Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    If that's all you got, you missed a fair bit. Welcome back though!

As for the combat scene, I don't think it's toxic so much as heavily partisan. I've sat in clans listening to people swear up and down that other people in their org are (insert opposing org) plants designed to bring their org down via the envoy system, or even mere presence. I've heard people actually say that people log into a certain org just to make it seem more popular and attract new players. 

If there's one thing I think we can all agree on, it's that many of us assume the worst in others without real reason.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • psh. if we all got tossed into Lusternia for real, SAO or Log horizon style, we would be murderizing each other within a month Gametime, judging from the forum talks. There would be no way to defuse things without the OOC channels.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    It's not toxicity; it's passion
  • that's what she said while clutching the smoking gun and standing over the corpse @Kaimanahi.
    Conflict like this triggers our hardwired base instincts honed by years and years of evolution. Modern society as we know it   now is a very recent blip in human evolutionary history. it's a wink! a nano-second. We haven't caught up yet.

Ordassa's a manly gay as hell trill with no combat skills or a head for politicking. I'd be dead in ten seconds flat. XD
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Death is such an ingrained part of Lusternia though, I don't know how long SAOsternia would last.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I don't even PK and I have had some players feel the need to message me about how so-and-so in my org/enemy org is a dick and you just don't know the truuuuuth! Unless it's actually abusive snub-worthy behavior (in which case, snub), it just sounds to me like stuff I've seen other people do from other orgs over the years, and frankly I don't assume the other people are all dicks for it! We are all human beings who sometimes do dumb stuff, sometimes get competitive, and sometimes get bitter or defensive. But I don't buy this "Player So-And-So is out to get Org X" rhetoric, regarding anyone from any org, honestly. We are just here to play a game. Can we live??
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Sylandra said:
    We are all human beings who sometimes do dumb stuff,
    I am a potato, thus I do not do dumb stuff. I AM PERFECT.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    I'm a look addict D: help! Cleaning any log that I logged is painful because I look and who here and whatnot so often :(
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Luce said:
    Sometimes, when no one says anything for a bit, I cycle through SC, STAT, QW, WHO, THIRDEYE, WHO, SCENT, II, QL...
    I also do some of these randomly when I'm idling, and can't explain the behaviour to myself. Am I subconsciously assuring myself that I haven't disconnected? Or that the game world is still very much alive despite nothing happening at the moment? Or am I subconsciously trying to inspire myself to do something more active? Only the Lusternia Gods know. :|

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    The really embarrassing bit is that I do those things without thinking on other games and chat clients. I've actually gotten to the point with one of my skype contacts where he has a copy/pasted mock WHO.
  • You are dead and cannot do that. x100000
  • Finally caught up to 2 weeks of forums.

lol.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Domoth was fun for the small amount of time, but after that and the soul-crushing lag I felt my book 100x more than I felt waiting for commands to go through. I like the level of activity I saw, though! Keep it up, guys.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • I had a good minute where no commands went through. And then suddenly gangbang
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    It happened on both sides. It was pretty awful.

• Yes.
    ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂ ɪᴛs ʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ sᴀʟᴛ! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂                                ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`

• So...Just gonna say I love and hate playing here. 
  • Death event? Oh goodie! Time to prep my icepits.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    One year they'll change Icediggers to 5pt mobs.

One year.. 

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• I had an 11th hour inspiration for bardics. Now to see if I can actually write it in three days.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Nikka needs more people to rp with. Otherwise I may as well just be playing WoW.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods

@Veyils Thanks for the 3v1 wargames. Your naked hatred is showing. 
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited November 2016
    Because Veyils is, of course, well known for partisanship and distaste for the "other side".  Unlike Enyalida, who is entirely and totally clean in everything that she ever does; she would never stoop to hypocrisy!

Edit: For those who cannot tell, you really should be able to.  The above is very obvious ham-fisted /sarcasm.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Does the new trap change affect springs too? how do they work now?
  • Once triggered they work the same; the only difference is that they trigger on any entry rather than entry from a specific direction.
  • Rivius said:
    Does the new trap change affect springs too? how do they work now?
    All traps are now max one per room. Pits only fire on entrance, other traps fire on both entrance and exit. Springs work how they did before, just remove the first direction from the syntax. Now it's LAY SPRINGTRAP <dir>, and it'll move them in that direction when it fires.
This discussion has been closed.