Real World Raves

Comments

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I think it means that you got A job, just not the one you applied for.
  • Luce said:
    I think it means that you got A job, just not the one you applied for.
    This did just happen to a friend of mine!

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Dylara said:
    I got the job. :) happy emoticonhappy smiley emoticon
    So because I have this job, my play hours are changing. I'll be around in the evenings and weekends more than I have been. Will be a change!

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• https://www.humblebundle.com/sierra-bundle

*mops up drool*

Anyone who is a sierra fan, or just a fan of old-school RPGs should SERIOUSLY check this bundle out.  The tiers are as follows:

At least $1:
    Space Quest collection
    Phantasmagora 1 & 2
    Police Quest collection
    Shiftlings
    Arcanum
    Timeshift
    Quest for Glory 1-5
    Gabriel Knight 1-3

At least $15
    (All the above)
    Caesar 3 & 4
    Geometry Wars 3
    Kings Quest Collection (Easily worth $15 by itself)
    Velocity 2X

At least $20
    (All the above)
    Kings Quest (2015) Episodes 1-5

You'd probably have to be a hardcore Kings Quest fan to want to dish out the extra $5 for the last game, but forking out $15 for the other games is EASILY justifiable.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • I can absolutely endorse Arcanum: of Steamworks and Magick Obscura. Not only does it have one of the greatest soundtracks in classic gaming (I use it for Lusternia on the reg, especially with the games themes of magic and technology), it's also just genuinely good. It's even easier to get into than a lot of classic games, for some reason.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    That's why I have my own puppy to come home to every day :) .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I want a doggy so bad, but I live in a tiny apartment and my boyfriend is allergic, so I cuddle every dog I come across!
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    The only pet dog I've ever had is @Daraius. Trufax.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    *files away picture in the folder marked 'Blackmail and Other Sordid Stuff - BOSS'*

Strange? Whatever do you mean?
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • edited September 2016
    So apparently the Wheel was outrageously in my favor today, giving me a rather tidy number of wondercrystals.

Then I hear everyone tell me that their iron coins have been disappointing, and I have a hard time reconciling their experiences with mine.

Rave for: tidy number of wondercrystals

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Welcome to RNG.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Phew, still getting paid on schedule despite drama with the campus financial department (which has been totally out of my control). Ty ty universe. :relieved:
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Eldanien said:
    So apparently the Wheel was outrageously in my favor today, giving me a rather tidy number of wondercrystals.

Then I hear everyone tell me that their iron coins have been disappointing, and I have a hard time reconciling their experiences with mine.

Rave for: tidy number of wondercrystals

I got two 390 packs, first pack assuming wonder crystals are work 100 credits and 1 dingbat is worth 1 credit got me 578 credits worth of stuff. Second pack got me 394 credits worth of stuff.

So I'm happy with my gamble but will call it quits while i'm ahead.
  • Everiine said:
    Two of our best friends from Ohio drove 14 hours on Friday to come and spend the weekend with us. We did mini-golf, walked around town catching Pokemon, and spent two days playing Mario Kart 8--even doing 36 races straight last night. We laughed so hard all of us were sore this morning, and I'm sure the neighbors never heard so much screaming or so many expletives coming from my house. They left this morning for the 14 hour drive home. It meant so much to us to have them here as we put our lives back together.
    They sound like amazing friends. :)

• It's only the first real day, but I seem to be doing okay with the 5am wake up.

• Finally broke down and bought a new tablet for my laptop so I can start drawing again. It's been two years. *HAPPY TEARS*
  • Turned out that the guys are not as mad at me as I feared (or at least they don't act like it). Seems like I didn't interrupt any major processes and our server room is on a different circuit anyway. Or maybe because I bribed them with cookies.....after all, they were the reason I spilled the milk in the first place.

TIL: Never try to open a package of cookies when you have a mug of milk nearby. 
  • Apparently I'm so good a tabletop Game Master that I have people playing until they literally conk out and fall asleep. That kind of makes me feel good about myself.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances

I bought my baby idiot Ranger a Voltaxic, and this happened. Oh my god. I was just going to blow through my pitiful pile of fusings and hope for a four or five link, not...instantly land on six. This is the greatest moment of my entire life. I literally took my shirt off in excitement. AHHHHHH!!
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    edited September 2016
    I have still never been able to 6L anything :(

Edit: You also have no idea how much I hate you right now.
  • She also found an exalt just on the ground while we were playing. She is a hacker, clearly.
  • Go chance some sorcerer's boots.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Falmiis said:
    Go chance some sorcerer's boots.
    I was doing that all last league and never succeeded, but that also applies to the 6L thing, so maybe I should. :P