Mudlet Questions

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    ^There are /d+ fancy lads here/.$
    ------
    selectCaptureGroup(1)

setFgColor(255, 0, 0)

resetFormat()

This doesn't seem to do anything for me
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Take out ^, use \ (not /), and take out $
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    ^ = beginning of line
    $ = end of line

So if your fancy lads are mixed with horrid harlots in what the game sends as a single line, it no worky.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    For lazy people like me who don't want to mess with the RGB color scheme every time you want to highlight something in perl regex triggers, you can enclose the whole portion of what you're trying to highlight in parentheses if you want to use the highlight tic box functionality. So in Shaddus' example above, the trigger line would be:

(There are \d+ fancy lads here.)

Similarly, if you wanted to actually capture the number, this would highlight the whole line, too:

(There are (\d+) fancy lads here.)
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    That's a nice trick Kelly, Thanks for sharing it

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    I just wrote a function.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Anyone have a decent write up on using gmcp.Comm with Lusternia?

Been attempting to adapt some code I found in Aetolia's free Entropy system that looks like it should do the trick, but have had no luck as of yet.  And as usual, the IRE gmcp doc is as useless as ever.  At this point, I'd be happy with just a nudge in the right direction to get to see gmcp.Comm coming up in the debug view when someone says/shoots me a tell.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    I'll talk with you after I'm off work, unless someone else helps you out before then.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • More people using my system :O

It's pretty simple, really. Feel free to message me if you wanna know how it's done.
  • Is it possible to match the actual command line up to my text if I've centered the text in the middle of my screen in mudlet - (kind of like how the new nexus has the command bar with that box?)

Also, why are the border colors box grayed out under the 'main display settings' tab, and is it *possible* to add a border around my text?  I've got a few add ons while I'm saving up for m&m and I want to make it look a little prettier.
  • I've not seen a script that moved the command bar around, unfortunately. I did get used to it myself, after a while. At first, the command bar not matching up with the text screen was one thing that bugged me too. The mudlet forums might have people who would point you in the right direction to moving the command bar, if it is possible. If you don't get an answer here, you might want to try there.

http://forums.mudlet.org/

• At this point I'd be happy for a temporary working tabbed chat.  I was trying to use the Demonnic one and I can't make head or tails of it.
  • And the map isn't working...
  • The map not working I'm going to guess is not having GMCP enabled - but I could be wrong.
    Settings -> (under General tab) Enable GMCP

That's usually the common issue
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Anytime I install a fresh OS, I always forget to enable GMCP when I install Mudlet. Gets me every time.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • InoIno
    edited June 2015
    Is it possible to center align text when using the echo() function? Like, say I wanted to pull information from the game for vitals or something and display it as a centered item in a status bar?

EDIT:  I've done a temporary fix where I insert a few spaces before the information, so it's not right up against the edge of the bar, but if there's a different and more correct way to do this, please let me know!  Also interested to know if I can color items I've pulled from the game in a different text color than black.
  • No?
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I honestly have no idea :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Ino said:
    Is it possible to center align text when using the echo() function? Like, say I wanted to pull information from the game for vitals or something and display it as a centered item in a status bar?

EDIT:  I've done a temporary fix where I insert a few spaces before the information, so it's not right up against the edge of the bar, but if there's a different and more correct way to do this, please let me know!  Also interested to know if I can color items I've pulled from the game in a different text color than black.

If you're using a status bar, I'd suggest using Geyser or Vyzor

I believe you may have to install Vyzor, but Geyser is already installed and ready to be used.  These have ways to center text inside of gauges and labels where as the basic echo function does not.

To make colored text, you can use cecho() or decho(), and it will color the text, both foreground and background of what you're pulling.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • It's more  a bar to display stuff like unread messages, news, homeland, that sort of thing.  I managed to fix some working status bars for health and xp, etc.
  • edited June 2015
    If you're looking to center text you echo, you may want to check out my post on the mudlet forums:

For colouring items you put into the game via echo, check out cecho()

Also, what issues are you having with my YATCO stuff? perhaps I can help.
  • I gave up on YATCO.  I managed to put together my own chat capture after a few days of struggling with it.
  • Say are there general instructions for how to set a trigger?
    I finally opened the trigger window today and was just confused.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• edited June 2015
    So here's the manual: http://wiki.mudlet.org/w/Manual:Introduction#Triggers

Depending on what you want to do, making a trigger is really easy or really complex.

In general, at the top of trigger is a series of boxes. You put in that what you want to trigger off of.
    Below that is a big box where you put in the code you want it to execute when it triggers.

For a simple trigger, you can put in the exact line you want, such as

The light within the powerstone fades as it crumbles to dust.

Then in the code box:

send("wield powerstone")
    send("enchant cube")

For more complex triggers, you'll want to set the dropdown box to the right to perl regex, and use that to trigger on stuff. Regex is pretty complex. The mudlet manual explains a bit how to use it.

As an example:

^Suddenly (\w+)'s movements through the time stream are slowed\.$

That will trigger off of someone getting aeoned, and the (\w+) will capture their name, so I can use that in my scripting.
    I'm trying to make an alias for a simple toggle. Let's say....AA will enable or disable a timer, based on whether it's already been turned on or off. How would I go about doing that?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited June 2015

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    How can I be sure Mudlet is saving to and loading from my profile in Dropbox, to avoid future profile loss?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    @Shaddsy I have the inkling of how to do it in my head, I'll write it when I get home from the store and post, because I know if I do it without testing it it will be terribly wrong.
    Shaddus said:
    I'm trying to make an alias for a simple toggle. Let's say....AA will enable or disable a timer, based on whether it's already been turned on or off. How would I go about doing that?
    Hopeful bump.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Probably something like...

if isActive("MyTimerName","timer") then
     disableTimer("MyTimerName")
     echo("Disabled")
    else
     enableTimer("MyTimerName")
     echo("Enabled")
    end