Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Actually, nothing is ever so simple. Both sides are easy to condemn and demand heads for those who did things, but fail to deal / see their own griefers. There is no moral high ground, every org got them and every org fails to reign them in.

Doesn't help that those people prefer the quiet time to start their things / do them in secret.

In case of fire I can say, as it currently is, it's a lot less of a pain ( I recently doused the whole of balach within less then 5 minutes ) then it used to be, maybe we can get vines to a level where they are also easily dealt with ( maybe the new skill will accomplish this ? I hope it will ). I think addresses the mechanics to be a lot easier to deal with.

Still setting them on purpose is sad :(

As for the newbie, I do sincerely hope that innocence does protect from vines/fire :(
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • edited November 2016
    The newbie died twice I think so I'm guessing innocence dosn't protect from vines.

EDIT: Also not tested it yet but I assume salting vines takes no balance so you can just run around doing it all auto like douse.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    How long will it take us to run out of salt?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Yarith said:
    Actually your 80% was a bad bet. It wasn't Taevyn, and nor was it me.
    You know what they say about assumptions though.
    Yarith said:
    Does it really matter who it was though? It really doesn't. :)
    You've apparently been holding hands with Taevyn and know for a fact that he didn't do it. You've also already said it wasn't Shedrin. You're obviously sure of who it "isn't", but we've all pretty much noticed that it doesn't seem to be happening to Hallifax or Gaudiguch. So unless you're willing to tell us who it is, or you have real input that matters, your passive-aggressive posts really aren't helping as much as you think they are.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Firstly: Nobody mentioned Shedrin. Secondly: lol

(I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    Yarith said:
    Firstly: Nobody mentioned Shedrin. Secondly: lol

Never mind, I thought you were part of the conversation last week on PDA about vines and who was setting them. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited November 2016
    Uh, is NEXUS DEFOLIATE not working @Magnagora ? Not a dig, just wondering if that would've been a lot easier than chopping the vines menace.

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Maligorn said:
    Uh, is NEXUS DEFOLIATE not working @Magnagora ? Not a dig, just wondering if that would've been a lot easier than chopping the vines menace.
    Lavinya mentioned that there was no security around for the time being.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
    And even if it did, it doesn't keep the vines on the roads from hitting people and spreading. 
  • Hmm interesting point. All the forests are essentially islands to themselves so even if you set one 100% on fire the fire wont spread beyond a certain point.

Urban areas count as road so the vines could in theory spread out of mag, into celest/gaudi/hallifax and like well so on right?
    Veyils said:
    Hmm interesting point. All the forests are essentially islands to themselves so even if you set one 100% on fire the fire wont spread beyond a certain point.

Urban areas count as road so the vines could in theory spread out of mag, into celest/gaudi/hallifax and like well so on right?
    I feel like that was a question I asked a few posts ago!  And what about villages?
  • Yea I cant see any water breaks or non urban breaks between the areas so like one meteor if left unattended could like cover the world!
    So is this year's World End Event "everyone fight the vines"?  Kethuru released via Envoy report?
  • Xenthos said:
    So is this year's World End Event "everyone fight the vines"?  Kethuru released via Envoy report?
    Lerad wrote that report, right? I'm so proud of my Soulless e-husband!
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
  • Lerad said:
    lol.

Hey @Estarra. I hope you're paying attention. This isn't the first time when the people who have been telling you again and again that these mechanics need to be deleted finally get the larger game population to feel their experience and give voice to their complaints. And the result? The exact same feedback that was given before. It is pretty much a big "I told you so."

I would have inserted a paragraph here that digs up the past experiences Glomdoring has had to face, and which rehashes the utter disdain I have for the low lives that used to do it to Glomdoring, but since most of them have moved on from the game (good riddance) I'll just make this paragraph an oblique reference to them instead.

Hey, whoever is out there setting the vines/fires and griefing people right now in their tradition? Good job. This is exactly what we needed to (hopefully) highlight the issue again and get real progress to deleting them once and for all. And fuck you. You're an asshole doing things that the game will be better without having in the first place.
    Wait a minute.

Weren't you the one who made report #1044 that ultimately led to vines being a thing?
    Thanks @Lerad.
    Falmiis said:
    Lerad said:
    lol.

Hey @Estarra. I hope you're paying attention. This isn't the first time when the people who have been telling you again and again that these mechanics need to be deleted finally get the larger game population to feel their experience and give voice to their complaints. And the result? The exact same feedback that was given before. It is pretty much a big "I told you so."

I would have inserted a paragraph here that digs up the past experiences Glomdoring has had to face, and which rehashes the utter disdain I have for the low lives that used to do it to Glomdoring, but since most of them have moved on from the game (good riddance) I'll just make this paragraph an oblique reference to them instead.

Hey, whoever is out there setting the vines/fires and griefing people right now in their tradition? Good job. This is exactly what we needed to (hopefully) highlight the issue again and get real progress to deleting them once and for all. And fuck you. You're an asshole doing things that the game will be better without having in the first place.
    Wait a minute.

Weren't you the one who made report #1044 that ultimately led to vines being a thing?
    That is why he wrote: "finally get the larger game population to feel their experience."
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    The only reasons I log in to Phoebus anymore are to tend my shop and keep my uncollared beasts alive. Sigh. I guess she still counts as my "main" because she has about 5000x more artifacts than my other characters, but I don't know if she'll ever be the character I want to play the most again. Hallifax just feels...different. It's not my home anymore. I don't think anywhere is. But it was for so long, that when I log in on her, all I feel is this weird mix of nostalgia and regret, and I'm forced to accept that Lusternia just isn't the same light in my life as it was years ago. 
  • Qistrel said:
    Having to tell low level players to stay out of the city because there's not enough people around to actually stop the vines from running rampant makes me wonder if things have gone too far. I don't know who did it, but congratulations, you killed a novice.
    Maybe I'm just different, but I absolutely loved this kind of stuff back in the day. Among my favorite memories were when Seren itself was dangerous when the False Gods were running around. All the big kids were up on other planes battling/snarking at the doppelgods, with little old me and @Xypher running around trying to douse the entire forest by ourselves until we literally ran out of willpower. Or hiding in trees cause giant bunny rabbits were running around nomming us.

It wasn't easy, but it definitely was fun. A lot of friendships were born in hard times like that.

I'd tell you about the times we had to run to Faethorn through Tolborolla uphill both ways, but I need to go yell at these damned kids until they get off my lawn.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    Phoebus said:
    The only reasons I log in to Phoebus anymore are to tend my shop and keep my uncollared beasts alive. Sigh. I guess she still counts as my "main" because she has about 5000x more artifacts than my other characters, but I don't know if she'll ever be the character I want to play the most again. Hallifax just feels...different. It's not my home anymore. I don't think anywhere is. But it was for so long, that when I log in on her, all I feel is this weird mix of nostalgia and regret, and I'm forced to accept that Lusternia just isn't the same light in my life as it was years ago. 
    Every org will feel different over time as people come and go.  I have experienced so many different GlomFeels over the years.  But I can usually find something in it to enjoy (either going along with or standing against it).  There are people around who will want to play with you, though!  And it is perfectly all right to not have the same attachment you did.  We, as humans, change over time as well.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    edited November 2016
    It got into Acknor from the road, so it seems it can do that, yes. And yeah, it mostly happens when there's me, Lav and lowbies around, and none of us can use defoliate, and neither me or Lav are gonna be appointed security any time soon. I'm not sure how this is in any way helpful to the game. It doesn't encourage combat at all, its: wait till the city is empty, drop meteors, run away. And then later one of us pop in to find the whole place already overrun.

• Riluna said:
    Qistrel said:
    Having to tell low level players to stay out of the city because there's not enough people around to actually stop the vines from running rampant makes me wonder if things have gone too far. I don't know who did it, but congratulations, you killed a novice.
    Maybe I'm just different, but I absolutely loved this kind of stuff back in the day. Among my favorite memories were when Seren itself was dangerous when the False Gods were running around. All the big kids were up on other planes battling/snarking at the doppelgods, with little old me and @Xypher running around trying to douse the entire forest by ourselves until we literally ran out of willpower. Or hiding in trees cause giant bunny rabbits were running around nomming us.

It wasn't easy, but it definitely was fun. A lot of friendships were born in hard times like that.

I'd tell you about the times we had to run to Faethorn through Tolborolla uphill both ways, but I need to go yell at these damned kids until they get off my lawn.
    I find there is a difference between administration run events like these and players lol drop meteor fire/vine irritations. If you enjoy cleaning up other people's messes which continue to spawn (as was the case with these vines,  which just says to me that aspect was missed when this was put in), party on but some people don't enjoy it.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

Some?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    So glad the new skill was added so quickly. I dealt with fires too. I'm not new to this grief. It's lame. 

• Xenthos said:
    Some?
    I could say most? Hard to gauge when four out of six organization haven't had to deal with this problem until more recently and vines didn't have an easy way to remove until this came up.

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• We can't control what other people do. But how you feel about it is ultimately a choice you make.

It definitely helps when others are along for the ride. Perspective is everything.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Okay, if you find it fun, awesome but don't expect others to. People tend to not like things that take away from them having fun on their terms. As was the case with folks dealing with the vines. Maybe that lowbie is fine, maybe they're wondering why their own organization is suddenly murdering them and don't find it fun. Either way, it's obvious that Lavinya and Qistrel did not enjoy it.

Also I feel like this vines thing needs to not spread past the area boundary. Or we could just be JojoBo again!

This discussion has been closed.