they were thinking about doing sileni but then they didn't...

Seeing as we're dream artifacting, I want almost purely for RP:

Grandmother Gucka's Airborn Doom Jelly (400 credits)
    - Can only be used by female finks. Turns you into a Fink Matriarch, giving you +1 size and the ability to fly.

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    The figurine rune does seem overpriced, yeah. Given that you can use preserve sketches(15cr) and recreate the figurine you desire for much cheaper. When one doesn't have the sketches in question, however, the figurine comes into play. Still overpriced, though!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback