Artifact Ideas

Comments

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I just want to dream~

I feel the waste each time I hit a WSC, heh.

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Following the pattern of Portius being too lazy to go to shops and wanting artifacts to enable his laziness:

Gnomazon Prime Account:

May REGISTER ACCOUNT at one shop, either aether or normal. Can they do ACCOUNT WARES and ACCOUNT BUY to shop there wherever you are. A delivery gnome will bring your stuff around when you buy it, maybe after a brief (teleport cast time or so) delay.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Vivet said:

I just want to dream~

Hunt something tankier.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Portius said:

Following the pattern of Portius being too lazy to go to shops and wanting artifacts to enable his laziness:

Gnomazon Prime Account:

May REGISTER ACCOUNT at one shop, either aether or normal. Can they do ACCOUNT WARES and ACCOUNT BUY to shop there wherever you are. A delivery gnome will bring your stuff around when you buy it, maybe after a brief (teleport cast time or so) delay.

A delivery gnome... or a delivery gnomazon?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Gnomish somethingclever:

Cheap artifact to make one tattoo visible through clothing. Can be toggled on or off, but not changed to a different tattoo once set.
  • Can't you set a tattoo as PRIZED and accomplish that already?
    The TATTOOS command for it told me that I couldn't because it was covered. If there's a different command that can accomplish that, I don't know it.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited March 2015
    You may also favour one of your tattoos, which means that one tattoo (so long as it is not covered by clothing) will be visible on a brief examination of yourself.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice

Super Mega Ultra Snazzy Shiny Wyrden Rune of Glassworking

Works like the regular glassworking rune, except better. You can link up to 20 liquids to one vial.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    But it makes you bleed when you drink from those vials.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    You know, I'd love if they offered that.  Though I don't know what I'd do with all my sorcelled vials then.
  • Artifact tattoo.
    Tattoo of the Masters: 500 credits
    - Permanently allows an Omnitattoo.
    - One use and the Tattoo disappears.
    - May only use one Tattoo of the Masters.
    - INK Tattoo to activate
    - ACTIVATE Tattoo for <tattoo type>
    Allows person to swap in and out a single tattoo effect.
    If I'm recalling correctly, the clan slot artifact gives one slot, yes? I wouldn't mind seeing one that did five at a go, perhaps with a slight discount.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Tarkenton said:

If I'm recalling correctly, the clan slot artifact gives one slot, yes? I wouldn't mind seeing one that did five at a go, perhaps with a slight discount.

Dunno, I find it more convenient to just go and buy a bubble then pop it when I need to join a clan and am out of slots than to consider buying five slots in one go. Chances are you won't get a request to join five clans that you don't have slots for at once.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Maybe he's really popular!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    I'm more fishing for the Costco theory of bulk purchasing. Buy four, get one free sort of thing.
    Bulk discount would be good for people who are alting and know that they're eventually going to be in a ridiculous number of cartels.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Portius said:

Bulk discount would be good for people who are alting and know that they're eventually going to be in a ridiculous number of cartels.

Or for people that -really just need clan slots-. I am one of those people.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    I really want one of each cartel. It's in my plan.I wouldn't mind getting more slots at a slight discount in bulk, but I'll end up buying them anyways.
  • Tarkenton said:

Given the way cartels work in Lusternia it does seem that there's a higher need for clan slots here than in say Achaea.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Vivet said:

I just want to dream~

What about DamageShift?

• Qistrel said:

Vivet said:

I just want to dream~

What about DamageShift?
    Doesn't work on aethermobs.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    So, today I was thinking that having a combat-capable bodyguard would be cool and figured that a custom beast would be the way to do that. To my dismay, humanoid beasts are explicitly forbidden. This displeases me, so I present two options that would make me happy:

1. Just remove that ban on humanoid beasts, or let manse dwellers buy beast bashing and bodyguard abilities. This is easy but less fluffy. Probably the preferable option, but I like giving alternatives.

2. We get a new npc-artifact thing that works as a bashing aid. I shall call it a bodyguard.

A. A bodyguard has health and can be killed like a beast, which puts it on a similar timer before it can be recalled.

B. Bodyguards can be summoned/dismissed like beasts.
    B1. Maybe allow people to have more than one out at once, up to a cap of X.

C. Bodyguards have two functions: bashing and bodyguarding.
    C1.These only trigger against denizens and not players to keep it from becoming a PvP necessity. Don't even allow them to trigger against conflict relevenat denizens like fleshpots or spheres, if that's feasible. This does mean that they are killable by players (to get them out of an area once you've chased off the owner, for example) and that they cannot fight back against players who are killing them. Unfluffy, but it does keep them out of PvP.
    C2.The bodyguard should have a significantly lower chance to trigger than beast bodyguard, to avoid either making beasts obsolete or making people who are packing both unkillable.
    C3. Bashing should probably do comparable damage to a beast bash.

D. They should be customizable just like custom beasts, but allow humanoid designs.
    D1. Maybe sell a few generic models for people who want one but don't want to go to the trouble of designing their own. "A loyal viscanti retainer", "a grizzled aslaran mercenary" or things like that.
    D2. Make the bashing and bodyguarding messages customizable too. Shouldn't matter for systems if they can't target other players.
    D3. Let people choose their bodyguard's damage type. You could default it to blunt or cutting or magic and then let people pay X extra credits to change it to another type. Could scale the price based on the type's general usefulness for bashing.

----

I'd personally go with option 1 for simplicity, but option 2 is cool and maybe not horribly powercreepy.
    I hear Entrias has wayfaire beast eggs for sale in Aerochem for a fraction of what that would cost you.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Customizable hair couture. It allows you to change up your hair and the colour of what it looks like at the end of your description. You can change it once every IG month, maybe? It'd probably go for about 100-200 credits.

Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Arien said:

Customizable hair couture. It allows you to change up your hair and the colour of what it looks like at the end of your description. You can change it once every IG month, maybe? It'd probably go for about 100-200 credits.

Hair curios do this kinda, sorta already?
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Kinda, but not really? Instead of fully customisable hair, you have a set of hair curios to pick from, or choose to go without it. The colour at the end of your description is really cool, and if you could have it the way you wanted it would be even cooler. Would gladly pay 150 credits for the ability to have my hair look like what it did before it was always in a braid with a black ribbon.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Tremula said:

Kinda, but not really? Instead of fully customisable hair, you have a set of hair curios to pick from, or choose to go without it. The colour at the end of your description is really cool, and if you could have it the way you wanted it would be even cooler. Would gladly pay 150 credits for the ability to have my hair look like what it did before it was always in a braid with a black ribbon.

It would have the influence bonus as well. But choosing between some premades can be difficult for people who love customization. It would be a neat feature to have.
    Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
    I'd be willing to pay 100 credits just to have a custom hair or beard curio. Just saying.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Shaddus said:

I'd be willing to pay 100 credits just to have a custom hair or beard curio. Just saying.

Why can't you customize a curio?