Wand of Wonder!

Comments

• You form a wand out of a single crystal, and add more crystals to it with the same command... It's a bit hard to explain. Say you have five crystals, so you use the command- WONDERWAND FORM- five times. That gives you access to a total of five abilities- the ability to tune your wand to cutting, blunt, or magical damage, the ability to use Deathsight, and the ability to use Changeself. It's a little bit like a staff, but you don't get to choose percentages- you can just WONDERWAND TUNE <damage type>, and it will switch over to using that kind of damage when you wield the wand and attack using WONDERWAND POINT <target>.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Let's just say the damage/type is the last thing any combatant should want a wand for
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Will you get more crystals if you buy more than 2000 credits, or do you stop benefitting from the sale at 2000 credits?

Not that I plan to buy more than 2000 credits.

Just curious.
    edited January 2015
    I think it would be interesting if after getting a level 20 wand, every x crystal added to the wand adds a charge to the once per RL day powers (1 charge to one power only)

Thus adding more reason to keep spending.
    Shuyin said:
    I think it would be interesting if after getting a level 20 wand, every x crystal added to the wand adds a charge to the once per RL day powers. Thus adding more reason to keep spending.
    That would benefit someone who builds the wand and then buys credits, not someone who buys 3000 credits hoping to get 30 crystals.
    I am sure the admin would not have issues removing the 2k cap.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Selenity said:
    Will you get more crystals if you buy more than 2000 credits, or do you stop benefitting from the sale at 2000 credits?

Not that I plan to buy more than 2000 credits.

Just curious.
    With these sorts of promos, it always resets once you hit 2000cr. It usually scales more noticeably to the amount purchased, though.

• There's not a 2000cr cap, you'll keep getting crystals for every 100cr. However, the only thing you can currently do with extra crystals is to trade them (though I'm sure you'll find buyers!).
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Estarra said:
    There's not a 2000cr cap, you'll keep getting crystals for every 100cr. However, the only thing you can currently do with extra crystals is to trade them (though I'm sure you'll find buyers!).
    Did the promo thing get fixed/changed then? I know I got 11 crystals in a 1000cr purchase... and then 9 in the next one (I was assuming a cap and it being affected by IRE elite)

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • @Estarra can you evilly adjust things so that if a person buys 1900 credits they get 19 crystals but if they buy 2000 credits they get 21 crystals so there are a few extra credits randomly floating around for us to fight over? Please?
    I feel like these wand of wonder portals need to work in much the same way as crystalism portals used to work in Achaea (They probably still work that way, I haven't seen one used in years, though, having not played it)

To elaborate - make the portals not be instantaneous, but have a "portal begins to open" message, then another message for "portal opens" some 4-6 seconds later, giving the victi.... errr, target the chance to drop a monolith sigil to cancel the portal before it happens.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Why is it that we don't have that particular skill, anyways? It's not super relevant in Lusternia, where you can just follow in a teleporter (And everyone can teleport), that might be why.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited January 2015
    I stand corrected, I thought it took some time

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Divine portal is instant (which was the difference raised), can only target nexus/godrealm or other cult members. And it's way more expensive than a torus+sphere.
  • Do the elite monthly package tics trigger Crystals?
    edited January 2015
    Aerotan said:
    Do the elite monthly package tics trigger Crystals?
    Doubt it.

EDIT: And which character would it go to? My Elite is linked to a character I haven't played in the past year+

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Ya in the past I never got promotional rewards with elite credits. But I wonder, since you get a bonus to credit purchases, do you get crystals based on the number of credits you pay for, or the number you receive with the bonus.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Daraius said:
    Ya in the past I never got promotional rewards with elite credits. But I wonder, since you get a bonus to credit purchases, do you get crystals based on the number of credits you pay for, or the number you receive with the bonus.
    Uncertain. I know I got 11 crystals when I bought 1000 credits, but then I got 9 crystals when I bought 1000 more. I thought it might be capped... either that or a quick fix on IRE's part to the reward schema to not include IRE elite credits when handing out crystals.

• Elanorwen said:
    I feel like these wand of wonder portals need to work in much the same way as crystalism portals used to work in Achaea (They probably still work that way, I haven't seen one used in years, though, having not played it)

To elaborate - make the portals not be instantaneous, but have a "portal begins to open" message, then another message for "portal opens" some 4-6 seconds later, giving the victi.... errr, target the chance to drop a monolith sigil to cancel the portal before it happens.
    I don't see why dropping a sigil should cancel it. If you're doing something that tricksey you can drop the sigil before hand.
    edited January 2015
    Steingrim said:
    Elanorwen said:

I don't see why dropping a sigil should cancel it. If you're doing something that tricksey you can drop the sigil before hand.
    So there is a warning message, akin to teleport. Ideally, the person casting the portal should show up on aethersight, too.

EDIT: Additionally, if you move before a teleport/summon finishes, it doesn't go through. If I'm running with the Chaos hamster, I expect people trying to port to me to fail to do so.... as opposed to someone opening a portal from one end of the Basin to the other and being down my throat in a couple of seconds while I'm navigating around obstacles that the chaos hamster imposes on me.

• edited January 2015
    Elanorwen said:
    Steingrim said:
    Elanorwen said:

So there is a warning message, akin to teleport. Ideally, the person casting the portal should show up on aethersight, too.

EDIT: Additionally, if you move before a teleport/summon finishes, it doesn't go through. If I'm running with the Chaos hamster, I expect people trying to port to me to fail to do so.... as opposed to someone opening a portal from one end of the Basin to the other and being down my throat in a couple of seconds while I'm navigating around obstacles that the chaos hamster imposes on me.
    I didn't comment on the message parts because I didn't have a position on those.

Edit: Comment on your edit. Not sure we want to go down the route of changing things for an event. That said, if the admin think it is a problem, I'd rather see certain things turned off for events if needed. The admin could code things so that you can't portal to someone holding the hamster. It being all chaotic and stuff.
    edited January 2015
    Steingrim said:
    I didn't comment on the message parts because I didn't have a position on those.
    So what you're saying is you want the portal from the wand to not be cancelled by monolith. You do realize that means the Chaos/Final Ascension challenges being made ridiculous by this free promo, right?

EDIT: For the record, it -is- cancelled by monolith now. I'm asking for a delay to be added to the portal so people can drop monos if they don't have one and see a baddie porting in.

EDIT2: Any teleportation ability not being stopped by monolith will bring guild hall invasions and similar. Catch a newbie unaware in a guild hall, even if they have a monolith, they're screwed and letting enemies in? No, thanks.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    +1 for mono's stopping portals

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Steingrim said:
    So what you're saying is you want the portal from the wand to not be cancelled by monolith. You do realize that means the Chaos/Final Ascension challenges being made ridiculous by this free promo, right?

EDIT: For the record, it -is- cancelled by monolith now. I'm asking for a delay to be added to the portal so people can drop monos if they don't have one and see a baddie porting in.

EDIT2: Any teleportation ability not being stopped by monolith will bring guild hall invasions and similar. Catch a newbie unaware in a guild hall, even if they have a monolith, they're screwed and letting enemies in? No, thanks.
    I'm saying not to cancel it if it is 'in progress'. As in 'not cancel', but not as in 'not prevent'.
  • Even with limits, wondercure is probably a bit much if it cures everything.

I have been told prone can stop it (waiting on clarification of sprawled or any prone), but this still means any combo based guilds that don't naturally prone (aeoners for instance) won't be able to stop a wondercure. If this cures wounds it also lets you readily undo all wounding.

Can we balance this so it is still useful for say, bashing, and make it cost like 8 power or something to offset the huge advantage it provides in...... everything? A simple limiter of time is not really on par.  Refresh me is considered powerful and it only really refreshes hme, not even removing things that are going to kill you.

I am okay with wonderwand, but I dislike that every time we add an arty it pushes up the levels for PvP.
    edited January 2015
    Malarious said:

I am okay with wonderwand, but I dislike that every time we add an arty it pushes up the levels for PvP.

~~~~~~~~
    I totally understand your concerns, but given that some people spent real money to get 2000 credits to get the wonderwand, I would argue (and hope) that any and all nerfing would be for future products and not the wonderwand itself.
    edited January 2015
    Selenity said:
    Malarious said:
    I totally understand your concerns, but given that some people spent real money to get 2000 credits to get the wonderwand, I would argue (and hope) that any and all nerfing would be for future products and not the wonderwand itself.
    I spent real money getting 2000 credits to get a wonderwand and I completely agree with what @Malarious is saying on top of the suggestion I made for portals.

EDIT: Repairwork to block quotes.

• @Estarra does the weather ability of the wand work like this:

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Furry dog don't care. It's pretty badass, look. The furry dog is just craaaazzzy.