MD/DC March Meet

Comments

• Yomoigu said:
    I'm going to go with Orventa's suggestion and choose Agora as the meet location. It's only a couple of blocks from the Dupont Circle metro stop and the prices/selection looks good. Whenever you are positive, let me know definitively whether or not you'll be coming so I can set up a reservation.
    Do you have a date that you want to know by?
  • The sooner the better, obviously, but I'd like to make the reservation by the first week of March.
  • Count me in :D
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Kelly has convinced me using [censored], that it's in my best interest to go, but I won't be sure until March 7th if I'll be able to or not.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • I'm really hoping I can make it to this one since I missed IronCon last year.

• Count me in too.

• Bad news, guys: Agora cannot host us on the 29th. I'm going to look around some more and find a new place by tomorrow.
    Ixion said:
    Good news: Agoraphobic individuals no longer need to worry.
    Get out.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

Nellie's Sports Bar.

Wink wink.

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Due to a change in circumstances I will not be able to come. Enjoy yourselves, guys.
  • DC.....
    edited February 2014
    If things work out well that I can get down there, I'm looking to hopefully be in the city early Saturday, around 11 or so possibly.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • I'm totally up for meeting up earlier in the day, I don't do much visiting in DC, but if we want to go to museums or something,  I think it'd be fun :D
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
    Barring any major obstacles, I'll be down there early Saturday and someone a few people should recognize from last years Ironcon shall be tagging along with me for the meet at 6. I shall be buying my ticket this Friday, once I've confirmed my paycheck went through.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Through my oh so convincing nature, I have both convinced 2 others to attend and I also saved money on having to buy tickets and possibly a hotel room. Boo yah.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Who are the 2 others? *peer pressure*
    Ixion said:
    Who are the 2 others? *peer pressure*
    You threatened to deny me snug-hugs, you'll have to wait!

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • "Snug-hugs"?
    Ried said:
    "Snug-hugs"?
    Replace Ted with Ixion.
    This is from an awesome comic called JL8.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • @Aislynn and I will be there too.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited March 2014
    Shame I love towards the best coast...I mean, the west coast, else I'd have to join you crazy peeples.  

Edit: I stand by my original post, and its love-ness.  I also live towards the best coast too.
  • I live on the right side of the world, however I am unable to go. :( It is sadness, for I would love to meet everyone there.

But since I cannot, daddy hug mother for me please. :)

Avatar by the most wondrous Feyrll
    So, my ride had to back out unfortunately, so I am back to having to buy bus tickets and see whether I need to find a cheap hotel/motel room and all the various fees/purchases that accompany all that. :\

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • edited March 2014
    I will be there!

Neos - prices look fairly good for Megabus. You can catch a 9am bus and be here at noon for less than $15 on Saturday. 

For hotel, best bet is going to be the suburbs that are connected by metro. Let me know if you need help finding something decent. The hotels downtown, especially by the National Mall, are going to be taken up by Cherry Blossom Festival tourists. 
    Sior said:
    I will be there!

Neos - prices look fairly good for Megabus. You can catch a 9am bus and be here at noon for less than $15 on Saturday. 

For hotel, best bet is going to be the suburbs that are connected by metro. Let me know if you need help finding something decent. The hotels downtown, especially by the National Mall, are going to be taken up by Cherry Blossom Festival tourists. 
    Yeah, I decided on Megabus a while back, but I had been offered a ride just before I was gonna buy my tickets, looking to buy them soon. And I decided that I wouldn't be staying overnight, especially since from my searching showed that a hotel would be $100 per night and that just seems like overkill considering I wouldn't be needing it for that long. Gonna double check when the latest Saturday bus back is or at least the earliest Sunday bus.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • So how many people are coming down before dinner? I feel like we should go to a museum before or something, since I have the day off, and theres a few of you bussing in, why waste the opportunity?

Also, drinks at restaurants are expensive, lets find a bar (karaoke? yes? maybe?) for afterwards, for those who want to imbibe!

Yes? No?
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • A few of us would be up for a trip to the bar afterward.
  • I'll not hear you dismiss my sangria so readily, heathen.