Artifact Ideas

Comments

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    I wish our artifacts worked like Aetolia, where (all)? powers could be consolidated on 1 item if the person chose so, or could be placed on another artifact item.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Great Rune of Kevlar

Attach to a piece of clothing to give it an armor value of X. X is equal to whatever value is representative of plate if the wearer is a warrior, or whatever is representative of greatrobes otherwise. Split it into two runes, one for robes and one for plate and make it so the clothes only function for a person of the appropriate class if that's necessary for technical reasons.

The point is to have a rune that means you can wear whatever you want without giving up armor for it, so if you want to have a mage that wears a toga all the time or something like that you can. The armor value should be comparable to whatever armor that class would normally be wearing. Since it's basically a shield rune but for armor instead of shields, I'd say it should be priced at the same value and cost 350 credits.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Isn't this technically what the glamrock would be for?
    It's kind of a sidegrade from the glamrock.

Worse than the glamrock (which I may have forgotten existed until you mentioned it!) in that it just sets a clothing object to be armor instead of holding multiple outfits, better than the glamrock in that it makes a clothing item permanent and cuts down on inventory spam (since you need to keep the clothes to reset the glamrock's outfits every 300 days).
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Perhaps, but I was also under the impression that they would not make armor type items non-decay ever.  Looking at help customization, anything that's been enchanted can't be made non-decay, so I'd imagine that includes great robes.
  • It does, yeah. It's why you can't attach the runes of Summer/Winter Bane to robes. The only armor that is non-decay is the masterplate (I think?).
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Ssaliss said:
    It does, yeah. It's why you can't attach the runes of Summer/Winter Bane to robes. The only armor that is non-decay is the masterplate (I think?).
    Greatrobes and splendours are permanentaly mendable, never degrading into a tawdry state, so they're kind of an 'action required permanent'

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I still think the gaudi glamrock is ridiculously expensive for something that is purely aesthetic. I want one to hide all my artifact spam but I can't justify it when there's useful things I need first. /necro rant

• Lavinya said:
    I still think the gaudi glamrock is ridiculously expensive for something that is purely aesthetic. I want one to hide all my artifact spam but I can't justify it when there's useful things I need first. /necro rant
    I wouldn't mind the price if the ensembles were permanent. Heck, I'd even take cutting the 10 ensemble limit down to like two if they were permanent.
    The ensembles needing to be set up again on a regular basis is the sole reason that I have not bought a glamrock.
  • A cracked mirror. Gives you the psymet mindfield defense against scrying.

Everyone would buy it!
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Akyaevin said:
    A cracked mirror. Gives you the psymet mindfield defense against scrying.

Everyone would buy it!
    But farscout!
  • Vivet said:
    But farscout!
    Exactly.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I'd still use my telescope just to see if I can tank the almighty burst... and then see who I can bait into scouting back ^-^

Honestly though, while that'd be a great artifact, I doubt they'd release it without a counter that reduces the damage taken and EQ loss duration from hitting mindfield.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Portius said:
    The ensembles needing to be set up again on a regular basis is the sole reason that I have not bought a glamrock.
    When I bought mine I set up aliases to remove everything I'm wearing and re-wear everything. It's much easier to remake my glamrock settings that way.
  • Vivet said:
    Glamrock would be enough if we had an easy/less spammy way of swapping around the order of items that are worn, like WORN SWAP <thing> AND <thing2>, instead of having to remove absolutely everything, then drop it, then pick it up in precisely the right order.
    Depending on the code base there might even be something like item x move up|down
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Steingrim said:
    Vivet said:
    Glamrock would be enough if we had an easy/less spammy way of swapping around the order of items that are worn, like WORN SWAP <thing> AND <thing2>, instead of having to remove absolutely everything, then drop it, then pick it up in precisely the right order.
    Depending on the code base there might even be something like item x move up|down
    This could be fine and lovely too, as an alternative.

• An ornately painted tambourine festooned with wispy spectral ribbons

Shake tambourine

Lets you become a member of the Sileni race. Bard speciality bonus.

Fawncloak: light bending filaments in your spotty pelt make it easier for you to blend into your surroundings and slightly harder to detect with the naked eye

Whistle: Charm a nightengale to join you in your travels

(Pretty pretty pleaaassssse)

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
    A Gnomish Reactor Core-250 credits or so

Activate to create inside an aethership to create a new module, a reactor core. Each core a ship has generates 10 power for the ship's reserves every Lusternian month, and increases the ship's power capacity by the same amount.

This is basically a powerplex jewel for aetherships. I'd go with ten power because that's the cost of a flashpoint fuse, and I want this because I'm tired of sitting around waiting for my reserves to refill so I can recharge travel ships.
    If you're recharging org travel ships, why not lock into the chair when they're docked in Halli and funnel the energy directly from the nexus?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

I did not know you could do that. This changes everything, thank you for pointing it out.
    Portius said:
    I did not know you could do that. This changes everything, thank you for pointing it out.
    Welcome, it's certainly one of those game-altering things. I use to do the same till I realise you can just fill the ship up from the helm.

• I could've sworn they added that artifact already in some form... I think it was a diamonut that attaches to somewhere. Could be auction-only though.
  • It does exist, purchasable via aethergoop.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • Ah, that's what it was! Aethergoop info 112:

Attaching this to an aethership's command chair will generate 5 power
    reserves for that ship each month. Additionally, this passive generation
    has the potential to drive the ship's reserves higher than is usually
    possible, up to a maximum of 125.

• A carving knife of the outdoors-man.

This item will speed up the carving of totems, allowing for near instant carving for your wonderful commune.

please? 
    :(
  • Bump! Looking for ideas for whimsical items!
  • So curios/dingbats?
  • (Whimsical gnomes playable race that is more suited for bards! They taught tinkering to bards so surely some of them are artistic.)

Silly mounts like a peep, a gingerbread horse or a candy corn camel.
    A witches brew that gives you a random minor buff but makes you do periodic frog emotes.