Artifact Ideas

Comments

• @Celina The argument could be made.. "if everyone's super, no one will be." It's another step forward, in my opinion. Favours are not too much of a buff, plus they can be obtained by everyone. Just think of it as another defense that has to be put up

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Eodh said:
    @Celina The argument could be made.. "if everyone's super, no one will be." It's another step forward, in my opinion. Favours are not too much of a buff, plus they can be obtained by everyone. Just think of it as another defense that has to be put up
    Not opposed to that, but if that's what we do, giving it to avatars/cults isn't really the best path to that. Make them shrine powers, then it literally is for everyone rather than avatar/cult discretion and availability.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Especially if you allow it for people who aren't actually in the order, then it actually is for everyone. 
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I would love it if Avatars could give out the favours to people in their order (or maybe even not, for an even GREATER essence cost) at a somewhat significant essence cost since they are, role-play wise, the mortal form of that particular Divine. People look up to them and respect them because they speak with their Divine's voice when the Divine isn't present, are their Divine's Eye, and act as their Divine Hand. RP-wise, it makes sense that this would be able to happen. I would like for it to be an artefact that the order purchases, though, some great costing thing that everyone has to chip in and get. That way even the newest orders (see: Manteekan, Drocilla, Carakhen) have a hope to get one one day without having someone who can drop hundreds of IRL dollars to get them a shiny.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I would like an artifact that works like the stenographer, but for channels. The theme could be related to knockoffs of the TBC.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    An upgrade to the rune of dominion :>
  • edited November 2015
    we all know that over time, collecting certain curios has become harder with the more and more additions made (and thus more difficult to get certain rubs). We then later got an addition of a lovely item to make things a bit more easier: The Curio of Curios goop item. This lovely item solved the problem of many a twitching individual out there, suffering to find that last piece to -FINALLY- finish their curio. Sadly however, it was a goop item, and to date there is no way to get goop other than wait for a promotion....which frankly really sucks.

Could we introduce the Curio of Curios item (Henceforth referred to as CoC) as an artifact purchase as well? Could range from 25 to 50 credits. For those that may think "now wait, this might nullify the idea of collecting curios by people just purchasing 9 (in theory them having 1 piece of the curio they want) CoCs". Perhaps, but consider this, let us say the artifact was indeed priced at 50 credits, to purchase 9, that would be 450 credits paid to make 1 curio of a collection (in which constitutes of 4 curios), which is more than people currently generally pay for one (in most cases). Now let us say that person then went and made his/her collection. They would have paid 1800 credits to make a collection the 'lazy way'. I think a price that high, which is almost equal to our most expensive artifacts (2000 credits), more than warrants an 'insta collection', aye?
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    edited November 2015
    I would really love to see some useful but not so powerful lower priced artifacts. To someone like me, who's pretty new to the game still, artifact costs of 400+ are _really_ intimidating still. I would love to see some artifacts that whet your appetite but are not uber useful. A, in my way, perfect example are the "Spectacles of Seeing". They solve definitely a niche problem, but they are moderately low credit budget and solve a few problems an explorer might have.

Maybe having 'dwindled down' artifacts of existing ones that can be upgraded into the real deal? I am not sure about that, for you'd not want to invalidate the actual artifact, though. Only thoughts anyway. For me it's often right now though, this scenario: "Let's see what I can get in an reasonable amount of time. Urgh, the first halfway interesting thing needs me to save for 2 ooc months at least... okay not interested for now."

On spirit of suggesting a new artifact, I would kind of love to see a variation of the cloaking gem. I do actually like that people see me on the who list, I just don't particularly like that they can see there where I am. So having something that would suggest I'm somewhere else, or just remove the effect of thirdeye would be something I'd rather buy then a cloaking gem. Should be in a similar price range, but maybe a little lower. Maybe around 350 cr?

edit: fixed paragraphing.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Suggestion for the Wonder Horn:

Please set Wonder Horn Buffet to affect mobs too. It is great that it works on players, but that extra speed for razing shields would be great utility for bashing as well.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    What's the speed on it?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Shaddus said:
    What's the speed on it?
    2 seconds.
    I'm rusty, but isn't that faster than blanknote/raze speed?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Shaddus said:
    I'm rusty, but isn't that faster than blanknote/raze speed?
    Should be about the same as warrior raze I think, no idea about blank note. I'd be cool with sitting down with some people to run numbers more closely and try to account for bal/eq buffs too.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Wouldn't mind seeing wands attack speed brought in line with whips. Can drop the damage to keep the same dps as current, but I hate feeling like I'm missing out on potential crits.
  • Idea: From another timeline different gods splintered while others remained whole. They come to this timeline (like how we got aerochem, etc) thus giving us access to splintered races of gods that are active even now. The gods thought it was confusing seeing mini version of their friends running around. Imagine how confused they would be to see mini versions of themselves running around.

Artifact Idea: Artifact races for all the gods. Isune, Mysrai, Fain, Lisaera, Darvellan, Nocht. So many possibilities!
    For Mister Zvoltz, Pejat has been terminated by the Replicant Dynodeon.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    How would lisae be different from elfen? Or isunites be different from trill?

I'm imgaining drow-like nocht-shards. :D

Tarkenton said:
    Wouldn't mind seeing wands attack speed brought in line with whips. Can drop the damage to keep the same dps as current, but I hate feeling like I'm missing out on potential crits.
    I agree here. The speed on wands should be brought down closer to 3 seconds. 

Another suggestion for wands would be to up the rez power to 1/day since it requires a corpse anyway. 1/month is way too restrictive.

I also think the wonderpipe should double function as regular arti pipe!
  • edited November 2015
    Rivius said:
    Tarkenton said:

Another suggestion for wands would be to up the rez power to 1/day since it requires a corpse anyway. 1/month is way too restrictive.

Whips average 3.6-3.9s, destro seems similar or about 0.1s slower.

Wands should be the same speed and use balance to keep it equitable, totally agree! (Just not sure where you get 3s from)
    Ixion said:

Rivius said:

Tarkenton said:

Whips average 3.6-3.9s, destro seems similar or about 0.1s slower.

Wands should be the same speed and use balance to keep it equitable, totally agree! (Just not sure where you get 3s from)

Ah. My bad. I thought whips were at 3-3.2. The gap seems a lot smaller then.
  • Isunites would have feathers everywhere, vibrant puffy feathers of every color imaginable.

Lisaera? Never met her. So no idea :o
    For Mister Zvoltz, Pejat has been terminated by the Replicant Dynodeon.
    edited November 2015
    I wish we would just nerf periods period. There's no reason to me a divinus whip should be better for literally every single person than even a naturally obtained attack. I thought they were supposed to supplemental bashing tools, not replacements for everything. With spellcrafting runes and a 10th level fire buff, my whip is still always better. Always.

Makes me wonder why I bothered with a fire buff artifact at all.
  • I'm guessing you meant you wanted to nerf something other than periods?
    Nerf whips. Nerf periods too. Always ending my sentences.
    An orb that gives you a notification when someone in your guild logs on while you're awake.
  • A library bookbag - Gives you the ability to submit books for prestige if your librarian is not present.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Celina said:
    Nerf whips. Nerf periods too. Always ending my sentences.
    Wouldn't mind nerfing whips, but not periods. Have you tried reading Gulliver's Travels?
    Jonathan Swift wouldn't know a period if it bled out of his uterus and doubled him over with cramps....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Talan said:

Salome said:
    A library bookbag - Gives you the ability to submit books for prestige if your librarian is not present.
    If your librarian isn't present to submit for prestige, appoint a new librarian. The old librarian can always have the job back if it was a temporary absence. People will understand that prestige submissions need to happen.
    can't aides do the same thing. be appointe an aide if so.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim: