MD/DC March Meet

Comments

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Looking at Megabus, prices are good, but also looking at the link Orventa posted. I should make a decision by the end of the week and depending, ask for that weekend off. So a hesitant yes to going.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • I just put in my request for time off - so no changing of dates, please!
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • edited January 2014
    Oh, also. A handy way to get around DC if you don't want to use the metro/bus is via Uber app https://www.uber.com/cities (assuming you've a smart phone) UberX is the cheapest rate, still reliable as the fancy town cars but at a base rate of $5, Fancy town car regular Uber is $10 base rate for up to a total 4 people in your group, with snacks/drinks included in the back seat. There's a promo going on for $20 off your first ride if you enter it into the app before Jan 20th. It won't expire and I get $10 credit bfpv2.

DC regular taxi system is atrocious as there's no real control over fares, and there's unfortunately a discrimination problem going on.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Uber is wonderful. They've saved my drunk ass many a time
    If I do end up going and the DC weather succeeds in murdering/kidnapping me this time, the people who convinced me to go better pay my funeral cost/ransom.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    I just realized I really should go, because I owe Kelly a few drinks.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • I am so excited! sooooo exciteeeeeed
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen

Neos said:
    I just realized I really should go, because I owe Kelly a few drinks.
    Aww yeeeaaaah
    I just realized if I go I will ruin the mystery of my true gender. Aw shucks.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    We all already know you're dolphin, no use pretending.
    THAT'S A RELIEF. Or in the language of my people.... EEEEEE EE EEEEE EEEEEEEE
  • Celina said:
    I just realized if I go I will ruin the mystery of my true gender. Aw shucks.
    It wasn't a mystery to many before, and now not a mystery to everyone.
    Duh. We just established I am a dolphin.
  • I don't know about you guys, but I'm unreasonably excited about this >_>

@Yomoigu when are we gonna hear about what time/place we're gonna meet?
  • edited January 2014
    Tradition and sangria mandates Nando's Peri Peri, but I'm pretty sure the only vegetarian option they have is cole slaw (and no fish...sorry Celina) so I'm looking around for a more inclusive place. Assume that the time will be late-afternoon into evening, however.

EDIT: Aaaaand that coleslaw is nowhere near vegan friendly.
    Sangria is vegen. I'm just saying.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    It's 50-50 on whether or not I'll be able to come, as I lack a license and a car, though it's not wholly unlikely.

Do we have a more solid understanding on date and location yet?
  • Yomoigu set the date to Saturday, March 29, and since people have taken off work for it already, I doubt it will change.
  • @Zouviqil we have a date set, Saturday, March 29th but location is still being nailed down
    Zouviqil said:
    It's 50-50 on whether or not I'll be able to come, as I lack a license and a car, though it's not wholly unlikely.

Do we have a more solid understanding on date and location yet?
    There are buses from NYC Chinatown that, back in my college days, used to be $20 each way, and then you'd probably be able to take the Metro to wherever this is.
  • I'm going to go with Orventa's suggestion and choose Agora as the meet location. It's only a couple of blocks from the Dupont Circle metro stop and the prices/selection looks good. Whenever you are positive, let me know definitively whether or not you'll be coming so I can set up a reservation.

Barring any major catastrophe, I will be there! Depending on the time, I can not guarantee I will not be hungover or already drunk.

• ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    I am going! :)

I can't confirm my attendance just yet, especially as I'd need a better time for the meet, but if I am able to attend, I'd probably arrive very early in the day and see the sights for a while.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • @Ixion and I are going.
  • Barring sickness, I am going!
  • edited January 2014
    I will go ahead and say that I will be going, will be bringing a +1 as well :)

On this note, my family seems to want to go too and make a weekend trip out of it, anyone wanna go sight seeing?
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• I live only 30 minutes outside DC, so I'm totally up for making a whole day of it!
  • I'm in +1

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
    @Yomoigu bullied me into committing, so I'll be there.