Wand of Wonder!

Comments

• Since I saw it asked a few times, weathershield is equivalent to the demigod weather power for blocking heat/cold-based afflicting, wind-based knockdown, and a 25% reduction in the loss of movement points due to weather.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Does it stack with the demigod power?
  • Yes.
    Yeesh, poor shamans. 
  • edited January 2015
    Neither affects shamans who have fierceweather.

EDIT: For the heat/cold/wind effects fierceweather bypasses them, it looks like they still have an effect on movement points though.
    Yeah, that's what I meant! That movement slowing can be an important element, and is definitely a not-insignificant portion involved in justifying the high power cost of shamanism weather effects. If you could work in something that made the movement slowing mitigation... mitigated by fierceweather too, that'd be great!
  • That's a lobo carrying a cache of snowballs to throw at people.
  • Estarra said:
    That's a lobo carrying a cache of snowballs to throw at people.
    Abominable snloboman! Warning, if @Yomoigu is going to punish puns in game, I'll just have to unload them on all of you.
  • Good news! The wand of wonder sale will be extended through the middle of February! The wonder crystals will probably also make a come back at some point (if the wands continue to be popular).

Regarding the portal power, I am hearing feedback that they should have at least some day when created to give time for monoliths, etc., though some think instantaneous to allies should be okay. Opinions?
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I think that sounds good. Mutual allies, instant, otherwise delay.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Estarra said:

Good news! The wand of wonder sale will be extended through the middle of February! The wonder crystals will probably also make a come back at some point (if the wands continue to be popular).

Regarding the portal power, I am hearing feedback that they should have at least some day when created to give time for monoliths, etc., though some think instantaneous to allies should be okay. Opinions?

Any word on whether we might be able to buy these ingame?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • How long do the portals stay open? Is it essentially a Teleport, or does it last a while..?

Anyway, I'm all for it having a delay if targeting someone who's not allied, though a confirm message to speed it up might be neat. Likewise, a bit more of a delay for player territory if the portal lasts time, since even if it's going ally to ally, if it's from one ally in the Inner Sea to another standing in the Hotel in Celest, then it suddenly turns into a security issue.
    It lasts about one minute.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Shaddus said:
    Good news! The wand of wonder sale will be extended through the middle of February! The wonder crystals will probably also make a come back at some point (if the wands continue to be popular).

This, when is this happening. Wonder crystals seem too cool for people to want to sell in game

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Portals last 60 seconds, unless at least one end is in enemy territory for the caster, in which case it's either 15 or 20 seconds; not at home now to check for sure.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    edited January 2015
    Synkarin said:
    Shaddus said:

This, when is this happening. Wonder crystals seem too cool for people to want to sell in game
    I might be talked into buying credits to get the wonder crystals if the credit price offered for the wonder crystals by other players is good enough.

Edit: Editted for clarity
    ... on that note, I have 12 crystals to sell.
  • What's the current in-game price settling at right now?
    Aerotan said:
    What's the current in-game price settling at right now?
    I've seen them going for between 100 and 250.

People have been hoping to buy them from 30-50.

I've been selling mine for 100cr per.

11 crystals for sale now. >__>
    Selenity said:
    Aerotan said:
    What's the current in-game price settling at right now?
    I've seen them going for between 100 and 250.

People have been hoping to buy them from 30-50.

I've been selling mine for 100cr per.

11 crystals for sale now. >__>
    Make that none.

(Market): You say, "All out of wonder crystals, thank you for purchasing!"
  • Estarra said:

I don't think it should require mutual allies. If your target has allied you, having to ally them is just making extra effort without adding any protection I can see. RE: Rivius' comment.
    edited January 2015
    Questions/Thoughts:

1) Are these wands like whips in the sense that they do more damage in PvE than PvP? How does their damage compare at 20 crystals? Is it possible to get an official answer, considering that player tested numbers have too many variables worked in to really know? If they reach a point of equivalency in damage, at how many crystals is it?

2) Why was starleaper limited to 1/day? Is it seen as too powerful?  Maybe it can be given a cooldown like with vitality instead? What does everyone think?

3) The resurrection ability should really be either 1) 1/month AND doesn't require body or person in the room OR 2) 1/day and same effect as now.

4) Does wondercure refresh power?
  • Rivius said:
    Questions/Thoughts:

1) Are these wands like whips in the sense that they do more damage in PvE than PvP? How does their damage compare at 20 crystals? Is it possible to get an official answer, considering that player tested numbers have too many variables worked in to really know? If they reach a point of equivalency in damage, at how many crystals is it?

On the first page I asked this. Estarra said the damage of a 20 crystal wand is above a whip's damage. However, the wand does use equilibrium and mana (where the whip I believe is just balance)
  • Which is a buff if you're an eq race
  • @Estarra: I don't mind faster to allies, but something to note is this would still mean someone could instantly drop a portal to an ally if you walk in. Giving a 4s delay to allies, 10s to randoms or something might make it easier. This would also prevent dealing with people using it to escape from ganks when defenders show up.

@Selenity:     You didn't see the ego damage reduction rune. Changed after the fact, and I am hoping we make changes later.  Things like genie bottles have created a permanent buff in exchange for spending at that time. Wonderwand can do it's bashing thing, it will still do a crap ton of things, but wondercure can be nerfed without making it a bad item.  High power cost would still make it useful in PvE but rules it out of combat. Pay to win is how you lose serious players.
  • Estarra said:
    I think this mid-month promo is pretty unique, so let me know what you think!
    11  Starleaper (1/game day)

This could probably have the limit removed for tarot users so they get some benefit from that slot.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    @ people with Wands: I'm seriously considering buying enough credits to get a level 7 wand (weathershield). Is it worth it?

edited January 2015
    Depends on your perspective. For example, at 700 cr, that's all the racehats combined, a permanent deathsight and very good weather reduction. It might be more worth it than some artis of the same price. I don't know that the damage at 7 crystals is good enough to replace your standard bashing attack yet though. I'd personally call it a good deal.

I only wish a 20 crystal wand had one or two minor utility abilities in, since the bulk of this item seems to be for bashing.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Rivius said:
    Depends on your perspective. For example, at 700 cr, that's all the racehats combined, a permanent deathsight and very good weather reduction. It might be more worth it than some artis of the same price. I don't know that the damage at 7 crystals is good enough to replace your standard bashing attack yet though. I'd personally call it a good deal.

I only wish a 20 crystal wand had one or two minor utility abilities in, since the bulk of this item seems to be for bashing.
    I'd assume the intent was bashing. That said, the equilibrium speed on it is horrid in comparison to whips, and if it does any higher damage, chances are the speed difference kills it. At this point I'm personally on the fence about how useful the arti was in the end.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Rivius said:

Not knocking changeself but it is an illusion so not quite as good as a race hat. It is as you say far more flexible.