Artifact Ideas

Comments

• Non-rune artifacts I'd really like are: cubix/torus (I know, but they're still in presents I think?), cameo, tam  upgrade, changeling memory locket, the earth/fire/water rings, all the trade and divine artifacts (but they're really expensive in "bang for buck" terms). That gilded cage sounds nice, I'm forever cussing to myself about the amount of WSCs I waste looking for the next thing to hit.

I agree with Xenthos' point regarding the gem of cloaking; I think it was the second or third one I bought - my Mallet of Forging was the first.
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    At the moment I am mostly saving for lessons, but once that's done I plan to work my way slowly through the trade artifacts.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Shadow shroud.

Knew I forgot one, goddamn time based cloak -.-

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• perhaps have a standard artifact (in line with the commandant artifacts) that allows the leader to become a standard-bearer. 
    Daebach said:
    perhaps have a standard artifact (in line with the commandant artifacts) that allows the leader to become a standard-bearer. 
    They've already said several times they won't be doing this one.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Karlach said:
    Daebach said:
    perhaps have a standard artifact (in line with the commandant artifacts) that allows the leader to become a standard-bearer. 
    Wouldn't be the first time they went back on something

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Synkarin said:
    Karlach said:
    Daebach said:
    Wouldn't be the first time they went back on something
    True, but they seem rather adamant with this one.

Of course we'd all love a drunken dwarf bard with standard up just tanking all our bashes so no one ever has to worry about damage.

• I understand that it would take "skill" from the warriors, but perhaps give them a slight "buff" for owning the artifact as well.. Perhaps slightly more dmp resist or damage (for mobs only) that way it's not really "wasting" the knights skill but gives others a chance to bash some things that are aggressive with friends that cannot take most of the damage from the aggressive mobs.
    I'm not exactly against it, though I do think it just pushes a Pandora's box of "what other skills can we make into artifacts" but that's a concern more than a prophecy. I do think however the response you'll get is "Just classflex Knight."

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    There is precedent for skills being made into general artifacts - the nose being the best example. Add to it the skunk things, the farscout telescopes, boots of the wanderer, even the umbrellas, and I'm sure there are more. I think being able to raise a standard would be awesome for taking little people bashing.

I really disliked the farscout telescope, but then again I dislike farscout as an actual ability, far too meta. Skunking, scenting, cloak, pathfind are all non singular class specific and are shared amongst several.

When I mean Pandora's box I'm thinking class specific abilities, such as farscout. Imagine an artifact that did Bard inspire, mage beneficiary meld effects. I'm not against it for reasons I've already stated, having a drunk dwarfbard do all the tanking so I can spend less time watching my health and gain killspeed not having to tank hindering effects would be lovely. I'm just concerned it'll lead to a slippery slope of "Well we got X, why not ask for Y."

I also still think the likely response is "Classflex fixes your problem." I'd love to be very wrong though.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited May 2014
    I doubt we'd get class-specific buffs as an artifact. The pattern is that we get purely utility abilities, as has happened with farscout and a number of totem abilities. In fact, with the way they kept ripping off totem skills, it was about time something like the farscout telescope came out too. 
  • Karlach said:
    I really disliked the farscout telescope, but then again I dislike farscout as an actual ability, far too meta. 
    How is farscout meta? You can already scry or window. You can technically write a script that does this for each person on a list. Sure it will take longer but it gets you the same info. At least thanks to the artifact it is available to everyone rather than certain classes.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
    Rialorm said:
    Karlach said:
    I really disliked the farscout telescope, but then again I dislike farscout as an actual ability, far too meta. 
    How is farscout meta? You can already scry or window. You can technically write a script that does this for each person on a list. Sure it will take longer but it gets you the same info. At least thanks to the artifact it is available to everyone rather than certain classes.
    The option to see 30 people in a single eq with no drawbacks and no way to counter or block or even divert.

• You should envoy it.

Karlach said:

Rialorm said:

Karlach said:

The option to see 30 people in a single eq with no drawbacks and no way to counter or block or even divert.

There are far more meta ways of scoping than farscout. Plus there are ways to counter and block it. Class flex fixes your problem!

It's also a pretty silly argument to say we shouldn't have more skill ripoff artifacts because "when will it end! !!!!! 11!!!"

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Karlach said:

Rialorm said:

Karlach said:

Classflex Psymet monk; lock mindfield

/hides

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Artifact idea: Diadem of Misdirection.

If scried/mapped/farscouted and not in the same area as the scryer, this returns a random room from the game.

Bracers of Yudhe: Like an RoA, but only works on non-physical attacks. (doesn't RoA only work on physical?)

Rune of Magnora's Devouring Maw attach to a piece of non-armor clothing to make it permanent/resetting/nondecay. Slaying a mob heals you slightly as per Crowform's passive.

Rune of Dynara's Song: Attach to a piece of non-armor clothing to make it permanent/resetting/nondecay. Slaying a mob heals a random ally in your room for a small percent of their max h/m/e.

Clasp of the Sileni: attach to an instrument to make it permanent/resetting/nondecay. While wielded, your race will be shown as Sileni. Purely cosmetic.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    The artifact that reduces stun/blackout etc by 20%

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Synkarin said:
    Rialorm said:
    Karlach said:
    There are far more meta ways of scoping than farscout. Plus there are ways to counter and block it. Class flex fixes your problem! It's also a pretty silly argument to say we shouldn't have more skill ripoff artifacts because "when will it end! !!!!! 11!!!"

Ripoff arties are pretty crappy for the guilds that got ripped off. IMO all ripoff arties should have a significant disadvantage to the real skills. Otherwise, things become ridiculous to balance and when the meta is raised with these artifacts, the guilds that already had it don't raise with them by nature of already having the skill. Guild keeps their skill while the rest of the game gets the skill plus their own unique ones. Sucks bawls. Really a trend I wish we'd stop.

But since totems has already been gutted for dingbat arties, bringon the farscout teleposcopes and rubeus earrings!

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Karlach said:
    Rialorm said:
    Karlach said:
    Except when you land on 3 psymet monks in one go and end up off-bal for 24s. (Not to mention the 800-ish damage/monk)

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Shaddus said:
    Artifact idea: Diadem of Misdirection. If scried/mapped/farscouted and not in the same area as the scryer, this returns a random room from the game. 
    I like this one a lot, but I can always be found with thirdeye if anybody wants to decapitate me. :D
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."

Silly Celina, you can't use actual logic to argue on these forums. You must cry with reckless abandon about the injustices that reside within. For it was not being argued that ripping off skills was bad, but that if we continue we'll go down a slippery slope that we won't be able to retreat out of. 

Plus I want my Handkerchief of Ectoplasm.

Another note, Illusion wands please.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Elanorwen said:
    Karlach said:
    Rialorm said:
    Karlach said:
    Except when you land on 3 psymet monks in one go and end up off-bal for 24s. (Not to mention the 800-ish damage/monk)

You could, and I know this will sound crazy, not farscout psymet monks. 

• Handkerchief of Ectoplasm. I can imagine the messages it would use. I love it. I want one!

Existing artifacts... I would buy the Endowment of the Arts. If the pliers were about a third of their current price, I'd consider those, too, though I like Xenthos' idea much better.

Synkarin said:

Plus I want my Handkerchief of Ectoplasm.

Synkarin blows his nose into a silken handkerchief, which does little to keep the mass of snot and phlegm from spraying across you in a sticky mass.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Celina said:

You could, and I know this will sound crazy, not farscout psymet monks. 

I try to avoid it, but it happens now and again. Being a melder tends to mean that I have to have lots of people on my enemy list. *shrug*

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    More masks, please
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Juliana's Diadem - speeds up recovery from astral insanity by 100%
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Dowsing rod - dingbat item that, for either a small balance cost or none at all, tells you whether anything is buried at your location.