Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• edited November 2016
    Its been two weeks or so since anything last happened in regards  to faethorn. The sun knights showed up, Maeve is still having her headaches and Lhiannan spoke to Edith who told her to be patient. This was about the 14th of the month.

I know Rancoura and myself have kept going back into faethorn and speaking with the Queen and the various fae and knights around, myself every other day or so, to see if there are any more breadcrumbs or clues as to what we should be doing but so far its just been the pre-programmed responses.

So just sit tight I guess and remain patient as the mobs have advised.

• I don't think the latest artisinals were properly uploaded to the website. Pls fix.

• Yarith said:
    Kill Maeve :)
    I suggested we go back to the old way of far gathering. Does this make me a bad forestal? 

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• CONTENTIOUS POST HERE:

Hey, let's not make threats about chopping elders because someone killed a thunderbird. The retaliation is nowhere near equal and it is just petty.
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
  • I do what I want :)
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Yarith said:
    I do what I want :)
    Saving this for posterity.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Someone did the vine thing in Mag. I went and got an axe, but by the time I got back, the vines spread to the Highway. And then Acknor. And they're still creeping north. I don't got discretionary powers. All non-forest civilization shall collapse soon. :D

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Qistrel said:
    Someone did the vine thing in Mag. I went and got an axe, but by the time I got back, the vines spread to the Highway. And then Acknor. And they're still creeping north. I don't got discretionary powers. All non-forest civilization shall collapse soon. :D
    Vines and fire shall have the epic battle for the end days of lusternia. #Doomsday
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • To the person that set Etherglom on fire when the only people on were me and Udeyo, and I was harvesting off-Prime,

Well done.

Warm regards,
    Versalean
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Versalean said:
    To the person that set Etherglom on fire when the only people on were me and Udeyo, and I was harvesting off-Prime,

Well done.

Warm regards,
    Versalean
    Hey. I have no idea as to where that fire come from, I was not involved ( nor am a particular fan of fire setting ) , but I wanted to hand out some quick ideas as how to get rid of the fires even if you're alone ( since the envoy report nerfing fire spread is in ):

go to sweet water source, do 'rift fill from bucket;fill bucket with water' and repeat that. you get several sips per full bucket, but you only need 1 sip to douse a fire in a room!
    get a bucket
    repeat 'rift drain 1 water to bucket;douse fire'

do -not- use nature rain. Nature rain will throw you off balance for several seconds, douse will not. (Douse is a skill in environment, which without fire sadly are a lot harder to fight)

Mainly posting it because I've noticed how few people in my own org knew about this. I have doused whole areas in a matter of minutes alone with this. Hope it helps a little!
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I think vines need looking at in regards to their spread rate. There were four of us chopping (of course we had no protectors around) and working for an hour we STILL couldn't get them under control. I don't know if the balance is longer for chop than dousing but it really seems as though they spread faster than we could chop, even with 4 people. I can't tell you how many times I went over the same area over and over and over. 

Also whoever has been dropping the meteors in Mag to lol about the vines it's lame and so are you. Fires are lame. No one wants to spend a large chunk of their time fighting irritating mechanics for a two second troll. Aerosol and what not is well and good - except when it's the quietest time of the day/night and no security are around.

TL;DR I gave up playing LoL and going to bed at a decent hour to fight those shitty vines. Not cool. (Oh, and yes, we had novices die to them. Fun times right?)

This fire setting and vining stuff is sigh.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Lavinya said:
    I think vines need looking at in regards to their spread rate. There were four of us chopping (of course we had no protectors around) and working for an hour we STILL couldn't get them under control. I don't know if the balance is longer for chop than dousing but it really seems as though they spread faster than we could chop, even with 4 people. I can't tell you how many times I went over the same area over and over and over. 

Also whoever has been dropping the meteors in Mag to lol about the vines it's lame and so are you. Fires are lame. No one wants to spend a large chunk of their time fighting irritating mechanics for a two second troll. Aerosol and what not is well and good - except when it's the quietest time of the day/night and no security are around.

TL;DR I gave up playing LoL and going to bed at a decent hour to fight those shitty vines. Not cool. (Oh, and yes, we had novices die to them. Fun times right?)
    This is relatively equivalent to the experience of trying to fight forest fires with Nature Rain, btw.  Nature Rain does have an EQ cost to it.

Douse itself has no balance cost so you can trigger it to put one sip from your rift into a bucket and then douse the fire in the room (allowing one person to just run around and extinguish an entire fire).  Chop should be made to function similarly when killing these vines, I'd say (better that than putting a balance cost on Douse, fires are already aggravating enough).
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Yeah I was pretty sure douse had no balance cost. Something similar needs to be done about vines. Chop is also higher in the skillset and you need an axe so it just feels extra irritating.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Maybe a similarly levelled Environment skill called Vinerip? Use two iron to make shears and then you have a no balance consuming weeding tool for your room.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • edited November 2016
    Time to go astrology

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    Having to tell low level players to stay out of the city because there's not enough people around to actually stop the vines from running rampant makes me wonder if things have gone too far. I don't know who did it, but congratulations, you killed a novice.

• Guess we'll need to envoy a vine version of douse, maybe it can even be an addition to douse, pour some liquid on the vines and they die (pesticide like).

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• edited November 2016
    I've had to chop the entire highway free of vines twice today, but I couldn't nip them at their source since I'm enemied to Mag. Please nerf vines.
    (clan): Falmiis says, "Aramelise, verb, 1. adorn with many flowers."
  • 80% sure its Taevyn, who droped the meteor he was one of the few astrologers on at the time. So ya can thank him Aramel for your effeorts on the highway and the mags work in their city :dizzy:
    edited November 2016
    If it can travel along the highways, does it also go into Celest / Gaudiguch / Hallifax / the villages?  Because if so those things are pretty much never getting cleared...
  • edited November 2016
    Actually your 80% was a bad bet. It wasn't Taevyn, and nor was it me.
    You know what they say about assumptions though.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Yarith said:
    Actually your 80% was a bad bet, it wasn't Taevyn, and nor was it me.
    You know what they say about assumptions though.

Who was it then? Someone with high level astrology who entered etherglom and and mag and droped the meteor. I didn't see any other astrology combatants on at the time.
  • Does it really matter who it was though? It really doesn't. :)

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Ah well he's getting IG blamed for it until the other person steps forwards IG I guess.
    For any Mags working on it: You can't fight it randomly unless you have overwhelming force.  The key is finding choke points and places where you can clear it out of, and then constantly checking to ensure it is not re-encroaching on your cleared area while you keep pushing it back.  Have to really focus on the map, because if you let it it will just spread back in from the other direction behind you and you make no progress at all.

Ideally, if you can find even two people, you station one to do nothing but keep it from coming back into cleared areas while the other pushes it back.  You should be able to do it with two, but needs coordination.  The more rooms you have cleared, the easier it is to contain because there is lesser capacity for spreading.

Ps: Do not miss a room.  Or it will come back.  And have to do it allllll over again. :(
This discussion has been closed.