Artifact Ideas

Comments

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Daganev said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Daganev said:
    I was pretty upset when I got the spectacles and found out I still had to type SECRETS and lose balance.  Especially now with the map showing most secret exits anyways.
    There are secret exits shown on the map? That's news to me. Some perhaps. Most? Nope, not even close.
    On the HTML5 client, most secret rooms are shown on the map.
    Smells like a bug to me.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I am disappointed that Orventa didn't suggest being able to juggle geese.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Daganev said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Daganev said:
    I was pretty upset when I got the spectacles and found out I still had to type SECRETS and lose balance.  Especially now with the map showing most secret exits anyways.
    There are secret exits shown on the map? That's news to me. Some perhaps. Most? Nope, not even close.
    On the HTML5 client, most secret rooms are shown on the map.
    Smells like a bug to me.
    Honestly, I think it's mostly an unavoidable circumstance with clients that don't pull the map directly from the game. For instance, the XML-map also includes all rooms, including secret exits, and I frankly can't think of an easy way to get around it. Make hidden exits not show? Well, considering the rooms will still be there, figuring out where they are will be simple enough. Not map hidden rooms? That'd take a whole chunk of them out of both the in-game map as well as the XML map.
  • edited November 2014
    Frankly I find secret exits to be a nuisance and overused in lusternia anyway.

Secret exit leading to a cool room is fine. Secret exits that have to do with locating a damn area (which btw I can count 5 off the top of my head) or are involved with quests is just stupid.
  • Since I base my map on the XML-map, I don't even notice secret exits anymore. And I must say, I don't really miss them that much...
  • Back to the topic at hand, here are some others ideas:

- Dwarven Sideburns: With these on, you'll find you have the sturdiness of a dwarf. No longer will you begin to fumble about if drunk (other side-effects will continue) / OR / With these on, you'll find the effects from alcohol strongly reduced.

- Runic Flask: Attune this flask to your nexus. Once a month, you'll find it fill up with 5 sips of your organization's special brew (holywater/unholywater/etc.)

- Fishing kit: With this kit, you'll be able to CATCH TROUT (hunting skill) like any hunter. Additionally, you may carve the fish up and turn them into fish commodities.

- Woodman's cloak: You'll be able to see and transverse the many pathways in Lusternia.

- A pummeling sledgehammer: When underground, you can use this to try and find some gems commodity. Use with caution, you may attract some large predator from all the ruckus.
  • Isn't there already a pathfind artifact? Boots of something or other, I think...
  • We have to remember that things mitigating the down side of drunkeness are nerfs to Gaudi bards.

Also, I'm pretty sure there are already boots that let you use pathways.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    There is already an artifact that does the exact thing the sideburns do, anyways.

The runic flask should just fill up with 1 vial of your org's potion, 5 sips is a pathetically tiny amount.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Sideburns - Clangoru Charm
    Cloak - Pathfinder Boots 

I don't think anything should eliminate fumbling entirely

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • tch, why did gaudi bards have to function by drunkenness...wait what am I saying.
  • Enyalida said:
    There is already an artifact that does the exact thing the sideburns do, anyways.

The runic flask should just fill up with 1 vial of your org's potion, 5 sips is a pathetically tiny amount.
    The org brews are pretty powerful and require 4 essence to make, thus why we dont see them around often. I think giving someone a vial with 60 sips a day would seem a bit unfair. I think 10 sips would be okay (I'd be surprised if he somehow used them all in the same day anyway).
    You don't see them around often? I was always swimming in Moonwater, it's really easy to make.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited November 2014
    Maybe I should specify

I'm not worried about drunkenness and Minstrels, we'll be fine.

Eliminating fumbling means there is no downside to being drunk off your ass, enabling super awesome buffs from dark and amberbeers. It'd be one more -must have- artifact that just widens the gap between top tier and lower tiers, and is something that should be avoided.

Edit: a vial a day of orgpotion is no big deal, 10 sips would be stupid unless it's like 10 credits.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    This is only tangentially related, but there should be a selfishness for booze, called 'temperance', that prevents being forced to DRINK booze.
  • edited November 2014
    Shaddus said:
    I am disappointed that Orventa didn't suggest being able to juggle geese.
    I am aghast that I'd forgotten as well. Corrected! Baby geese are a go for jugglie suggestion.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • An artifact that lowers or removes order affinity.
    edited November 2014
    The stenographer is cool. Two points:

-Could we please allow READing it, to review the record so far.
    -It gives no start message (when you drop it), though the stop message references its movements.
    -Could it have an 'Off the record' verbal command that pre-emptivly strikes things from the record? Or an on/off switch that leaves some note that it was turned off in the recording.
    -Could there be some way to feed it a longer document, like a scroll, for longer meetings? Or perhaps a stack of letters, that get stamped 'x in series of y' at the top, and 'Cont.' at the bottom?

It might also be cool if it gave a periodic ambient of working! And if you turned it on by dropping it and THEN putting in the letter, allowing you to just stick in another letter without picking it up when it runs out of space.

EDIT: Can bookbinders copy letters? If not, it would be cool to be able to do that.

EDIT2: So, it does turn on by dropping first and feeding it a letter. That didn't occur to me, I was adding letters first. You can also yank the letter out before it's done, yielding a totally blank letter! Instead, it would be cool if you could PULL STENOGRAPHER to make it pause so that you could review the record, as long as you can insert that same letter and have it resume (basically, have it remember the id of the last letter it had in it, and when it was yanked out. If it was within the last few minutes and it's the same, resume with a note).

Also, it neglects to record who you are talking to when you target a say. That's pretty vital information that any stenographer worth its salt would include! Something on the order of:

[Enyalida, to Isluna]: I'm trying out my new contraption.

instead of 

[Enyalida]: I'm trying out my new contraption.

• If there was an easy way to make it include targeted says then that would be nice but stenographers only record what is said and who said it.

Unless you say who you are speaking to then the body language/positioning and eye contact that indicate who you are speaking to is not going to be recorded.

You might just need to supplement it with comments like - Let the record show that this crazy bitch was not speaking to me because I'm not having any of that mess. It's not ideal since you could easily give an account of things that didn't happen or misrepresent what did happen but I'm not sure how to get around that. At least you would have a record of someone being deceitful.

I support your your other ideas though.

• This is why lawyers say, "let the record show that the idiot nodded" :P
  • With the current promotion you get many fewer presents for people seeking the new hair and or beard curios. Any chance there will be an option to buy them directly like some of the other curio collections?

• Llandros said:
    With the current promotion you get many fewer presents for people seeking the new hair and or beard curios. Any chance there will be an option to buy them directly like some of the other curio collections?
    You can buy them directly already. Go to the salon (east of the curio artifact shop). the newest ones are dingbat priced, the old hairs are credit.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    @Estarra, you said you were considering other races.

Were centaurs on that list of consideration?
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Selenity said:

Extra limbs (4 legs) means chances are low.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Are centaurs even a sharded race?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    Portius said:
    I have no idea.

• Portius said:

Selenity said:
    Portius said:
    I have no idea.

Ahem. *adjusts spectacles*

Centaurs are indeed a sharded race, having sharded from Charune's brother (whose name escapes me). It actually stands to logic when you consider ho Charune shares an affinity for the equine form.
    Cervine form?
    Found the name. Centaubi.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Selenity said:

Extra limbs (4 legs) means chances are low.
    And thus were the Centyr born.  It's like a Satyr just without the horns :P