Forums reset?

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    There's not really a list.  You get badges for likes & for comments.

The forum administration can also create custom-badges as well, which kind of destroys any ability to post a list.
  • So we have to log in as a Lusternian character now?
    [BANNERCODE]
    Yes.

(You guys are making it way too easy)
  • Yes Tully
  • edited February 2014

You never got credits for posts...
  • Xenthos wishes he got 1 credit per comment though... at 19,000 posts
  •  

Kabina said:
    Xenthos wishes he got 1 credit per comment though... at 19,000 posts
    Even half or quarter a credit per post would be pretty good lewt.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    So this is the new Tweets then, yes? In that case, nerf Agnomenon! :(
  • edited February 2014

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Iasmos, I am parched.
  • edited February 2014

• Iasmos said:
    Curious if the formerly banned accounts are no longer banned. Since our accounts are completely new, and linked to the game, it almost makes sense that shrubberies cannot post here.
    =;
    Estarra has said all bans have been lifted with the move.
  • Ushaara said:
    So this is the new Tweets then, yes? In that case, nerf Agnomenon! :(
    Please start a new Tweets thread for game-related tweets.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Aw man everything is weird and different. On the plus side, it didn't change to a layout where I can't read anything. On the downside WHAT EVEN. I will take this opportunity to get all of my complaints out in one shot. The rest of this post will be complaints: My messages! My avatar is so tiny, it's like Facebook had a baby with an exceptionally ugly forum! I had to move on from my colorful Terezi I've had for like forever! And and my POSTS. And now I don't have a title to change on a whim every few days. And all the posts are melting together into one big tan blob, and for some reason the nearly-invisible gray dotted line between them bothers me more than if there just hadn't been anything there at all!

AND WHAT ARE THESE SMILIES? THEY ARE HORRIFYING. Is there an option to disable smilies in your post anywhere like how there was on the other forum? I don't want to accidentally put one in there and then be stuck with it forever because of the weird restrictions on post editing.
  • edited October 2012
    Realize the move was necessary. Our last forum provider jumped our rates by a ridiculous amount without much warning. IRE tried doing self-hosted forums (you saw MKO's), but they were really simplistic and meh.

They decided to go with these. I'm pretty fond of them.
  • I am happy to see that the mods now don't have a 'joint' post count that was in the 8 millions.

Now they have to work for their own high post counts and the glory that comes with it.
  • Ayisdra said:
    I am happy to see that the mods now don't have a 'joint' post count that was in the 8 millions.

Now they have to work for their own high post counts and the glory that comes with it.
    Oh, thanks for reminding us to set that.

edited October 2012

Eventru said:
    Realize the move was necessary. Our last forum provider jumped our rates by a ridiculous amount without much warning. IRE tried doing self-hosted forums (you saw MKO's), but they were really simplistic and meh.

-----THAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE A QUOTE, STOP MAKING IT NOT BE ONE-----
    Well yeah, I know y'all aren't mustache-twirling villains looking to mess with us. I was trying to get all my complaints out at once so I could then not grumble about every problem individually (though, that would have improved my post count...) I'm gonna have to disagree with you on being fond of these forums though. The whole badge thing strikes me as totally unnecessary and a little weird. It's...are they trying to be...cool? Is this a cool thing? I dunno. I prefer nice, clean, uncomplicated forums. Simple ones! Maybe with a totally outdated design, since I tend to completely hate sites with more "current" designs. 

Crap. I think I maybe caught Old from somewhere. Someone gimme a cane I can shake while I talk about how change is the enemy.

(edit: what happened to the quote there? My post absorbed it?) (edit edit: Ok I apparently can't put line breaks in between the thing that shows up as being quoted just fine when I'm drafting the post, my attempt at separating it, and then the actual body of my post, but the line break at the very end is still there? Oh god I can't figure out what's going wrong here.)
  • edited October 2012
    Phoebus said:

Eventru said:

Well yeah, I know y'all aren't mustache-twirling villains looking to mess with us. I was trying to get all my complaints out at once so I could then not grumble about every problem individually (though, that would have improved my post count...) I'm gonna have to disagree with you on being fond of these forums though. The whole badge thing strikes me as totally unnecessary and a little weird. It's...are they trying to be...cool? Is this a cool thing? I dunno. I prefer nice, clean, uncomplicated forums. Simple ones! Maybe with a totally outdated design, since I tend to completely hate sites with more "current" designs. 

Crap. I think I maybe caught Old from somewhere. Someone gimme a cane I can shake while I talk about how change is the enemy.

(edit: what happened to the quote there? My post absorbed it?) (edit edit: Ok I apparently can't put line breaks in between the thing that shows up as being quoted just fine when I'm drafting the post, my attempt at separating it, and then the actual body of my post, but the line break at the very end is still there? Oh god I can't figure out what's going wrong here.)

>:| Okay, now I got your bug. Damnit Phoebus.

I'm not sure what's up with the badges. I think it's our forum provider trying to be 'cool' and 'hip' - like the troll flags etc. It's pretty irrelevant, I'm just ignoring them. :)
    What?!  Ignore the badges?!  How...

I have to collect them all...
    edited October 2012
    Eventru said:
    Phoebus said:

Eventru said:

I'm not sure what's up with the badges. I think it's our forum provider trying to be 'cool' and 'hip' - like the troll flags etc. It's pretty irrelevant, I'm just ignoring them. :)

(it happened again)
    I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I break everything!
  • Phoebus said:
    Eventru said:
    Phoebus said:

Eventru said:

(it happened again)
    :( STOP!
    Eventru said:
    Phoebus said:
    Eventru said:
    Phoebus said:

Eventru said:

(it happened again)
    :( STOP!

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
  • Stop quoting each other.

Sorry. The opportunity to counter-troll Eventru is something sweet that must be cherished.
  • Badges are like Pokemon
    Gotta catch em all....
  • Zvoltz, Lord of Counter-Trolling? Seems... suspicious.

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• so flagging something enough (5 in Phoebus' case) seems to hide  post content, saying the post is 'buried'