Mudlet Questions

Comments

• Maybe you've got timers on other clients setup that don't allow the router to drop your connection.
  • Tarkenton said:
    I'll ask the obvious.  Done an uninstall/reinstall of the client?

Vadi said:
    Maybe you've got timers on other clients setup that don't allow the router to drop your connection.

Not sure, reinstalled 2.1 and no change, installed 3.0 and i think it's fixed now maybe. It's going to be one of those weird things where I can't tell until I know that it's not fixed >_<
  • So, in switching to my new computer/hard drive, I'm finding that I miss a lot of my old toys as far as triggers/scripts are concerned. Is there any way to pull up a profile from an install that's on a drive other than the one on which Mudlet is installed?
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Aerotan said:
    So, in switching to my new computer/hard drive, I'm finding that I miss a lot of my old toys as far as triggers/scripts are concerned. Is there any way to pull up a profile from an install that's on a drive other than the one on which Mudlet is installed?
    No, but you could install the old profile xml into your current one and transfer everything over. Do clear out doubles.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Or just move the profile to the new machine.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I use | as my command separator and now that I've finally learned Stratagems, I can't use set them up properly because it also uses |. Is there an easy solution that doesn't involve picking something else as my command separator?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Daraius said:

I use | as my command separator and now that I've finally learned Stratagems, I can't use set them up properly because it also uses |. Is there an easy solution that doesn't involve picking something else as my command separator?

Solution? Yes. Easy? Sorta, kinda, maybe.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Well I'm all ears. I've done just fine without stratagems but they seem fun so I wouldn't mind being able to play around with them.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    I'd suggest using || as your separator. That way the key isn't different, you just have to retrain yourself to hit it twice.
  • I have on my list the ability to use either | or & with stratagems (and alias chaining) because of that particular issue.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Okay. I've setup a thing that replaces the line for mystic pathways in the room with one that is more informative, showing where the path leads, and what area that is in. 

The problem I'm having is that if I squint into a different room with a mystic pathway, my trigger is firing and replacing the mystic pathway in that room as well, but with my current room's info, as I'm grabbing the room numbers directly from gmcp. 

How can I avoid this? If squinting had a preparatory line, I could exclude everything between that line and the next prompt from my echo, but that's not the case..
  • I trigger it off survey, not the pathway line.

In your case, what you can do is to have the trigger disabled when you send your glance/squint command, then automatically re-enabled (through temptimers) a sec or half a sec later. It'll still mess up if you happen to have another way of looking into a different room (as  though you were there) while you're not standing in it. 

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Well, I want it such that I can tell at a glance (when entering the room) where the pathway goes. That way, if I'm not using the mapper to autopath, I can still intelligently use pathways without having to enter more than just the pathfinding command. 

But that doesn't solve the problem either, not directly. I still want to take the mystic pathway short description, and replace it with one that shows where that pathway goes. I guess I could similarly set a toggle variable, like "squinting" to true, and enable a trigger to capture room names from the squint to run the checking...

Mmrh, but that breaks for rooms with repeat names. 
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Can you trigger it off the gmcp.Room event?

Activate the trigger on gmcp.Room event and only disable on prompt.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • @Enyalida If you have a table of all the pathways, like the following... (first number is where the pathway is, second number is where the pathway goes to)

pathways_table = {
              [12345] = 54321,
              [23451] = 15432,
              [34512] = 21543,
         }

Then you can do this, which would trigger off of the: You see exits leading (.+) line..

if table.contains(pathways_table, gmcp.Room.Info.num) then
          local exists, areanum = pcall(getRoomArea, pathways_table[gmcp.Room.Info.num])
          cecho("\n<DimGrey>There's a pathway here leading to <green>"..getRoomName(pathways_table[gmcp.Room.Info.num]))
          cecho("<DimGrey> - Area: <white>"..mmp.areatabler[areanum])
       end

There's likely another way tou can do it, but that's how I have my rift tracking one set up. I think that's similar to how Vadi setup wormholes in Achaea as well, to be tracked via the mapper, though I could be wrong there.
  • Does anyone use Demonnic's influencer and if so does anyone know why it isn't working for me?

Or, barring that, does anyone know how to add exclusions to Vadi's influencer so I can tell it not to influence certain denizens?
  • Allehnon said:

Does anyone use Demonnic's influencer and if so does anyone know why it isn't working for me?

Or, barring that, does anyone know how to add exclusions to Vadi's influencer so I can tell it not to influence certain denizens?

http://forums.lusternia.com/discussion/1533/continued-free-bashing-and-influencing-system#latest
    Question for anyone else who tosses the mudlet mapper into a a miniconsole.  Do you lose the ability to make it zoom in and out and such things?  I haven't been able to make mine zoom in/out interact with my mouse at all lately, and I can't figure out why.

I use the following code to do it with.

GUI.Map_Container = Geyser.Container:new({

name = "GUI.Map_Container",

x = 0, y = 0,

width = "100%",

height = "100%",

},GUI.Box1)

GUI.Mapper = Geyser.Mapper:new({

name = "GUI.Mapper",

x = 20, y = 20,

width = GUI.Map_Container:get_width()-40,

height = GUI.Map_Container:get_height()-40,

},GUI.Map_Container)

--the map's default background color is black, so lets blend it in...

GUI.Box1CSS = CSSMan.new(GUI.BoxCSS:getCSS())

GUI.Box1CSS:set("background-color", "black")

GUI.Box1:setStyleSheet(GUI.Box1CSS:getCSS())

• ds_gui.containers.topright = Geyser.Container:new({x = ds_gui.misc.ww - 400, y = 0, width = 400, height = "40%"})
    ds_gui.labels.topright = Geyser.Label:new({x = 0, y = 0, width = "100%", height = "100%",}, ds_gui.containers.topright)
    ds_gui.labels.topright:setStyleSheet([[border-image: url(C:/Users/R/Pictures/testlabel.png);background-color: black; border-color: DimGrey; border-width: 2px; border-radius: 6px; border-style: groove]])
    ds_gui.labels.mapper = Geyser.Mapper:new({x = 3, y = 3, width = 394, height = math.floor((ds_gui.misc.wh*0.4)-6)}, ds_gui.containers.topright)

That's what I use for mine, code executed in that order. Might have something to do with you trying to creating labels in the wrong order, so it's trying to put the map 'behind' the other label, which in turn means mudlet is trying to interpret your scrolling as being on the 'above' label, rather than the map itself.

Try hiding the labels, and then seeing if you can scroll. ( use label_name:hide() and label_name:show() to achieve this) If you can, then my theory is right.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    This is half Mudlet and half not- Mudlet, but how would I use stratagems to do the following?

sendAll("sm add free outd hangedman", "sm add free fling hangedman at " ..target)

Where the first action is a free action but only if I have balance, and the second action obviously requires balance as well as the first action actually being performed.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    @Shaddus - do sm add free followed by sm add

sm add free assumes that the action doesn't actually take balance/eq and you'll be able to perform the next action, so it'll do both outd and fling in one move

@Tarkenton - I just use the createMapper() function instead of a geyser window, it allows me to zoom and stuff. I only use the one computer so I'm pretty ok with the set coordinates

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Shaddus said:

This is half Mudlet and half not- Mudlet, but how would I use stratagems to do the following?

sendAll("sm add free outd hangedman", "sm add free fling hangedman at " ..target)

Where the first action is a free action but only if I have balance, and the second action obviously requires balance as well as the first action actually being performed.

send("sm add outd hangedman|fling hangedman at " .. target)

No reason to make it two stratagems when a stratagem can have multiple actions.
    I do all mine separately for script tracking purposes. The new stratagem echo thing will list them all separately, so adding and removing is just simpler by adding them separately

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    So I have this perl trigger:

There are (.*) filthy gutter mutts here.

I want it to highlight the whole sentence, but it only highlights the number in the sentence. Is there a way to get it to do the whole thing?

• Don't use the highlight tickbox, instead, in the codebox:

selectCurrentLine() 
    setFgColor(255, 0, 0) 
    resetFormat()

edited March 2015
    If you don't actually need to capture the number of mutts, you can also use the highlight box by removing the parenthesis

though since it's probably a number, I'd use /d+ instead of .*

There are .* filthy gutter mutts here.

There are /d+ filthy gutter mutts here.

If you do need to capture the number of mutts, then you'll need to use Lerad's suggestion

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    That...highlights everything in the room. :(

edited March 2015
    haha, yeah it would, since everything in the room is all one big line.

Instead, you want to do something like 

selectString(matches[1])
    setFgColor(255,0,0)
    resetFormat()

Edit: Lerad's below is better, forgot about that function

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited March 2015
    Ah, right, I forgot that the string would be embedded in the entire list of items in the room.

Instead of using 

selectCurrentLine(),

use this instead:

selectCaptureGroup(1)

setFgColor(255, 0, 0)

resetFormat()

Edit: I didn't know about these functions too, incidentally. But the mudlet wiki is a great resource for finding stuff to use.

Woo! It works! Thanks guys!