Artifact Ideas

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited December 2015
    Surge is ethereal only Rally and affects ladies/daughters. 

It's not used often. 
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Seriously, number of discretionaries available is an absolutely bizarre (and irrelevant) thing in terms of balancing. That is like me having a moist, delicious triple-chocolate cake while you have four small outmeal cookies and complaining that you have more dessert than me. It completely ignores any pertinent details.
    what if you like oatmeal cookies
    That would be one of the pertinent details being ignored!
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Then you're wrong and should be pelted with stones.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I can make a killer oatmeal cookie. ...but it's best as a garnish for an oatmeal cream pie cupcake.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Here here! #unitedforoatmeal 
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Ooh I like oatmeal cookies. But chocolate delicious cake vs oatmeal cookie? No contest. Besides, gingersnaps are better.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Gingersnaps aren't bad for a second-class cookie, but a good snickerdoodle fresh from the oven is sublime.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • As far as the ablaze vs herbs discussion earlier:

From my observation, fire has a notable impact on the herbs growing in an area. It's not a 'suddenly all herbs are dead' scenario, but it seems as if it slows, stops, or even outpaces the natural growth rate.

Curiously enough, melded rooms seem to hinder herbs more than anything else. I've been struggling to keep the sparkleberry alive, but people keep going up there, melding, and I go up to see areas with 60 per room as they should, and the melded areas only have 30-some, and Kurut was the last one who harvested.

I'm not sure if they can outright kill the herbs, but if the herb number is low enough when its hibernation month comes along they most certainly can disappear.

Also, to keep the thread on track, artifact idea! A magnifying glass or some such that lets you use LASTHARVEST to see if anyone strip-harvested herbs in your location. LASTHARVEST currently only shows the last person to harvest existing herbs. If the herbs are dead and gone, there's no way to tell who did it.
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    You mean changing the terrain not melding. But yeah, an area would have to stay ablaze so long for there to be any noticeable effect. 
    I agree, especially on very neutral terrain. On cosmic, ethereal, and controlled villages let the terrain changes last forever. Everywhere else, just let it revert. 
    There should be an artifact that makes shamanism imprints cost less and have a lower chance (or zero chance) to shift. An artifact that gives you a second imprint would also be worthwhile. I could see myself paying ~150 credits for an artifact that did both. Compared to the Greater Rune of Demesnes (200cr), it's a lot more niche and less powerful, hence my suggested cost.
  • IIRC, terrained roms (that are not Glom/Seren terrained) have a 10% chance of killing 10 herbs in the room each day. If there are less than 10 herbs around, they die.

Also, hibernation doesn't care at all about how many herbs are in the room. It's just a flat chance of killing them all (I can't remember the exact odds, but I think it ends up as 75% of herbs dying in hibernation).
  • RE: meldable ethereal/elemental

It's technically possible for mages to meld Ethereal -- just kill Maeve. It was added in during the hai'Gloh/Xion Initiative days, iirc, when the differences between cities/communes became more pronounced (especially the fact that Ethereal is basically the communes' version of both Elemental and Cosmic planes).

RE: oatmeal cookies

I like the weird texture of oatmeal cookies. Also they are supposedly healthy. #HealthIsWealth

• BUMP!

Let's hear some new artifact ideas! Feel free to summarize your favorites that have been listed in this thread but haven't been implemented!

• edited December 2015
    A Spherical Storage Device.

-Hold any number of books within the device
    -Holds any number of letters within the device (letters can still decay, but decay at a slower rate)
    -Allows reading and writing of the books within the device without having to remove the books. (In case of writing, normal requirements have to be meet - desk and chair or clipboard artifact)
    -Link to a library/bookshelf  to allow reading of all books without needing to checking out.

------

From the last page:

A pipe rune that links to a herb that autofills pipe when it runs out of puffs.

edited December 2015
    What about artifacts that enhance trans trade skills?

Like an uber magi crown that drops personal mana drain by 75% IF You have the magi crown already. 

Or uhhhh...I don't know what the other trades do. Splendours with double effect proofings?
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I wouldn't mind a thing that autorecharged my magictome with x charged every game day, to save on needing to charge it with damage. Little convenience thing. Maybe something that let it hold more charges too, or made it heal by a little bit more than a healing scroll.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    Portius said:
    I wouldn't mind a thing that autorecharged my magictome with x charged every game day, to save on needing to charge it with damage. Little convenience thing. Maybe something that let it hold more charges too, or made it heal by a little bit more than a healing scroll.
    Would a clockwork regulator do the trick? As long as you have a charged cube, it should replenish any charges used from the tome.
    I used to make cakes.

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I thought you couldn't recharge a tome from a cube? I can try later and find out. I might've been doing something stupid and breaking it.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Update to tier stone could be tuning it to two planes instead of just one.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Mine's always worked fine! Hope it wasn't a bug I've been exploiting.
    I used to make cakes.

• Clockwork regulator is a good workaround for magictome.

Please don't 'fix'.
    It is not a bug. When regulators first came out, they could not be attached to magictomes. I asked Iosai about it, the admin had a brief discussion, and they changed it to allow regulators to be attached / work. It was intentionally changed to function this way, so no need to fear "fixing".
    edited December 2015
    Ssaliss said:
    Personally, I'd rather see the importance of trans trades on combat minimised, rather than increased.
    None of the suggestions change the meta. Maybe magi crown a little bit, but not really. 

edit: the mana drain meta is mugwump, and WAY better because it affects drains, not just personal use.

Incidentally, magicrown sucks on its own. You take spellcraft for the staff runes.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Artifact allowing comms for trades to be taken directly out of the rift.

More custom deathsight scrolls.

The reverse of the above item, set a deathsight for yourself that triggers when you die no matter what the manner of death is.

change fesix packs to fesix runes and allow us to rune our own packs

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.