Simple questions?

Comments

• edited September 2015
    Akyaevin said:
    Thalkros said:
    So, I know already that if you quit an order, your cult dissolves(I mean, I assume so yes?). However, do you still retain the actual Veneration Power? Does it go into a dormant status or do you have to wait till you can become an Avatar again and then drop 75 million essence to buy it again?

As I understand it (and this is not confirmed) you lose your Cult but retain the 75 million/0 weight Veneration Power, however you must still spend the 10 million (or 0 for ascendants) to form another Cult ... and start at Veneration Inept again, having to spend another 120 million or so cult essence to trans.

I suggest issuing yourself or contacting support for confirmation from an admin before actually doing so if this is likely to change your decision.

This is correct.
    WHY CAN'T I GET NESTED QUOTES TO WORK??
  • Renthur said:
    Tylwyth said:
    Renthur said:
    How do you go about this month's quest event thing?
    Wander the roads like gathering wanderers(bards/pilgrims/scholars) they are all in the pilgrims areas that I can see. YOu use Influence skill to empower 5 of them a day. Do this for 20-21 days(forgot what It said, it's in the announcements), and you get 20 dingbats(didn't say they were Sticky or not).
    Say they aren't too hard or long to wake up. when they do, they either say "make sure to wake us all up" or something to that effect if you haven't done five yet. At five it says "you've done enough for today" or something to that effect.

My problem was I couldn't find them at all because people seem to be immediately influencing them all.
    I've found some in some weird places. They wander off the roads in a way the pilgrims don't seem to, so they can get into villages, cities, restaurants, etc. I've taken to squinting all the exits from the roads when doing rounds, and occasionally wandering in.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Is it the forest side of Plaxios that is known to not work? Because this is a really frustrating and buggy experience so far.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Ardmore said:
    Akyaevin said:
    Thalkros said:
    So, I know already that if you quit an order, your cult dissolves(I mean, I assume so yes?). However, do you still retain the actual Veneration Power? Does it go into a dormant status or do you have to wait till you can become an Avatar again and then drop 75 million essence to buy it again?

As I understand it (and this is not confirmed) you lose your Cult but retain the 75 million/0 weight Veneration Power, however you must still spend the 10 million (or 0 for ascendants) to form another Cult ... and start at Veneration Inept again, having to spend another 120 million or so cult essence to trans.

I suggest issuing yourself or contacting support for confirmation from an admin before actually doing so if this is likely to change your decision.

This is correct.
    WHY CAN'T I GET NESTED QUOTES TO WORK??

Yeah, definitely correct, I still have Veneration from my Nocht days, but no cult presently.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Use firefox for forums postings. It handles nested quotes better than Chrome or IE.

• I was using FF.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Use Opera. Just because FF, Chrome, and IE are always messing up.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Use IE because I hate you.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I know Lusternia help files are often bass ackwards in some regards compared to other IRE's, but are the affs in AFFS LIST actually set to the proper cure order for each type? Assuming that, for Internal for example it should go Left to Right, Top to Bottom?  
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Thought the cure order was still mostly random, except for some affs that have priority.
  • Tarkenton is correct. AFFS LIST just lists them alphabetically.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited September 2015
    The only affs that have priorities (afaik) that show on AFFS LIST are:
    Aeon, which always cures first.
    Powerspikes, which always cures last with respect to other aurics.
    Physical affs, where mutilates cure before weakening on that limb (I think).

All other affs have an equal chance to be cured. There are long threads talking about this and why it might be a problem or not.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Fluff thing: Are there any sources on Project Touchstone other than a tantalizing couple of lines from the Conclave?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.

• Rancoura said:
    Why is COVENTELLS and SQTELLS not a thing?
    I'd assume it's because they are temporary constructs, as opposed to the permanent-ness of orgs and clans.
  • Quick questions about buffs to make sure I understand:

If I have two 1/2 buffs, and three 1/4 buffs, only four of the five will count, correct?
  • Yep. It'll first add the two 1/2 buffs, to 2/2. Then it'll add the three 1/4 buffs, but since it's capped at 4, it'll end up at 4/4.
  • Likewise, if you had three 1/2 buffs and two 1/5 buffs it would still only stack to 4. Those first three 1/2 buffs cannot lift you above 2.
  • Akyaevin said:
    Likewise, if you had three 1/2 buffs and two 1/5 buffs it would still only stack to 4. Those first three 1/2 buffs cannot lift you above 2.
    On the bright side, the game will optimize your buffs so that you aren't, for instance, getting 3/5 from the 1/5 buffs and then nothing from the 1/2 buffs. Lowest caps always get applied first.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Is SecondTradeSkill still useful with a doctoral cord? Will I get to use my tattoo armour and my magictome when I finally get the power?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia

Daraius said:
    Is SecondTradeSkill still useful with a doctoral cord? Will I get to use my tattoo armour and my magictome when I finally get the power?
    Yes and yes. Freely switching between trades is awesome, so love the cord, and yes if you have both trades active you get the benefits of both.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    My doctoral cord is 100% the best, no regrets.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    edited September 2015
    Well I have the cord already and I do love it. But believe it or not I still haven't got the 70mil essence for SecondTradeSkill in the years since I've been demi, so I was wondering if it was still worth it to be aiming for that goal. But having both tradeskill bonuses sounds fun, and literally none of the other demi powers interest me, so full speed ahead! The cord will still be handy for the rare times I need to go Artisan.
    I used to make cakes.

edited September 2015
    So great-grandpup Bananagram gave me two room boxes with the intention that I use them to expand the Shevat manse, but since he bought them I apparently "have no control over this box." Do I have to temporarily transfer the manse to him to add the rooms, or is there some other way around it?
    I used to make cakes.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I believe he has to own the manse, yes.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • HELP CLASSFLEX says you can't learn "new skills from a classflexed guild".

Is this only guild skills?

Is it only skills that are unique to the guild (e.g. would it apply to glamours)?

Does it apply to trade skills? What about trade skills that are not unique to the guild (e.g. herbs) as compared to those that are (e.g. alchemy/brewmeistery). I assume it doesn't apply to the former (as I could pick them up anyway if I dropped my guild skills), the latter is more iffy.
  • Hi Lusty folks :)

Newly returning - what should I read to catch up (haven't played in like 5ish years)? What major changes should I adjust for? 

What artifacts/purchases are the bestest currently? 

Where is the best RP?

Any other bugs about? Let's start a race war yeah yeah yeah!
  • 1) Read everything. Adjust for the change of playing Lusty again, since that's pretty major. (Maybe adjust volume, too. Things are way quieter than in 2010)

2) The ones you don't already have.

3) Wherever you find people who interact with other people.

These are unhelpful answers, I know. But the best way to answer these questions really is to play a bit more! Trial and error, whatever works for you, etc. etc. That's one thing about Lusternia that will never change. :)

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • You remember  your stats?
    STR, Dex, Con, INT, Cha, and Size?
    They are now gone!
    As is/are your racial weakness!
    Help files have been massively updated.
    And be sure to check up on your Factions current treaties/relations.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim: