Wand of Wonder!

I think this mid-month promo is pretty unique, so let me know what you think! I understand some may like a little more info on the powers so we'll try to add a help file or in-game command, but in the meantime, feel free to ask me here!

Comments

• Questions!

What is the damage like? Is a full wand at bashing attack levels or more? Or is it like a whip and that it is mostly a bashing thing and not for pvp?

How is the damage type going to work? Do you get to pick which you want based on your number of crystals?

What exactly is the Weather Shield power (I can guess it is some weather protection, but how much)? What is the Wondercure power? What about the Portals power, what is this exactly?
  • edited January 2015
    A wand of pow... wait, what is this new magical thing? :)
  • Another question about the powers list shown - is the number next to the power the number required to select that power or do you get that power at that crystals (ie at 1 crystal you can pick astralfling without any damage type or 13 crystals you can pick astralfling)?
  • Ayisdra said:
    Questions!

What is the damage like? Is a full wand at bashing attack levels or more? Or is it like a whip and that it is mostly a bashing thing and not for pvp?

How is the damage type going to work? Do you get to pick which you want based on your number of crystals?

What exactly is the Weather Shield power (I can guess it is some weather protection, but how much)? What is the Wondercure power? What about the Portals power, what is this exactly?
    Damage is very similar to a whip. A full 20-crystal wand will actually surpass damage of a whip. You choose the damage type (if it's available) and point the wand at target.

The powers you receive are in the order listed on the announce, so you do not get to pick the type.

Weathershield protects against weather. Ieptix isn't here so I can't ask him exactly how much he coded it (and I'm having VM issues).

Wondercure cures all ailments and refreshes h/m/e.

Portals sends a portal to a person on same plane/continent.

• 20 crystals means all the powers?
  • Estarra said:
    Ayisdra said:
    Questions!

Damage is very similar to a whip. A full 20-crystal wand will actually surpass damage of a whip. You choose the damage type (if it's available) and point the wand at target.

The powers you receive are in the order listed on the announce, so you do not get to pick the type.

Weathershield protects against weather. Ieptix isn't here so I can't ask him exactly how much he coded it (and I'm having VM issues).

Wondercure cures all ailments and refreshes h/m/e.

Portals sends a portal to a person on same plane/continent.

There's no information about if shards can be traded. Seems like a person could wind up with duplicates.
  • Yes, 20 crystals means you have all the powers.
  • I'm very concerned about the combat implications of AstralFling.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    There's no information about if shards can be traded. Seems like a person could wind up with duplicates.
    You get powers based on the amount of crystals you have on the wand. There is only one type of crystal. You can't get 5 crystals that give cutting damage, for instance because there is no such thing as a crystal that gives cutting damage.

Unrelated: If damage is above destro-level at 20 crystals, does that damage scale down against players and does it come from a source? I.e. brute/magical/int/cha/whatever?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • And another question on the damage -

Is the damage like a whip in that it only really works on mobs, or is the damage going to work on players as well?
  • Also does the wand have to be wielded, because if so that's kinda sucky.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Marcella said:
    I'm very concerned about the combat implications of AstralFling.
    You can fling yourself, not enemies. Question was raised and answered on envoys.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Can the wand be used for PvP? Or is its damage nerfed against other players like whips?

What are the restrictions on WonderCure? Can it be done prone?

What are the restrictions on portal?  Mutual allies? Goes through mono etc?

Does the wand need to be wielded?
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Wands!
    \:D/

Love it
  • Elanorwen said:
    You get powers based on the amount of crystals you have on the wand. There is only one type of crystal. You can't get 5 crystals that give cutting damage, for instance because there is no such thing as a crystal that gives cutting damage.

Unrelated: If damage is above destro-level at 20 crystals, does that damage scale down against players and does it come from a source? I.e. brute/magical/int/cha/whatever?
    Ah I thought the crystals were a set power, a bit like curio bits being a fixed kind. Thank you.
  • I am incredibly tempted to buy 2000 credits. But I must resist.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I really want this, but I can't buy credits yet this month. /wrist Life sucks.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• I had some initial concerns about the powers but now I do actually feel this is a really great promo. I suppose it is also only fair that if you spend 2k credits you get something better than the whip.

I do hope for future ways to keep on earning and / or buying crystals, I just can't nor won't put that much on a game in one go, but this seems like it could be a nice thing for people to work on over time as a long term 'endgame' personal project. Please do consider this. I think there is money to be had in that.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Can you be more specific about how wand damage compares to basing attacks and whips? Like, what number of crystals is equal to a whip, what percent increase in damage is a 20 crystal wand over a whip, and so forth?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • I already issued it, but the command to trade the crystals does not seem to work, it just opens the syntax overview
  • Rialorm said:
    I had some initial concerns about the powers but now I do actually feel this is a really great promo. I suppose it is also only fair that if you spend 2k credits you get something better than the whip.

I do hope for future ways to keep on earning and / or buying crystals, I just can't nor won't put that much on a game in one go, but this seems like it could be a nice thing for people to work on over time as a long term 'endgame' personal project. Please do consider this. I think there is money to be had in that.
    It is kinda annoying that whips have been made somewhat obsolete. It might be nice if you could trade whips in for a certain number of shards.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    They're not really obsolete, you can get the damage type you want on demand, where you have to work up to it in wands. 

Divinus/exco (most popular whip types) are 18-19 crystals.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Wand seems a bit pricey to me, but the concept is amazing. Well done!
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Steingrim said:

Rialorm said:

I had some initial concerns about the powers but now I do actually feel this is a really great promo. I suppose it is also only fair that if you spend 2k credits you get something better than the whip.

It is kinda annoying that whips have been made somewhat obsolete. It might be nice if you could trade whips in for a certain number of shards.

Obsolete how? It's not like everyone and their brother is going to get a wand.

That's like saying cast blast is now obsolete because -some- people have staves.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Idea: sell wand shards for dingbats.
  • I wouldn't mind having an answer re: whether crystals will be available again later, seperate from this particular promotion.
    I just can't justify dropping almost $600 on anything right now, much less a game, no matter how awesome.
  • Shaddus said:
    Rialorm said:

Obsolete how? It's not like everyone and their brother is going to get a wand. That's like saying cast blast is now obsolete because -some- people have staves.
    I meant for people who have them and wands. "Somewhat" is a qualifier.
    I guess I can see that, yeah.

Maybe they'll get changed into an eyeblast-esque sort of attack that has to be charged and then does a ton of damage.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Remember though: wands are on eq and whips are on balance, so there is that...tiny difference!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback