Artifact Ideas

Comments

• As an Institute Astrologer, I have access to literally every damage type. I'd like magic runes back plz.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    I would love to see something that can be used to stop small creatures dead in their tracks. As someone who's spent a lot of their time in the game chasing after small little buggers, who manage to often jump two rooms before I even realize that there was just one, I would propose the following:

Sphere of curiosity

Drop at specific location, it'll attract all denizens of a specific type that are not stronger then x to a certain point. Takes a few minutes to charge up, then all of the creature type it's attuned to, provided they don't match limiting critera, will be stopped dead in their tracks if they enter the rooms and are drawn from adjacent rooms (maybe up to x rooms away? ). Effect lasts for about 10 minutes and has a 15 minute cooldown. (It's a rough draft, trying to think of something that's actually useful without making the whole thing a breeze). Main idea here is to cut down the amount of time spent chasing large groups of specific items / denizens without erradicating the need to hunt them completely.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited September 2015
    I remember there was some demand some time ago for an artifact that imitated Ritual's Via. 

Another totally OP but sure to be a great seller is a carcer artifact. I'd rather see that in something more expensive though, like a wonder item.
  • Last chance for ideas!
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    As I forgot who mentioned a while back, make an artifact that does TAROT CATACOMBS. I miss it when I'm not flexed into tarot.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Can we get a wearable artifact rune/mote/tarot bag. That allows more than the base 1K cap and allows the infinite artifacts (for runes/motes/tarotcards) to be placed inside it as well.
    edited September 2015
    Gnafia Broadcaster (terrible stand-in name): Allows you to send a message over the CT of any one org once an IG year. Message appears anonymous and may have random garbling.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Also, allow the 25 dingbat rune of hiding to be attached to tarot decks/dreamcatchers/rune bags.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited September 2015
    1)Have I mentioned Monocles? Basically, you could wear two at a time. Each one would allow some sensory skill to be constsantly up. Deathsight, Thirdeye, SeeAura*, Ghostsight+ etc.... A 2K Credit arty would be the TrueSight Monocle, which lets you see stealthed/shrouded/veiled/phased/disguised individuals and would allow you to scy/WHO Cloaked players as well.

2)Bardic Music Boxes. They are actually named after the bard guild of the city/guild you belong to, useless for rogues(you can only have one, but it will either change when you join a new commune/city or be fully  refundable). So GLommies could get Harbinger Music Boxes. When it plays, it shields everyone in the area if they are allies/nonenemied-squadmates/commune-citymates and it's appropriate terrain for your  Org. IIRC this is  bard skill, if so it copies that instead of the above.

3)Cloak of the Entourage. Lets your entourage follow you, even if they normally couldn't, so as long as you can fly/leap/waterbeathe/waterwalk, so can the Bards and Scholars or Squad you are gathering/leading, won't work for level restricted areas(the Havens/Newtons). Will also let someone follow you into territory they are enemied to. If that's too powerful, it could just work like Antigrav disk(people following you can fly)+unity(stops you if a player in your squad can't move in that direction/is off bal/eq etc..).

*SeeAura lets you know what lowmagic defenses are currently active on a player. A highmagic version SeeSpheres makes sense to me.
    +let's you see "phased" persons in your area. Dreambody/Ghostform(or whatever the necramancy skill is called) etc...

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

An artifact that lets you go out of phase, but all you can do with it is move around, and your body is left behind and exposed. Returning to your body from out of phase costs significant balance.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Tylwyth said:
    1)Have I mentioned Monocles? Basically, you could wear two at a time. Each one would allow some sensory skill to be constsantly up. Deathsight, Thirdeye, SeeAura*, Ghostsight+ etc.... A 2K Credit arty would be the TrueSight Monocle, which lets you see stealthed/shrouded/veiled/phased/disguised individuals and would allow you to scy/WHO Cloaked players as well.

2)Bardic Music Boxes. They are actually named after the bard guild of the city/guild you belong to, useless for rogues(you can only have one, but it will either change when you join a new commune/city or be fully  refundable). So GLommies could get Harbinger Music Boxes. When it plays, it shields everyone in the area if they are allies/nonenemied-squadmates/commune-citymates and it's appropriate terrain for your  Org. IIRC this is  bard skill, if so it copies that instead of the above.

3)Cloak of the Entourage. Lets your entourage follow you, even if they normally couldn't, so as long as you can fly/leap/waterbeathe/waterwalk, so can the Bards and Scholars or Squad you are gathering/leading, won't work for level restricted areas(the Havens/Newtons). Will also let someone follow you into territory they are enemied to. If that's too powerful, it could just work like Antigrav disk(people following you can fly)+unity(stops you if a player in your squad can't move in that direction/is off bal/eq etc..).

*SeeAura lets you know what lowmagic defenses are currently active on a player. A highmagic version SeeSpheres makes sense to me.
    +let's you see "phased" persons in your area. Dreambody/Ghostform(or whatever the necramancy skill is called) etc...

These are all obscenely powerful.
    Also, allow the 25 dingbat rune of hiding to be attached to tarot decks/dreamcatchers/rune bags.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    And Crow Cloaks...

• Boots of Trail walking.
    WHen path walking, you will stick to the roads as much as possible.

• Trailblazer's Boots:

An upgrade to Boots of the Wanderer, lets you create pathways as if you had the appropriate skill. 
    Tylwyth said:
    Shaddus said:
    And Crow Cloaks...
    So what's to keep, let's say, Serenwilde from stealing a Crow Cloak and runing it to have one permanently?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Shaddus said:
    Tylwyth said:
    Shaddus said:
    And Crow Cloaks...
    So what's to keep, let's say, Serenwilde from stealing a Crow Cloak and runing it to have one permanently?
    The fact that the admin expressly rejected making Crow Cloaks permanent, and as such the Rune of Hiding should not work on it.  You need to buy the Book of the Dead if you want undead influencing permanently.  /me eyes Tylwyth.
    Professional disarming gloves - Disarming traps carefully no longer costs power
  • Rivius said:
    Professional disarming gloves - Disarming traps carefully no longer costs power
    That'd be more appropriate as a tool kit rather than gloves, I think
  • 1)Boots of Elemental Walking/Gloves of Elemental Tending(same diff), One for each element. Wearing the gloves while moving around on the appropriate plane(e.i. Glove of Air Tending on the Air Plane) means you can move around without being subject to random movement(but only on the elemental planes, the Water ones don't work in the inner sea, for instance). 
    2)Snorkel let's you breathe in water.
    3)Pearl of the Depths cheaper version of the Snorkel, for good reason. Let's you breathe under water but "drown" on land.
    Like the Gems of Cloaking there is a command word written on the Pearl to let you turn it on and off.
    4)Lesser Pearl of the Sea works like permanant  Water Walking Ench. 
    5)Greater Pearl of the Sea Upgrade to the above, lets you avoid random movement in the Inner Sea AND in the Elemental Plane.
    6)Greatest Pearl of the Sea, upgade to the above. Now you get perma-Waterbeathe as well.
    Tree Root:
     7a)If burrowed, Makes you immune to a meld effect/tic that specifically targets Burrowers, but you are now vulnerable to other meld tics/effects(so you are treated as being at regular ground level). If not burrowed it prevents you from being forced into the trees{climbing level}. This would make burrowing not as useless as it is now.
    7b)Instead of the above, merely increases your "rooting"  in exchange for slowing/delaying  your voluntary movement(your "rooted" to the spot in a manner of speaking). 

• There are already rings that stop you from being thrown around on elemental planes...  Also, there would be absolutely no reason to get the snorkel if you can just turn the pearl on and off as needed.

Also, the pearl ring already works on both the Water plane and the seas (both above and below water).
  • Tree root 7a ... I'm not sure what you're aiming at there. It looks like you want to ignore the druid root ability (which is pretty much the only anti-burrower thing - geomancers get a pitiful 100 damage tick). That's a very specific thing to have an arti for; it might be possible to generalise it to "resist attempts to force you out of the ground" but I'm not sure. 

And allowing all other meld effects to hit instead is just going to break things - there are a lot of limits on what you can do burrowed. Outrift for example. So you couldn't outrift and eat puritydust unless you already had it out, so the very first druid tick is going to break you far more than roots ever would.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    edited September 2015
    Soothing Steam Cheroot - functions as a neverending, permanently lit pipe filled with soothing steam.

If rebounding is still going to be a thing after the overhaul, could have a faeleaf version too.
    edited September 2015
    Akyaevin said:
    Tree root 7a ... I'm not sure what you're aiming at there. It looks like you want to ignore the druid root ability (which is pretty much the only anti-burrower thing - geomancers get a pitiful 100 damage tick). That's a very specific thing to have an arti for; it might be possible to generalise it to "resist attempts to force you out of the ground" but I'm not sure. 

And allowing all other meld effects to hit instead is just going to break things - there are a lot of limits on what you can do burrowed. Outrift for example. So you couldn't outrift and eat puritydust unless you already had it out, so the very first druid tick is going to break you far more than roots ever would.

Druidry Root isn't a ticking effect either, and is easy to avoid (burrow more than two levels down and it won't hit you... and the druid won't know where to cast it!) That said, burrowing is useless because distort prevents it, not because of demesnes.
  • Ushaara said:
    Soothing Steam Cheroot - functions as a neverending, permanently lit pipe filled with soothing steam.

If rebounding is still going to be a thing after the overhaul, could have a faeleaf version too.
    I doubt we'll get neverending cures. At least not at a reasonable cost... I think the neverending health vials went for 2k-3k credits last time?
    Bumping stenographer upgrades and fixes. Being able to keep permanent unfalsifiabile IC records would be so good. 
  • Ooh, I keep forgetting.
    Rune of Presevation! Can be put on a body part you've detached from a corpse, ears, hands, limbs, heads(including shrunken heads). They now last longer/forever?, does NOT affect stakes, though the part might return to your inventory as an artifact?
    Mostly thinking of something that lets you keep "trophies". Might only be able to own a single rune or something similarly reasonable. 
    {Won't work on masks, though if you can detach the face before you make a mask it can be put on the face, but then you won't be able to make it into a mask.}

• Enyalida said:
    Tylwyth said:

These are all obscenely powerful.

And yet this got released:
    o Chromatic Sun Goggles (500 dingbats)
    -Must be worn
    -Permanent deathsight when worn
    -Permanent thirdeye when worn
    -See enemies enter or exit your location

Got released!
    Woot!

• Rivius said:
    Gnafia Broadcaster (terrible stand-in name): Allows you to send a message over the CT of any one org once an IG year. Message appears anonymous and may have random garbling.

The griefage....
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here

And yet this got released:
    o Chromatic Sun Goggles (500 dingbats)
    -Must be worn
    -Permanent deathsight when worn
    -Permanent thirdeye when worn
    -See enemies enter or exit your location

Got released!
    Woot!

Yeah, that's not that powerful. I already do all that

Everiine said: