Artifact Ideas

Comments

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited August 2015
    o An artifact that lets you cone to your nexus.

o An artifact that lets you summon your squad to you for 10p with SQUAD SUMMON. Takes the same amount of time as summoning one person does, is restricted by all the same things planar summon is restricted by, and user cannot utilize any other actions or it will break the summon.
  • Cone to nexus plz.
  • Have you seen Astral recently? It doesn't need any more pressure!
  • No because I don't have cone.

:D
  • Sphere of Power: Allows powerstones to be folded into it, which makes the sphere absorb all power in the powerstone (up to some limit, like 100 powerstones worth).
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    No cone artifacts. SDs/MDs already get screwed enough with all of totems having been bastardized into artifacts. 
  • Yeah, so you're used to it. Cone artifacts. Go.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm confused. Which totems got turned into artifacts besides half of Wolf?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Collar of a Different Colour: 325 credits.

Works precisely like a collar of the dracnari beastmasters. In addition, automatically zimoru's the beast it is attached to at the first of the month.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Portius said:
    In addition to (or instead of) an artifact to reset family status, how about some artifacts that are specifically aimed at the family system? I think I'll propose that they be fluffed as family traditions because that makes more sense than physical items for this kind of thing, but the same mechanics apply. They're all things that I'd like to see changed in the family system, either as artifacts or not, but I don't know how big a deal any of them would be to change and I haven't deeply considered all of the possible gameplay implications. I've probably suggested a few of these before.

Tradition of Patronage: Allows the family head and anyone that s/he authorizes OFFER PATRONAGE TO <PLAYER> to bring that player into the family as a retainer. A retainer counts as a member of the family for the purposes of family size and honor generation, but the retainer cannot pass on the family status to spouses or children. A person who is already part of a different family can become a retainer, at which point they stop counting as a member of their original family for family size and honor generation. Both the patron and the retainer can break the relationship at any time, with honor loss comparable to a person rejecting family. This one is especially good because it lets people get involved in families without committing their character to actually being a noble in the families where that sort of thing is relevant.

Tradition of Polygamy: People in this family can have multiple spouses. No matter how many marriages a person is involved in, they can only ever be in one family at a time.

Tradition of Aristocratic Marriage: Members of this family can propose to their cousins, aunts/uncles, and any more distant relations. Useful because Hallifax (and I assume most other orgs) is preposterously inbred as it is and this would make marriage more convenient.

Tradition of Disproportionate Influence: Your family counts as being 1 person bigger than it really is for determining lesser and greathouse status. Can be stacked up to some reasonable cap that prevents two person greathouses. Useful because getting 50 people is an incredibly steep requirement given Lusternia's current population.

Tradition of Secularism: Your family patron can now be set to "Secular" which gives an honor trickle for people who are not members of any order instead of being in the patron's order. Useful for family's that don't want to align themselves with a specific god and for those that specifically want to embrace secularism and mortal power.

Tradition of Polytheism: Can have a second family patron for the purposes of honor trickle. Stackable up to some reasonable limit. Should probably be mutually exclusive with Secularism for thematic reasons.

I like these, but I also feel like they should just be part of the system as it stands.  Like, for a significant honour cost you could take on a tradition. But I also wish the system would let us spend honour >_>.

Also, while I'm here WICCAN QUEST FAE ARTEFACTS :P
  • Shaddus said:
    I'm confused. Which totems got turned into artifacts besides half of Wolf?
    Horse gives Leap (pogo) and Stag gives Sprint (surfboard? not like sprint isn't available elsewhere).
    I've always thought the surfboard was Psymet Gliding, but fair enough.
  • Technically, gliding is the same thing as sprint, anyway. Just with waterwalk as well.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Don't forget skunk and groundhog.

• Groundhog was obviously stolen from geomancy first!
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Totemic Talisman:
    Allows the owner to SPIRITBOND nature spirits he or she is not in the presence of, such as Tree, Rock, River, Night, Sun, or Moon without a sacred tree, mountain, water, or time of day.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Or you can just spend 5p and spiritbond nature! 
  • Luce said:
    Totemic Talisman:
    Allows the owner to SPIRITBOND nature spirits he or she is not in the presence of, such as Tree, Rock, River, Night, Sun, or Moon without a sacred tree, mountain, water, or time of day.
    Sun and Night only work during the appropriate time anyway.... 
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Salome said:
    [A fesix letter pouch/ a delicate silken keepsake pouch/ A glittering letterbox] - Allows the player to keep up to thirty letters forever, able to put in desks, never decays. 50 dingbats.

The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    How about an artifact that gives you a chance to resist commands? Stacks with that Stag facepaint.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    edited August 2015
    I want a use for corpses that isn't offering. Thus, I want this:

GNOMISH SAUSAGE GRINDER

Waste not, want not! Or at least that's what people on aetherbubbles with tiny biospheres say. You can SHOVE CORPSE INTO GRINDER to load it, and when you have enough essence worth of corpses in the grinder you can GRIND CARCASSES to make a delicious (as long as you don't think about where it came from) sausage. Eating a sausage gives a short (hour or so) buff to health, mana, or ego. 1/8 or some such thing. Either let the player choose what they get, make it random, or base it off of the corpses used to make the sausage. Could also add in other things like temporary xp buffs or cosmetic effects. Bonus points if you get special cosmetic effects from eating a sausage that was mostly made of fae/angels/demons/whatever other cool corpses there are.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    edited August 2015

Or some delicious meat pies, savoury and sweet pies.

God that's good.

• Portius said:
    I want a use for corpses that isn't offering. Thus, I want this:

GNOMISH SAUSAGE GRINDER

Waste not, want not! Or at least that's what people on aetherbubbles with tiny biospheres say. You can SHOVE CORPSE INTO GRINDER to load it, and when you have enough essence worth of corpses in the grinder you can GRIND CARCASSES to make a delicious (as long as you don't think about where it came from) sausage. Eating a sausage gives a short (hour or so) buff to health, mana, or ego. 1/8 or some such thing. Either let the player choose what they get, make it random, or base it off of the corpses used to make the sausage. Could also add in other things like temporary xp buffs or cosmetic effects. Bonus points if you get special cosmetic effects from eating a sausage that was mostly made of fae/angels/demons/whatever other cool corpses there are.
    Pfft, just have them make sausage PLATTERs to buff health.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Some of us want to keep our tradeskills relevant. >=(
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Heh. Con platters do not make cooking relevant. 
  • Enyalida said:
    Personally, I'd rather not make cooking less relevant than it already is though. There's little enough demand for cooking as it is, let's not make an artifact to duplicate what actually is in demand.
  • :(

Can kisses of the fates last 24 hours of play time please?

It's sucky to pay the credits and not get the full benefit out of it unless I forgo sleep >_<
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie

Ssaliss said:
    Enyalida said:
    Personally, I'd rather not make cooking less relevant than it already is though. There's little enough demand for cooking as it is, let's not make an artifact to duplicate what actually is in demand.

I was thinking something that stacked with platters. Platters are cheap, so I don't think an artifact that required corpse inputs (or any input, really) could compete with them. It'd have to be in addition to platters or it'd be a worthless artifact.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    The new artifacts are fine and all, but for the love of the dead Glom baby, can we maybe turn tarot or harmony into artifacts instead of always treating the Shadowdancer/Moondancer skillsets as if they are a buffet line?

On top of horse, wolf, and flight (domoth power), you now get the only high level coven ability worth using AND cone as artifacts. The ONLY reason to go wiccan now is toad. Their utility is now entirely purchaseable. That sucks for Wiccans hardcore.

I get it, we need new artifacts, but can we spread the love please? Can just build your own wiccan at this point and all of tarot is still untouched. Empress artifact, or maybe 1 power tumble, please and thank you.