Artifact Ideas

Comments

• Gloves of Avarice - While wearing these gloves you may DEMAND <x> GOLD. If there is at least one non-loyal, non-smob denizen in the area that has that much gold or more, it will glow. Maybe the glow can be stronger the more denizens that meet that gold demand. Since these are expensive artifacts, maybe it can give you a list with ids of the denizens and their current location.
    For Mister Zvoltz, Pejat has been terminated by the Replicant Dynodeon.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    @Akyaevin still limited by mana. I believe I get approx 400 per go. Still better than doing that many and watching my willpower rapidly approach zero.
  • Akyaevin said:
    Can't you inscribe infinite runes in one action anyway now that willpower is gone?
    As Tark said, still limited by mana, but also when you inscribe, the balance time is still huge, I want something that is quick, easy and doesn't take much time. I know I could just buy a bunch of infinite runes, but that would clog up my inv (as you can't inrb the artifact)
  • An artifact that lets you change your beast into any other commonly available beast (i.e. no order, dingbats, or guild beasts) while keeping its current trains.

I don't wanna ride around on a giant spider anymore. :(
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    So sell it and buy something else?

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Mask of Vestera's Gaze:

While wearing, a simple LOOK will also show anyone who is in the room but out of phase, IE dreambodies/Glamours statues/trees. Also shows people instead of their order stole appearance in a room look.

May also possibly show a stealth user's actual appearance instead of who they are masked as?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited October 2015
    o Rune of Mitosis - Raises the maximum number of reflections you can have at one time. Preferrably expensive.

o Rune of aetheric attunement - Free permanent aethersight. Tells you where a person is when they scry you.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I'd prefer not on the first one. Reflections are pretty awesome. 
  • Aethercraft Flackgun Module - Acts like a turret module but cannot use power and maybe even reduced damage against other ships. It is meant to be an extra module where people can participate in aetherhunts at full experience (while losing aetherwill). Maybe even hits every other ship/creature in this location, friend or foe.

Tactical Display - Attaches to a pilot module, increases xp gain for everyone locked into a module on the ship. Xp gain could scale with the power allotted to the Command Chair.

Teleport Module - If your ship is in an armada with another ship and the other ship has a teleport module, you may TELEPORT SHIP <ship> at the module to quickly move from ship to ship. Other possible abilities for the module:
    • While standing at the module, you may TELEPORT BERTH to teleport to the dock of the aethership.
    • While standing at the Berth of the aethership you may TELEPORT SHIP to teleport to the aethership module. This only works if you are already GRID JOINed to the aethership.
    For Mister Zvoltz, Pejat has been terminated by the Replicant Dynodeon.
    edited October 2015
    Flimflam reagent: 25 credits, one time use. Administer to an immature beast to instantly mature it.

Tag of Self Preservation: ? Credits.

If your tagged beast is attacked by someone and is not in your room, it will return to your side.

Fang of Dire Anger: 200 credits.

Damage dealt by this beast's attacks and breaths are increased by 50%.

Teardrop of the Phoenix: 100 credits.

One time use, teaches beast the Phoenix ability and then is destroyed.

Aeonis Reagent: 100 credits.

Teaches beast the Quicktime beast skill, and then is destroyed. Quicktime passively cuts beast balance when beast is using battle/aggressive on mobs by 25%. Owner may order beast to BEAST ORDER QUICKTIME to cut all beast balances by half for five minutes once a Lusternian day.
  • Perhaps high priced artifacts:

aethercraft: A diamount that makes flashpoints permanent( they don't reset on ship-death) and adds three more 'slots' (so with one of these attached, you can have up to six flashpoints)

Other: Dimensional nanobots - By consuming twice the cure item (two sips, two herbs, two 'smokes', etc), these nanobots will cure as if you had normally taken the cure, sending the helpful healing directly to the harmed area. - perhaps will need a special command to use. (Note: Ok, yes, I am still trying to get something for the steam cure that isn't a pipe or other smoking device that isn't the powercure/allheale...) 
  • Mech arm, acts as a third arm allowing you to wield an extra item.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Nekai, nekai, shield/magictome. Come at me.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Only if I can get a fourth leg to go with the first three.
    Left knee, right knee, wee knee?
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • These drag gifs though...

Simple artifact:

Paintmaster's Plethora Paintbox of Painting Pieces: Acts like a paint palette that will never run out, allowing you to inscribe/paint to your heart's content.
  • Another suggestion:

Multi-folded skin tablet (couldnt think of anything not gross): When you ingest this tablet, you will find that you are able to manipulate the folds of your skin for up to 3 layers, allowing to hide certain tattoos and to show others, thus allowing for several tattoos on certain body parts, rather than just 1 (weight still applies).

Syntaxes:

SKINFOLD TATTOOS (lists all tattoos, both active and dormant)
    SKINFOLD REVEAL <body part> <1/2/3> (Will reveal one of your skin layers of a body part, in order to have it tattooed)
    SKINFOLD FOLD <tattoo> for <tattoo> (switches an active tattoo with an inactive tattoo. Must be of same body part. Must have enough free weight on body part for tattoo)
  • Something we've been asking for, for a long time:

* Miniature totem of the wilds

With this purchased, you will be able to select trade skills of the Low-Magic circle, even if you are a student of High-magic. Class-specific trade skills are still inaccessible

* Miniature statuette of the Tree of Life

With this purchased, you will be able to select trade skills of the High-Magic circle, even if you are a student of Low-Magic. Class-specific trade skills are still inaccessible.

In the case of wanting to add some more benefits:

* Brewer's Mug:

With this artifact, you will be able to take up the Alchemy-Brewmeister trade. Low-magic or a totem of the wilds would be required

* Lorecrafter's Cauldron

With this artifact, you will be able to take up the Alchemy-Lorecraft trade. Low-magic or a totem of the wilds would be required.

* Tinker's Toolset

With this artifact, you will be able to take up the Enchantment-Tinkering trade. Higmagic-magic or a statuette of the Tree of Life would be required

* Pentacle of the Elements

With this artifact, you will be able to take up the Enchantment-Spellcraft (Elemental) trade. Higmagic-magic or a statuette of the Tree of Life would be required. Would naturally gain all the spellcraft enchantment abilities without needing to have Highmagic or Elementalism.

*Pentacle of the Cosmos

With this artifact, you will be able to take up the Enchantment-Spellcraft (Cosmic) trade. Higmagic-magic or a statuette of the Tree of Life would be required. Would naturally gain all the spellcraft enchantment abilities without needing to have Highmagic or Cosmic.

If the specified Class trades are too much, then we can always stick with the neutral low-magic and high-magic trades.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    What high magic trades are not class-specific?
    Drag Queen/King mask: Swap genders while wearing the mask, return to your original gender when removed.
  • I really like Arcanis' idea above. With classflex, and the low population of Lusternia, I think it makes sense to open up the trades a bit more. 

I would also really like to see the ability to pick up tattoos even if it lacked the transcendent bonus or it only partially boosted if you aren't a monk.

I know in Hallifax we have a tough time finding Tatttooers with no monks, I don't know about Gaudiguch.
    Congratulations! By order of Newt Blasterson, you've been named a Master of the Aetherways!
    2015/12/09 23:54:29 - Pejat drained 2000000 power to raise Davos as a Vernal Ascendant.
    You use 80,000,000 of your divine essence. You gain BeauteousThought as a supernumerary power.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited October 2015
    o Crossbow - Allows you to fire a limited number of arrows per IG day to a target one room adjacent. Does raw cutting damage.

o Psi-sense arti - An imitation of the psionics ability, psi-sense.

o Threads of Urlach - Lets you teleport to a player's disembodied soul.

o Timeslip arti - Imitates the timeslip defense in cosmic.

o Reflection arti - Allows you to put up reflections like the illusion skill.
    No more ranged PK than we already have!
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Davos said:

I know in Hallifax we have a tough time finding Tatttooers with no monks, I don't know about Gaudiguch.
    *raisehand*
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Xenthos said:

What high magic trades are not class-specific?

Anybody? Bueller? It makes no sense to make an artifact that does not do anything-- it seems like the only point is to provide a sense of "equality" (while not doing anything of the sort, since there are none).

If you are going to something to open up tradeskills, just create an artifact for each tradeskill. More equitable that way, anyways; if you have the arty, you can activate / use that skill even if you do not have the prereqs to do so.

There can be a discussion on whether or not that it is necessary, but high/lowmagic trade arties just seem to be an awkwardly imbalanced pairing. Much simpler (and fairer) to just do it by trade if you are going to do it.
  • Celina said:
    Drag Queen/King mask: Swap genders while wearing the mask, return to your original gender when removed.
    Why not just Perform Genderbend?
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    Because I want the male kephera perks.