Mudlet Questions

Comments

• What Iasmos said. Basically, use room marks (what Kelly explained) to tag certain rooms with a "name" that you can call with the standard goto alias.

And then use my alias to call the marked name of the room, and my alias will automatically tell the walker to glide or sprint, if you have the relevant defence up. You won't have to type in anything extra at the end - it'll just get used automatically.

• If I have tables ui.labels.enemies.rframe_1.front, ui.labels.enemies.rframe_2.front, ui.labels.enemies.rframe_3.front, etc, how do I set up a loop to step through them all?

ui.labels.enemies[3].front doesn't work.

I don't mind having to rearrange the tables if I've set them up in a stupid way.
  • edited June 2014
    Yes, you should re-arrange them to be table "arrays" instead, but you can use a string index, also.
    for i=1,3 do
      print(ui.labels.enemies["rframe_" .. i].front)
    end

• Brilliant, thanks. I think I get how it works now and it's made the code ten times shorter.
  • edited July 2014
    I'm looking for a script to visually remove Lusternia map spam from the main window/column and have a constant display in the bottom-right side inset panel. 

I thought there was info posted on the old forums, but could be wrong. Furthermore I didn't find what I was looking for in either flipping through Mechanics Corner or search...

Could somebody point me in the right direction?
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Lifted directly from the Mudlet wiki
    mapper = Geyser.Mapper:new({
      name = "mapper",
      x = "65%", y = 0, -- edit here if you want to move it
      width = "30%", height = "50%"
    })
  • edited July 2014
    Ushaara said:
    Lifted directly from the Mudlet wiki
    <snip>
    That makes a window for the mudlet mapper. If you want to use the IG map (aka the output of the MAP command or CONFIG MAPVIEW ON) you'd need to make a trigger to capture the map and a window to which to echo it.

I wrote a trigger that captures the map (and tried to leave instructions for how to use it in the comments). I put it up at http://pastebin.com/MiaWPu5s - save that text as a .xml file and import it into mudlet if you want to use it.
  • Thanks @Ushaara for the idea! I managed to install the Mudlet Wiki Mapper successfully... and by that I mean properly situate it as a side, inset panel within my Mudlet setup. The mapper tools properly appear; however, there is no map to be found. Furthermore it causes my eight-year-old Macbook to pinwheel upon opening Lusternia. I don't doubt the Mudlet Wiki Mapper is a good tool. Though it just isn't for me. 

@Belibi, thank you as well. the CONFIG MAPVIEW ON is the map I originally wanted within the side panel. I'll follow your directions to DL and install. Hopefully this is the solution that I'm looking for.
  • edited July 2014
    Feels like I'm missing stuff, but can't work out what would fit in space :(
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Oh man, I want :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Syrennia said:
    Feels like I'm missing stuff, but can't work out what would fit in space :(
    IN HERE / WHO HERE visualizer and an inventory visualizer perhaps?
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • DysDys
    edited July 2014
    That's neat. Much tidier than mine. I've got two astrology windows, the current room description, weather, night/day/indoors picture, ents & timers, m&m do queue, items in room and afflictions (via m&m and Draylor's Saracen).

Oh, and the pic of Gaudiguch from Lusternia's website because it's brilliant.

I never look at the afflictions window because it's too much so will probably replace it with lights for the just ones that prevent movement. Webbed, stunned, pitted, etc
    Slow progress is better than no progress... But that black space is ugly, and I'm not really big on inventory tracking as part of my UI. :(
  • Look in the m&m code samples for the afflictions visualizer, you might want to use the base code from that and wrap it in your own GUI.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
    Sooo, any chance of sharing/selling it? :D
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• Well, I DO need credits. <.<

also @Rialorm, coding for that window is bugged. I looked at the entire thing, including what m&m actually calls to update it. mm.affl doesn't update properly, so that makes the window not update at all... @Vadi?
    *whips out credit book. Exclaims, "I actually have a credit book, yay!" Waits to send credits*

• Still needs some work, because I'm not 100% sure if it will scale with higher resolutions (it should, but I'm not 100%), will have a look tomorrow when I have more time. Then I'll look at giving it away, if people want it.
  • Syrennia said:
    Well, I DO need credits. <.<

also @Rialorm, coding for that window is bugged. I looked at the entire thing, including what m&m actually calls to update it. mm.affl doesn't update properly, so that makes the window not update at all... @Vadi?
    Try turning mmconfig eventaffs on... although mm.affl should always be updated.
  • edited July 2014
    Vadi said:
    Syrennia said:
    Well, I DO need credits. <.<

That worked. Any idea about this not updating, then? Nothing I can find indicates why it's not.
    [spoiler]{
      reishi = 0,
      chervil = 0,
      earwort = 1,
      yarrow = 0,
      juniper = 0,
      wormwood = 0,
      colewort = 0,
      coltsfoot = 1,
      galingale = 0,
      merbloom = 0,
      myrtle = 0,
      kombu = 0,
      arnica = 1,
      spices = 0,
      kafe = 0,
      horehound = 0,
      sparkleberry = 0,
      marjoram = 0,
      mistletoe = 0,
      sage = 0,
      rosehips = 0,
      rawtea = 0,
      sargassum = 0,
      flax = 0,
      calamus = 0,
      pennyroyal = 1,
      faeleaf = 0,
      weed = 0
    }
    (m&m): Code ran OK, there were no results.
    [H:4664|M:6300|E:6900][P:10][bk ex](m&m): Stuffing everything away...
    [H:4664|M:6300|E:6900][P:10][bk ex]
    You store 1 earwort in the rift, bringing the total to 44.
    You store 1 coltsfoot in the rift, bringing the total to 66.
    You store 1 arnica in the rift, bringing the total to 40.
    You store 1 pennyroyal in the rift, bringing the total to 134.
    {
      reishi = 0,
      chervil = 0,
      earwort = 1,
      yarrow = 0,
      juniper = 0,
      wormwood = 0,
      colewort = 0,
      coltsfoot = 1,
      galingale = 0,
      merbloom = 0,
      myrtle = 0,
      kombu = 0,
      arnica = 1,
      spices = 0,
      kafe = 0,
      horehound = 0,
      sparkleberry = 0,
      marjoram = 0,
      mistletoe = 0,
      sage = 0,
      rosehips = 0,
      rawtea = 0,
      sargassum = 0,
      flax = 0,
      calamus = 0,
      pennyroyal = 1,
      faeleaf = 0,
      weed = 0
    }
    (m&m): Code ran OK, there were no results.
    [H:4664|M:6300|E:6900][P:10][bk ex][/spoiler]

For reference, using 'vlua display(mm.me.invcontents)' to check that list, before and after rifting. 'mm.me.riftcontents' doesn't seem to change, either.

Edit: Final - I think I'm happy with this, at least for the time being.
  • edited July 2014
    That's not mm.affl - that's one of the herb tracking tables. Which one are you going for? :)

• Vadi said:
    That's not mm.affl - that's one of the herb tracking tables. Which one are you going for? :)
    I know it's not! I meant I got the mm.affl thing working, now I'm trying to see why mm.riftcontents and mm.invcontents aren't updating whenever things are outrifted/inrifted. :(
  • Vadi said:

Dhoh. This seemed to cure my afflictions window problem. I thought there had to be a simple solution for this frustrating problem. Thanks @Vadi and @Rialorm for the help! 

@Syrennia Where did you get the code for the wounds tracker in the top-right window? This is something that I am looking to add...
  • I'm looking for a way to create a Mudlet Mapper "path" that would walk a single highway loop. I envision a simple alias that would work like GOTO, but would instead follow a pre-determined path around the highways for the sake of walking the highways (and not a target goto location in mind). 

http://wiki.mudlet.org/w/IRE_mapping_script#Aliases gives plenty of information on AREAS and GOTO features, but doesn't seem to specify a way to define a path as a string of rooms. I don't see anything in the current documentation that would support this feature. 

Is there a way to achieve this goal within the current Mudlet Mapper commands? Or does anyone have a workaround? If not... does anyone have influence to recommend a feature the Mudlet Mapper crowd :) 
  • Let's imagine your route is a square with straight roads. You'd need to make a table with the roomId of each corner room, adding the start and end room once at the start and once at the end. Then have a function that walks to each room in the table and voila, you've looped the roads. In reality it is a bit harder because roads are not straight lines, but hopefully you get the gist of what I mean.
  • yeah the simplest way would be to record the room ids from gmcp.Room.Info into a table as you walk the loop manually. Once you have recorded your path, to make the mapper follow it, just have the mapper automatically goto the next room in the list when you change rooms.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    There's a speedwalk function that you could alternatively use instead of the mudlet mapper. You can preset the path direction wise.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • edited July 2014
    Janalon said:
    @Syrennia Where did you get the code for the wounds tracker in the top-right window? This is something that I am looking to add...
    top-left*

I also made the entire thing myself, using back-end from my Aetolian system as a base.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Here's a dumb question that I've skated around for a long time. If I am doing something like:

if somevalue == 1 or somevalue == 3 or somevalue == 5 then echo("Somevalue equals 1, 3, or 5") end

... is there some sweeter syntactic sugar to check equivalency of multiple values? I tried like:

if somevalue == (1 or 3 or 5) then

... but I guess that's not quite right.
  • edited July 2014
    somevalue = 3

if somevalue == 1 or 3 or 5 then
     return true
    else
     return false
    end

This will return true :) 

Edit: Got it wrong, see next post for the correct answer!