Artifact Ideas

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Well, if it were something that generated lessons at a slow enough pace and required you to log in to get the lessons, it would encourage consistent logins over the loooong term, which could translate to a more engaged and invested player who might spring for credits to buy arties?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    If we're going for expensive artifacts that won't break combat but might be worth it in the long term:

Elemental Extraction Device: When you put essence into your nexus, it is worth one more power than normal.

Scholarly Exploitation Permit: When you bring bards/scholars to your org, they are worth one more power than normal.

Fae Exploitation Permit: When you bring fae to your cosmic plane, they are worth one more power than normal. If the forests have their own version (I am a consummate city person and do not know these things) it applies to that, too.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    edited September 2015
    Double post. Because bad internet.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Tam upgrade to class flex every hour.

• Xenthos said:
    This kind of sounds like Iron Realms Elite.  I get free lessons every day by just logging in.

I am up to 6459 lessons and nothing really to spend them on... I've learned all warrior specializations, all tradeskills I have access to, and all tertiaries.  I just have a large pile of lessons!
    Time to start classflexing.
    Just saying achaea has multiclass now and the wait is 12 hours max and shortens with arties.

Time to get with the times.
    They also don't cost you every time you want to switch to them, we're the only IRE that has that particular cost!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    On the other hand, they do cost more lessons to learn their skillsets beyond the first.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Yeah but one time > continual.

Golly it'd be swell
    Hey, Aetolia doesn't charge extra lesson cost to learn OR to switch between them!
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited September 2015
    o Just a revival: An artifact that gives resistance to forced commands.
    o An artifact that lets you speak from Aetherbubbles and hear everything from there as if on Prime
  • An artifact which you can 'tune' to a particular affliction, which gives a % chance to resist that affliction (like Chaos karma blessing). May need to be restricted to post-overhaul afflictions for ease-of-coding.
  • Artefacts for Bluebells/Foxgloves/Snoefaasias :P
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Ashes of the Phoenix - Allows a non-demi to PHOENIX once per Lusternian day/month. Demigods with this will find their first use of the ability per day completely free.
    Diadem of D'Varsha - Wear this, then RUB to get a D'Varsha tarot boost, without the once/day restriction. You can still only have one active lesson at a time, may or may not stack with the actual tarot skill.
  • I think what you want from the first one is actually cheaper rezz (i.e. an alternative to prayer)? Phoenix is the equivalent to prayer/conglut, and the essence cost doesn't really translate, so it's a bit of a weird one to try and just copy across. There is the ur'Stone of Cankermore for low-exp-cost rezz, but it's very expensive (1000cr) and comes with a prep requirement (bashing).
    I'd be down for an artie that takes no essence or xp on death once per hour.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited September 2015
    APPROVED. 

• Blade of Nick, name change dagger with one time use. Will appear in honors and an announcement new post.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Gero said:
    Blade of Nick, name change dagger with one time use. Will appear in honors and an announcement new post.

In a COMPLETELY unrelated point, is there a way for us to politely ask if the admin can release an inactive name? Luce's only named Luce because my first choice of name was interdicted.
  • edited October 2015
    @Luce I had the exact same problem.  I made a Zeleni, realized I selected the wrong city, and suicided her.  I made a Zelen, thinking I could namechange to Zeleni and I wasn't able to.  I issued myself about it and they released the name for me to namechange within a few days.

Edit: at Luce's age, I tend to doubt they will.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Luce said:
    Gero said:
    Blade of Nick, name change dagger with one time use. Will appear in honors and an announcement new post.

In a COMPLETELY unrelated point, is there a way for us to politely ask if the admin can release an inactive name? Luce's only named Luce because my first choice of name was interdicted.
    His full name is Lucedor, the Hallifaxian version of a luchador. Instead of wearing a mask and slamming a chair over your head, he'll wear a mask and slam an inbox full of paperwork down on your desk.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • If this already exists, I haven't seen it, SO:

Something to stop running into these damned cows!

Done
  • Zeleni said:
    If this already exists, I haven't seen it, SO:

Something to stop running into these damned cows!
    Cowhide boots, available for 150 dingbats from Jeremiah.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • So when you show up wearing the shoes of their kin, they let you pass lest becoming shoes themselves.  Logical.

• Tremula said:
    Luce said:
    Gero said:

His full name is Lucedor, the Hallifaxian version of a luchador. Instead of wearing a mask and slamming a chair over your head, he'll wear a mask and slam an inbox full of paperwork down on your desk.
    Furrikin wrestler?

Furrikin wrestler!
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Not really high-priced artifacts but:

Rune Factory: Speeds up the process of making blank runestones and carved ones. - Put the ingredients in the machine and for 10p, does it all within a few seconds. (ie, if I put 100 marble in it, it would carve 2000 blanks. Or if I put in 1000 blanks and 1000 yellowtint and told it to make Cen runes, it would give me 1000 cen.)

Or if not that - a minor upgrade to the current runestone artifact. Firstly allows permament tuning to a rune which upon doing so, destroys the artifact(to save inv space!) and allows you to outrb that rune infinity. Secondly, being able to fuse the runestone along with being able to supersling it.
  • Can't you inscribe infinite runes in one action anyway now that willpower is gone?