Artifact Ideas

Comments

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Aides cannot submit books for prestige.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Spark of the domothean realms: 2000 credits

Ever wanted one of those lovely domoth powers, but were denied by your inability to ascend and join the -in family? This magical spark contains the energies of the domothean, allowing you to select one of its gifts for yourself to use. Essence costs and power weights will remain as is, so plan ahead wisely. If you are already an ascendant, then any power you select through the spark will count as 0 weight.

*runs away*
  • edited November 2015
    In the past, the idea of an artifact (specifically the jeweler's hammer) to enhance the chance of getting powerstones was rejected, as powerstones was an essential aspect of market profit for jewelers (assuming anyway), especially since back then, comms, specifically in this case Gems commodity, wasnt so cheap you'd find people throwing them away just to make room. So, since the main commodity, Gems, is cheap as dirt now, and making powerstones is rather a simple mindless (quite literally) act and are sold dirt cheap too, could we introduce a new artifact or enhance jeweler's hammer to increase powerstone chance?
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    I would really love to have some item to work as a 'window' into your rift that would allow you to use riftables in common situations where you'd otherwise would need to get them out of the rift first. For example, herbs, commodities, feeding your beast, but especially commodities. Wouldn't be worth too much, but if it was reasonable priced, I would consider buying it, I think, just to save me the hassle to remember to outr/inr things.

Another idea was to have a item like this able to be linked to a remote chest, allowing access to thinks as if they were in your inventory. This would likely not only include riftables, but other things as well. I would picture this variant (an upgrade to the other maybe? ) to be rather more pricy though.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • More dolls.

No, seriously.

More dolls.

Also, maybe an artifact that allows non-forestals to use nature protect (because herbalists need a fourth artifact to stop the strip harvesters)

We already have gloves, watering can, and a pot that lets us transplant herbs over long distances. We just need that final nudge (take my money, please)
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
  • I hate to post twice in a row, but another idea is an artifact that wipes your family history clean. Just... make it like you were never born into that family. Some of us made poor decisions when our characters were young, and some of those poor decisions can haunt you even years later.
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
  • edited December 2015
    Sorry, you're stuck with family.

nb4 shaddus comments about being stuck with me
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Chirbo said:
    Sorry, you're stuck with family.

nb4 shaddus comments about being stuck with me
    It wouldn't be quite so bad if you didn't go standing around my characters intentionally complaining Pesukaru not ever talking to you. Considering I don't play him anymore, and you decided to get adopted by him, YDF. Just saying :(

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I'm eternally feeling guilty for not engaging enough with my beloved e-family, and I just have the one character. Don't know how you do it, Shaddus.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    An artifact that sets rooms on fire a la the sacred candle. Limited per month use, but something more than just the 1 from the candle. 

Needs some sort of limitation as to not be a harassment tool for the forests.

An artifact that does area wide NATURE RAIN.
  • Celina said:
    An artifact that sets rooms on fire a la the sacred candle. Limited per month use, but something more than just the 1 from the candle. 

Needs some sort of limitation as to not be a harassment tool for the forests.

An artifact that does area wide NATURE RAIN.
    There's the Dragon's Gauntlets (or something like that) that sets rooms on fire in LOS. Auction-only though.

And really, any artifact that sets rooms on fire is bound to become a harrassment tool against the forests. That was the primary use of the gauntlets when they were first released, IIRC. Can't remember his name, but a Glom got the first pair and promptly ran around setting Seren on fire a couple of times per day.
    edited December 2015
    It has a chance to set the room on fire, and it's fairly low. What I want is something like the sacred candle where you BLOW CANDLE and the room is set on fire. Yeah, it needs a counter for forests, which I'm not sure what it could be but I still like the idea of taking the sacred candle power and making it a somewhat less limited artifact is something I'd buy. 

I just recently discovered BLOW CANDLE and it's actually pretty awesome for passive damage and burns.

Frankly, forests should have a way to put out fires as a discretionary regardless of this artifact IMHO. 

edit: Maybe I'll envoy it for a big power cost instead, that might make it less annoying for forests to keep it with the guild, since Gaudi can already set the forests on fire and generally doesn't. 
  • edited December 2015
    Celina said:
    It has a chance to set the room on fire, and it's fairly low. What I want is something like the sacred candle where you BLOW CANDLE and the room is set on fire. Yeah, it needs a counter for forests, which I'm not sure what it could be but I still like the idea of taking the sacred candle power and making it a somewhat less limited artifact is something I'd buy. 

I just recently discovered BLOW CANDLE and it's actually pretty awesome for passive damage and burns.

Frankly, forests should have a way to put out fires as a discretionary regardless of this artifact IMHO. 

edit: Maybe I'll envoy it for a big power cost instead, that might make it less annoying for forests to keep it with the guild, since Gaudi can already set the forests on fire and generally doesn't. 

help discretionary
    8.6.1 DISCRETIONARY POWER

8.6 < GUILD NEXUS POWER                 NEXUS GUARDIANS > 8.6.2

The Power Ministry in cities and communes can allocate monthly reserves
    which guilds can use on discretionary power. Most of these powers are
    only usable by guilds of a specific archetype.

NEXUS STORM (any guild) (communes only)
      - Can only be done at the commune nexus on the prime plane
      - Changes the weather pattern to cause temperate rainstorms
      - Weather will naturally revert back according to seasonal patterns
      - Costs 500 power

Edit: Getting a little tired of people constantly knee-jerking and giving more and more benefits to communes without the cities being given anything to maintain parity.

Communes already have twice the amount of available discretionaries as cities do. I don't think they need any more.
    edited December 2015
    What we need to do is have a way to set a room effect to rooms to passively erode statues and cost the city power at the same time. Possibly "marble borer beetles" or something. Oh, and it has to kill newbies who spend too much time with it. Oh, and it has to randomly and quickly spread to adjacent rooms. Oh, and using this power/skill/artifact to affect the city can't warn anyone until it's happened and spread a bit.

And then we can complain when a city gains a discretionary for 500 power to rid itself of these marble borers that the forests don't have.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Would like a faster way to get rid of statues.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Oh hey, that does exist. That's spiffy. Was that introduced with ironbark?

As an aside to the off the wall complaint about parity, communes have different discretionaries because they have different challenges. Complaining about quantity rather than relevance isn't going to go very far. Communes have 2 extra, for the record, not twice the amount. 

You didn't get storm or ironbark because you don't have fires or totems, so what's the point? You didn't get surge because you have passive plane wide stun. I suppose we can make your city flammable if you really want nexus storm and snip the stun from ripple so you can have stronger imps. For parity.
  • Shaddus said:
    What we need to do is have a way to set a room effect to rooms to passively erode statues and cost the city power at the same time. Possibly "marble borer beetles" or something. Oh, and it has to kill newbies who spend too much time with it. Oh, and it has to randomly and quickly spread to adjacent rooms. Oh, and using this power/skill/artifact to affect the city can't warn anyone until it's happened and spread a bit.

And then we can complain when a city gains a discretionary for 500 power to rid itself of these marble borers that the forests don't have.
    Not particularly complaining about Storm. More complaining about Surge and Psifield. You know, those two things of which Halli and Gaudi still can't do either of.
    Protip: no one uses psifield
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I'm pretty sure being on fire actually does nothing to harm an area, at least I've never noticed any ill effects, besides being on fire and burning people. 
    Doesn't it kill herbs growing?
  • Celina said:

As an aside to the off the wall complaint about parity, communes have different discretionaries because they have different challenges. Complaining about quantity rather than relevance isn't going to go very far. Communes have 2 extra, for the record, not twice the amount. 

You didn't get storm or ironbark because you don't have fires or totems, so what's the point? You didn't get surge because you have passive plane wide stun. I suppose we can make your city flammable if you really want nexus storm and snip the stun from ripple so you can have stronger imps. For parity.
    You know full well that Ripple is the tradeoff for Liveforest and Ethereal being unmeldable.

Anyway, this argument's already been had by people with more investment and more experience in the matter than I, I've said my piece.
    edited December 2015
    I've gone through an area that was previously on fire for a while and plants were all at max. So, anecdotally , no. 

Also, a lot of the communes 'extra' discretionaries aren't very useful. EDIT: Also also, the tradeoff for Ethereal being unmeldable is it being unsealable, not ripple or liveforest or something. 
    edited December 2015
    Enyalida said:
    I've gone through an area that was previously on fire for a while and plants were all at max. So, anecdotally , no. 

Also, a lot of the communes 'extra' discretionaries aren't very useful. EDIT: Also also, the tradeoff for Ethereal being unmeldable is it being unsealable, not ripple or liveforest or something. 
    Interesting! Maybe that's just a myth then, I thought it killed herbs. Maybe it's just super slow. 

And yes, Tekora isn't really arguing full context. If ripple is the tradeoff for ethereal being unmeldable, why are the elemental planes unmeldable? Ever fought in flux? Or should I say ever tried to fight in flux?

Also my bad, ripple does off balance, not stun anymore. 
    It might be. As I've said before, one of the reasons it's such obnoxious trolling of the forests is because it doesn't do anything but waste time. You gain nothing from it but the glee of being a troll. So let's please not add more ways in to burn rooms. Pyromancers don't need the additional burns/passive heals anyways. 
    edited December 2015
    Well, you're not adding "more," you're just adding redundancies. They already can, you're not giving them anything new in that regard. 

You're probably right on the burns thing though, I am still playing with burns and haven't really figured out the balance of it yet. The heal is pyrochem and comes from the ablaze affliction, which you cast on yourself and ignore the cure for. Don't think it triggers on things that catch you on fire. The candle also absorbs the flames, so pyros don't actually catch on fire from room fires. Nifty thing I learned yesterday.

edit: you can't even catch on fire as a pyromancer because of the fireproof skill. 
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Nobody uses Storm either. 500p, and does not really put fires out anyways despite its description when tested. Woo?
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    What we need to do is just delete forests. Not only will that help with population, no one will ever complain about the forests having things that cities don't get anymore.

Tekora said:
    Shaddus said:

Not particularly complaining about Storm. More complaining about Surge and Psifield. You know, those two things of which Halli and Gaudi still can't do either of.
    I forget what Surge does, but Psifield just makes your guards stronger. That's not a
    Tekora said:
    Celina said:

You didn't get storm or ironbark because you don't have fires or totems, so what's the point? You didn't get surge because you have passive plane wide stun. I suppose we can make your city flammable if you really want nexus storm and snip the stun from ripple so you can have stronger imps. For parity.
    You know full well that Ripple is the tradeoff for Liveforest and Ethereal being unmeldable.

Anyway, this argument's already been had by people with more investment and more experience in the matter than I, I've said my piece.
    Ethereal isn't able to be melded by mages, and Elemental isn't able to be melded by druids. That's not really a tradeoff.