Artifact Ideas

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Shaddus said:
    Allow us to RACEHAT HIDE to make racehats not show up in our appearance or in guild inventory/appraise. 
    THIS SO MUCH THIS. I can hide the fact that I'm a changeling, I should be able to hide the fact that my race is all for show too. Touch to activate it maybe, for people who don't use it constantly, though I imagine the majority of racehat wearers never take them off.

• edited May 2014
    There is an artifact that will hide the hat. You can also customize your hats. You just don't want to pay for it.

And, some people have multiple hats to change it up a bit.

I only wish I could see my TRUE race on SCORE. I quite often forget what I am.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited May 2014
    So here's a crazy little idea for a dingbat item: a gnomish spybot! You can order it to move around remotely, and it'll tell you anything said in the room it's stationed in. It can be destroyed like any mob, at which point it will return to its owner and not be useable for a time. These bots are not cloakable (can be seen on look and maybe/maybe not have a message on entry).
  • Iasmos said:
    There is an artifact that will hide the hat. You just don't want to pay for it.

Doesn't that artifact hide everything? 
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Rivius said:
    So here's a crazy little idea for a dingbat item: a gnomish spybot! You can order it to move around remotely, and it'll tell you anything said in the room it's stationed in. It can be destroyed like any mob, at which point it will return to its owner and not be useable for a time. These bots are not cloakable (can be seen on look and maybe/maybe not have a message on entry).
    WHAT - TOTAL RIBBACHI RIPOFF - WE CAN'T RIP OFF SKILLS!!!11!!!

/sarcasm

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Parua said:
    Iasmos said:

Non-jewelry items. And?

• Iasmos said:
    Parua said:
    Iasmos said:

Non-jewelry items. And?
    I think the idea is just to hide the hat, not everything you are wearing. 
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • Parua said:
    I think the idea is just to hide the hat, not everything you are wearing. 
    Yes, I got that. I disagree with it. The hats are simple devices to allow RP of a different race. If you want to hide your "fake" race, at least pay to customize the hat.

• You failed to understand the "customize the hat" part. Lots of people wear hats. Change the look of the hat to fit your RP, and they'll never know you're a liar.

• But what if people don't want to wear hats?
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    edited May 2014
    On the subject of hats. I was told you can make the outer appearance (the short desc) be almost anything you want. The example I was given is that it would say 'Rabbit Ears' and the dropped dsc would say a hat with rabbit ears, and then the desc would describe it as a hat with rabbit ears on the brim.

While I think this is a really CRAPPY solution, it is the best one as of right now. Personally I'm still trying to figure out a proper hat look for a feral/tribal Lobo look since we are unable to change it's item as a hat. 
  • These things only cost 50 dingbats. If you're spending money on an RP device AND you're worried about that one person who would look at your description and cry foul, I fully expect you to shell out another 50 credits to customize the hat into something more appropriate to your RP.

Why is Munsia the only person who gets it?

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I just see it like the changeling cameo. You can wear it, and everyone knows, or you can not wear it, and still enjoy all the benefits. Why not make it the same for racehats? Why should we have to hide ALL our clothing (and some of us care about what designs we choose to wear) just so we can actually play the game with decent stats, AND still enjoy the rp of our chosen race? The racehat is a simple fix to the problem; not being able to see it would be even better.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Yes, statpacks please.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited May 2014
    Stat paaaacks! I love the idea. Especially if they affect the adjective before your race in your description. 

Race hat refunds and one free reincarnation for everyone!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Then who would buy a cameo?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    edited May 2014
    Who cares?

EDIT: Protip: it would still allow you to swap around more quickly. Those types of artifacts do exist in games with statpacks.
  • I know I have suggested this before but I would love:

A pipe that can act as three pipes.

This is really mainly for so I have one pipe and not three sitting in my inv.
    Ditto enchantments that can hold multiple things (though I'm pretty sure both of these aren't done for practical reasons).
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Iasmos said:

Are you really that cheerful about the company you're keeping in this argument?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

New races! One time daggers that turn you into that race with stats. Can not change to this rave via changeling cameo. Unique flavor assuming the races is a solid one.

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Shaddus said:
    Iasmos said:

Are you really that cheerful about the company you're keeping in this argument?
    I'm one of the more rational people in this game. I just have a wrath that belongs in Germany during World War II
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Celina said:

New races! One time daggers that turn you into that race with stats. Can not change to this rave via changeling cameo. Unique flavor assuming the races is a solid one.

If you're referring to Imperian's deal this month, I wish I had known about it.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    New races would flop so hard without statpacks though, it'd be way too hard to balance the statlines.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    an ever-smouldering obsidian tinderbox

Functions just like a tinderbox, for all those awkward moments that you need one. Also doubles as an unlimited ignite enchantment! Rub tinderbox to ignite yourself, or point it at other people to ignite them.