Artifact Ideas

Comments

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Scroll of Vanity

Works like a scroll of laurels, except it lets you set your description to whatever you want, subject to admin approval. The point of this is to let us have descriptions without the "he is an <adjective> <race> and" part at the beginning.

Since it doesn't do all that much it should be cheap, but not too cheap since it would really need admin approval. 50 credits, maybe, to put it on par with a customization? You could even let people buy more than one and have a command to switch between them.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited June 2014
    oh, oh, oh I want a tinderbox reminiscent of Shikari's healing shrine!

ported to aethergoop!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• It may have been brought up before, but what about artifact rentals?

Allow renting of some artifacts for periods of 30,60, and 90 irl days for some fraction of their credit cost. They would still be available for outright purchase, but they can be quite expensive to buy and we live in an era of microtransactions!
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Can the Silver Shovel be used to dig pits?

If not, can it be used please, getting sick of having to make a new shovel mid fight, even if the mental image of chaos and turmoil ongoing while an Orclach sits in the corner doing a bit of DIY makes me snigger.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Karlach said:
    Can the Silver Shovel be used to dig pits?

If not, can it be used please, getting sick of having to make a new shovel mid fight, even if the mental image of chaos and turmoil ongoing while an Orclach sits in the corner doing a bit of DIY makes me snigger.
    I'm going to sound stupid here, but keep in mind that I've only ever played one tracker before. Ever.

You need a shovel to dig pits, but the silver shovel doesn't work?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    I'm not sure if it does, hence me asking. And if it doesn't, can it do so please.

And yes, yes you need one.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited June 2014
    Silver shovel should make pits 3 times as deep so you have to climb out 3 times, but are Unhittable until reaching the last level. Totally

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • The silver shovel works for digging pits. In fact, the maw works, too!

Ah, excellent. Thanks @Iasmos!

• A rune of enchantment

when attached to a piece of jewelry, it allows that piece of jewelry to hold up to 10 enchantments, which make be used as if they were on separate pieces of jewelry. this piece of jewelry becomes permanent and never decays. 

You are limited by the nature of the enchantment itself and the jewelry piece. Meaning you can't put a blasthorn enchantment on a ring with that rune on it. A ring cannot hold more than 10 charges.

An enchanted bracelet/armband/ etc. (you get to chose)
    ------------------

same as the above except that it holds more charges per enchantment and you can put all sorts of enchantments of it.  You can charge it directly from your power reserves if you've got the skill to fill a powerstone. 

Cost more credits naturally. 

is dead like the dodo
  • You can use multiple runes to boost the number of charges. If you choose a brooch, you get a fair number of charges to start. Also, get a cube and some regulators to auto-recharge your enchantments. (I've got 20 basically bottomless enchantments. So convenient!)

• @Iasmos that's not the purpose of my idea!

Instead of having 10 brings and a bazillion piece of shiny jewelry you're forced to wear as a character. You only need one or two at most for all your enchantments. For example, with ring enchantments (waterwalk, waterbreathe, levitate etc) all you need is ONE ring. Then we all can actually get back to wearing jewelry for IC reasons, instead of being forced to by the mechanics of the game.

The charge thing? just a bonus. 
    is dead like the dodo
  • There are no "ring enchantments." You pick out any jewelry you like and then have it enchanted with any one spell. You're essentially asking for a whole new syntax to activate spells because "rub 1234" would be ambiguous.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited July 2014
    Iasmos said:
    There are no "ring enchantments." You pick out any jewelry you like and then have it enchanted with any one spell. You're essentially asking for a whole new syntax to activate spells because "rub 1234" would be ambiguous.
    You can already rub by enchantment name, so a new syntax would not need to be implemented.

Edit: That's not to say there would not need to be other behind-the-scenes changes to make this work, because there would be; a new syntax is not the issue, though!
  • Using enchantments by name is syntactic sugar. This idea is possible, but I personally don't see it as worthwhile.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    ....then don't buy one. Wtf.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I think he means "Worthwhile for the admins to spend time coding". This exact thing has been suggested  a few times before, and (iirc) not done those previous times due to coding concerns.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

Something tells me the admin don't need players chiming in on what is and is not an appropriate or worthwhile use of their time.

"Artifact ideas," not "how to best delegate the administration's time." 

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited July 2014
    Indeed, they've previously said that this is not a worthwhile use of their time.

EDIT: Not to say that can't change, but perhaps it would be better to say: "It's not a worthwhile use of our/your time trying to convince coders to work on something that's already been said isn't a good use of their time."
  • The wording of the idea was a little confusing, also.
    1. There is an artifact already called "Great Rune of Enchantment."
    2. "Same as above?" Is this a second, unnamed suggestion?
    3. As far as I know, no one can fill a powerstone.
    4. Why would you recharge this from your power reserves instead of a cube?

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    A couple of shameless steals of items that I find amusing from another IRE:

- WHISPERING BAND: A little eerie perhaps, but the must have item for those who simply have to know whenever their name pops up. Though you'll feel a little shivering signal, no one else will be aware of just now intense your megalomania has gotten.
    (In other words, whenever someone sends a command that involves your name in some fashion, you get notified. Feel like a Divine by knowing whenever your name is mentioned. Of course, technically speaking, it is partially useless... because most cases you don't know who and in what context)

- WEDDING OFFICIARY CHAIN: Be there to bring the bonds of matrimony to your friends and neighbors without having to rely upon divine sanctioning or an order member.
    (Granted, this one could be better served as city privs for high ranking members/certain aides, but if we're not getting that, this would be a good runner up)

- ESCAPE CLAWS: Never again be trapped in another's manse with no way out! Usable within manses, simply ESCAPE whilst holding these claws and they'll suck you back to the Aetherplex area. Only usable once per day.
    (Granted these days I haven't heard of many people getting trapped in manses... still, might probably serve some purpose)

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Something for enchanters that acts like the mallet for forgers. Faster enchanting and allows for tempering robe stats.
  • I think they've said no in the past to tempering robes but I don't think anyone would mind if they let something like that go through.

4 of 5 archetypes wear robes although monks can go with tattoos instead. Leather is sub par and isn't very practical. For most of us it's robes or bust.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Tempering robe stats would be a neat benefit.  I'd just settle for faster enchanting.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Lanceti Stone-Lets you learn a racial language, exactly like the bookbinding skill. Adds a language slot if you already have the skill.

I'd be willing to pay a maximum of about 50 credits for that, and I'd be looking at getting at least two.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited August 2014
    Anti-Gravedigger boots!

Super-heavy Anti-oleanvir-rocs backpack.
    Rivius said:
    Anti-Gravedigger boots!
    Hover boots, makes you immune to gravedigger, icedigger and sandworm pits.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited August 2014
    Star-Lord's rocket-booster ankle braces!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Treads of absent rhythm
    Kalnid said:
    Treads of absent rhythm
    Kristopher Valken's Boots of choice.

Obscure connected reference time!