Wand of Wonder!

Comments

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Still no answer on whether these can be used in PvP. I'm glad it's not a combat-altering curio, but combat-altering anything in a promotion erks me.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Yes, a lot of the powers have pvp applications.

Buying crystals, hit me up IG
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Shuyin said:
    Buying crystals, hit me up IG
    What he said.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    edited January 2015
    Well then. Guess it's a good thing I've been holding off on discretionary spending.

Oh gee, really?  Shanth's Living Wand of Horrifying Love? My friends will never forgive me if I change it away from something that ridiculously risque.

EDIT: For any curious about combat implications for damage from wands, my fully powered wand only did about 800 damage on fire type to the same target that destruction did 1700 to. Pretty sure it will be minimal impact.

MORE EDIT: I can confirm that weathershield also decreases highwinds. Will check around different areas as I can, but right now in the Cloud Maelstrom it's an 8% reduction.
    wonderwand activate resurrect aeden
    Taking hold of Shanth's Living Wand of Horrifying Love, you wave it through the air, marking out 
    lines of power with precision.
    There is no such corpse here.

Needs a corpse for the once a month ress. Not sure how anyone else might feel about this, but it feels disappointing to me.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I just feel hot and bothered.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    edited January 2015
    Also, for other people with whips or who are concerned whips are obsolete -

Wand damage attack is not just on eq, but is 4 seconds at base, so whip is faster. I'm not feeling a difference between using them, but I am playing faeling right now so wand might be superior if merian/mugwump. The ability to tune it is what's most interesting, from a bashing angle.

Wand also uses some mana, and notably, willpower to use, so until willpower goes away, whip is better for those with low regen or are clotting a lot for whatever they're bashing.

EDIT:

Final tidbits for the night - astralfling and wondercure can't be done back to back (must wait for eq). Both are stopped by sprawled, as well.

• Wand is a bit faster than whip and does 1300 exco damage. Our eyeblasts are only 1100 or so exco damage. At 20 crystal,s of course.
  • Marcella said:
    Wand is a bit faster than whip and does 1300 exco damage. Our eyeblasts are only 1100 or so exco damage. At 20 crystal,s of course.
    hmm, that's a bit disappointing, I recall that the idea of even creating eyeblast was to balance out the scales of divinus being super-effective on most high tier bashing locations, so the 'undead' players were given a means of a very powerful excroable damage source. Considering that eyeblast is a 1 time use when fully charged, I'd had hoped it would be superior.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited January 2015
    Aerotan said:
    I wouldn't mind having an answer re: whether crystals will be available again later, seperate from this particular promotion.
    I just can't justify dropping almost $600 on anything right now, much less a game, no matter how awesome.
    After exchange rate, NZers are looking at around $780 to buy enough credits for the full amount of crystals.  I'm not willing to fork out that kind of cash when I can get a return plane ticket from New Zealand to the USA (what I am saving up towards for next years return to the states) for $1100ish.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Arcanis said:
    hmm, that's a bit disappointing, I recall that the idea of even creating eyeblast was to balance out the scales of divinus being super-effective on most high tier bashing locations, so the 'undead' players were given a means of a very powerful excroable damage source. Considering that eyeblast is a 1 time use when fully charged, I'd had hoped it would be superior.
    ?? I don't recall eyeblast being to "balance out" divinus bashing. All I remember was it being a flavour sort of mechanic for undead.

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I don't remember exactly how it went down, but I do seem to have a recollection of an excorable-damage skill being made slightly more powerful (damage wise) because of Astral and Muud and stuff being weak to divinus.

Though, you can now get the wand and just do divinus damage to said mobs, so I'm not sure why we're even comparing Eyeblast to the wand?

• That wand is an *extremely* tempting prospect. Changeself, weathershield, portals, and a huge variety of damage types. It's like everything you ever wanted (almost) rolled up in one convenient package.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Can we please have the caster of Wand of Wonder's portal show up on aethersight?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Marcella said:
    Wand is a bit faster than whip and does 1300 exco damage. Our eyeblasts are only 1100 or so exco damage. At 20 crystal,s of course.
    That doesn't sound right, unless Exco damage is being affected differently than other damage types. This is player damage, and on the same player, yes?

Also, @Siam - the user will be off-eq, so anyone can make a trigger to LOOK THROUGH PORTAL when it is casted to see them (and potentially the rest of any other waiting group). Not that there's anything wrong with putting it on aethersight too, but it's totally possible to write a workaround client-side already.

• Actually, question. Is the portal stopped by a monolith? And will dropping a monolith in one of the rooms prevent use of the portal after it has opened? I have a feeling that the answer should be yes to both.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    Thanks for the tip @Vivet! I got jumpy earlier after a portal appeared out of nowhere while I was in the guildhall.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Wait mono'd don't stop it?!?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Oh, that room didn't have a monolith then. It was the portal's sudden appearance that prompted me to check.

#bringShikariback 

• edited January 2015
    Alright Estarra, you finally broke me. Purchased 1000 credits for that wand. Hope your pleased with yourself.

Edit:
    Just shot myself with the wand. Think its usable in pvp.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    So, does the wand need to be wielded?
  • @Estarra said they should function like whips, e.g. damage normal and strong against mobs but lessened vs. players.

• @Estarra did we ever get any clarification on what exactly weathershield does?
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Selenity said:
    So, does the wand need to be wielded?
    For using as a weapon - yes.

Vuris said:
    Alright Estarra, you finally broke me. Purchased 1000 credits for that wand. Hope your pleased with yourself.

Edit:
    Just shot myself with the wand. Think its usable in pvp.
    It's not usable in PvP. It does laughable damage with 20 crystals, even using it with a fair amount of buffs. I mean sure, maybe it can hit as hard as a staff without a single buff and at 10 int... but you won't kill anyone with that either.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • I think that Lusternia already has a lot of currency types (gold, credits, dingbats) and I am just less and less interested in the new forms of currency which are only meant to force players to pay always more when maybe they already have credits/ dingbats. This is a tasteless marketing technique.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited January 2015
    I don't really understand how twists work. Can someone explain in more detail? If you have a 1 crystal wand are you limited to cutting damage as its only power?
  • Rivius said:
    I don't really understand how twists work. Can someone explain in more detail? If you have a 1 crystal wand are you limited to cutting damage as its only power?
    You can twist the wand once you have five crystals- the only effect it has is cosmetic, changing the name of the wand. And yes, attacking with cutting damage is pretty much the only thing you can do with a one crystal wand.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited January 2015
    Oh, wait then I'm even more confused. An epic twist is just a prettier preset name? So you can do all these wand powers without having to switch anything as long as you have crystals? The impression I got was that you twist to have a wand with a single power from that list.
  • Rivius said:
    Oh, wait then I'm even more confused. An epic twist is just a prettier preset name? So you can do all these wand powers without having to switch anything as long as you have crystals? The impression I got was that you twist to have a wand with a single power from that list.
    The more crystals in the wand the stranger/longer the name can be. So for example if Vuris was to have an epic level twist it could be called Vuris' Lovely Wand of Meaningless Doom.
    Ridiculous yes, but oh so fun if you get the right combo.
    Elanorwen  Usable doesn't mean viable. One could use it in combat, but that does not mean it'll be a viable weapon. I believe the question I answered was can it be used in pvp not can it be used to effectively off another player in said pvp combat.