Artifact Ideas

Comments

• Daraius said:
    I think it's been suggested before, but I'd buy a few one-use artifacts that increases a ship's flashpoint capacity by one.
    If added, it should be limited to one upgrade, for a total of four.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    *Food* of the *group*: Gets rid of needing to sleep/eat before level 80. Cannot be traded in. For all those uppity new people speeding to 80 so they don't have to eat/sleep while rping.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Tarkenton said:
    *Food* of the *group*: Gets rid of needing to sleep/eat before level 80. Cannot be traded in. For all those uppity new people speeding to 80 so they don't have to eat/sleep while rping.
    Artifact name: Low-Hanging Fruit
  • Star Chart (Or some other fancy name)

The zodiac sphere assigned to the chart can be cast without consuming willpower/endurance (mana/power costs still apply)

To choose the sphere for the chart: MARK <chart> <sign> (On the same cooldown as changing infinite runes/cards)

To use the chart: ASTROCAST <chart> <target>

I'm hoping for something similar to the infinite tarot cards/runes that other specs have. The only real benefit those give is that they eliminate the need to spend obscene amounts of willpower to create more cards/runes.

As it stands, astrology spheres cost a -significant- amount of willpower AND endurance to cast, essentially rendering the ability METEOR STORM useless, as you'll run completely out of willpower+endurance before you can sphere enough people to use the skill. (Not that many would use the skill anyway. It takes a lot of work)
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
  • If you had a magical wand, what power(s) would you like to see it have?
  • don't we already have a lot of magical wands like illusion and icewalls?

Regardless, it'd be neat to have a magical wand artifact - kind of like a curio - that you could put a *bunch* of enchantments on, like ignite/cleanse/icewall/all the POINT AT enchantments to reduce all of the jewelery you have to wear
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Estarra said:
    If you had a magical wand, what power(s) would you like to see it have?
    Conceal from Glamours.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Estarra said:
    Saw a target in half, conjure temporary flowers/rabbit, make something levitate, and cause something to disappeer.
  • I may be weird, but I think it would be pretty cool if there was a magic wand that let you draw illusions (With a hefty equilibrium cost, so it isn't abused in combat. 6+ seconds would be all right).

It would be for RP things like rituals or other neat stuff.
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    There is one, wand of illusions?
  • Ooh! A magic wand that's like the rainbow vials (the vials make pretty coloured messages and splash people when you point them)

Except instead of splashing liquid on the person, any of various other cool effects!

A rabbit appears and hops past the eprson

Pretty ethereal butterflies burst out of the wand and flutter by

A sparkler-type effect!

An outline of some historical figure appears and does something! (Lolly Pringle being flung off into the distance would be neat!)

All sorts of things!
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Marcella said:
    don't we already have a lot of magical wands like illusion and icewalls?

Regardless, it'd be neat to have a magical wand artifact - kind of like a curio - that you could put a *bunch* of enchantments on, like ignite/cleanse/icewall/all the POINT AT enchantments to reduce all of the jewelery you have to wear
    http://whoinventedthe.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/bopit.jpg

Have the enchantments activated with the different quest commands - touch, pull, push, turn, twist, use. If you throw it at someone from an adjacent room, it hits them with all the enchantments at once.

• edited December 2014

Estarra said:

@Estarra here are some fun ideas.

- Changeself illusion wand
    - Set room alight wand
    - Conceal item in room wand
    - Put up a silence effect in room, no speech
    - Fling person from room, equivalent of gust
    - Shoot someone down from skies, equivalent of geyser
    - Wand to cause it to rain, as well as increase plant growth in room from rain
    - Wand able to hold 5 different enchantments on it
    - Wand that will spin around and point in general direction an individual is in (in area) (sort of like a compass)
    - Wand that will spin around and point in general direction of a trackable creature in area
    - Wand that would give a temporary shield against the weather, hostile actions break.
    - Wand to summon a little genie (same genie each time) that will follow you around and do random cute things (havent thought this through yet), sort of like a mini-pet.
    - Wand that summons a gnome merchant that sells basic priced elixirs, equivalent to Bob.
    - Wand that will shoot food into someone's mouth, or simply shoot something at someone (non-damage)
    - Fireworks Wand, no power
    - Wand that drags all rats out of the corners in the room (max 3 unless have buff of 5). Will not thwart rats from randomly escaping.
    - Wand to restore to life a dead creature (Unable to be used on supermobs, specific mobs, or high-leveled creatures. May be used on mounts)
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    How about....a wand that has a similar affect to starleaper, wave it to fling yourself out of the room in a random direction, useable once per month?

+1 for glamours conceal

• More wands! Color coded for fun.

- Wand of skulls: Catacombs map, 5 charges per month.
    - Gravity Wand: Can fling you up into the skies (in said room) for limited time, or can grind you down (in said room) for limited time.
    - Vagabond wand: Make your clothing seem very tawdry with an illusion. WARNING: Chance of misfire and appearing naked.
    - Prestigious wand: Make your clothing seem like royalty with an illusion. WARNING: Chance of misfire and appearing naked
    - Lovers wand: Teleport (ability) to your beloved (married) at incredible speed and with no power cost. Couple must both have a wand
    - Psionic sensory wand: Send out a psionic wave to sense all living presences in the area and get a rough estimate of what resides here (similar to hunting PRINTS ability)
    - Drunkard's wand: Use the charm on this wand to clear up your alcoholic haze before your return home to the wife. One use per month.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited December 2014
    Estarra said:
    Advanced reflections. You can make a reflection of yourself, and if in the same room it will work as normal and absorb an attack on you before twinkling out of existence. Otherwise, you can order it to move around and speak, see, hear, pick up, give and drop items.

Also another +1 from me for glamours conceal.
  • edited December 2014
    Rivius said:
    Estarra said:
    Advanced reflections. You can make a reflection of yourself, and if in the same room it will work as normal and absorb an attack on you before twinkling out of existence. Otherwise, you can order it to move around and speak, see, hear, pick up, give and drop items.

Also another +1 from me for glamours conceal.
    That sounds kind of crazy OP to me. Would that reflection be immune or vulnerable to affliction attacks?

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    Well I meant it's vulnerable to everything reflections are now. Basically any aggressive action would pop them.
  • Oh. Well that's not so bad. You could do some very sneaky stuff with that thing.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    edited December 2014
    I want a version of the ridiculous pig nose that you can put on your beast. Or adiminister as a reagent to your beast, or something.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Qistrel said:
    I want a version of the ridiculous pig nose that you can put on your beast. Or adiminister as a reagent to your beast, or something.
    Are you wanting to have your beast scent?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Yeah, instead of me snuffling through a nose, I thought it would be cool if my beast could instead.

• It might be neat to have a wand that lets you duplicate temporary clones of mobs for your entourage.

This would be highly problematic for combat, of course, unless the clones just have no ability to attack whatsoever, and are worth zero xp. Or something like that.

I'd just like it for RP. I've always, always wanted all of the flower Fae from Maeve's garden following me around, not just the one from the quest.

• Estarra said:
    Not a fan of things which need to be wielded and unwielded to use, so not a fan of wands at all.
    Yeah, the wand would need to be useable unwielded otherwise no thanks.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Wand that replicates you on QL for a certain duration. For those times when you need to sneak.

Wand that you can siphon power into that you can use to refresh power with once per day.

Wand that you use to curse people with an inability to use magical transportation for 10s.

Wand that functions as a permanent glamrock effect for one outfit, like a school girl's uniform.

Wand that you can bop people with that curses them with selectable poisons. Or anorexia.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Shuyin said:
    Wand that functions as a permanent glamrock effect for one outfit, like a school girl's uniform.
    Sailor Moon, is that you?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Well, I'm just saying, if you want to be a magical girl, you need a wand. Or an incubator.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Shuyin said:
    Well, I'm just saying, if you want to be a magical girl, you need a wand. Or an incubator.
    Hmmm... this is giving me ideas that are making me giggle like a schoolgirl. I wonder if I can get away with magic transform via advanced illusions.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Only if you set it to trigger when you call out "Continuum Cosmic Power. Make up!"
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.