Real World Raves

Comments

• You haven't lived until you have tried a deep fried mars bar :p
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    You may not live after you have a deep fried mars bar. You can feel your arteries clogging.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    That sign says 'deep fried cheeseburger' and you're worried about a Mars bar?
  • I have had deep fried mars bars, and can honestly say I do not care for them.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Deep fried Oreos are pretty good. I never really understood the deep fry hype until I had my own deep fryer. It's difficult to resist the urge to find out what everything tastes like deep fried.
  • Admittedly deep fried ice cream sounds like an oxymoron, but I tried deep fried tempura ice cream once at a Japanese restaurant and it was lovely >_>
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Actually, yes. I'll give it to Japanese restaurants for making excellent deep-fried bananas (which is tame compared to some other things, but still).

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Deep Fried Bananas are tasty! Especially if you fry up the small sweet varieties. @Sakaki
    is dead like the dodo
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Baking bread for the first time in years. Why'd I ever stop doing this, again? And can I count this as my arm exercise for the day?
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    (Is this you saying you're expecting? If so - congratulations!)

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    (It is :D ! And thank you!)
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Everiine said:

(It is :D ! And thank you!)

Wooo! Congratulations!!

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• @Everiine congratulations!!! <3
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • After like a year I finally went and got my hair cut, it only took it being super hot and having a job interview tomorrow. Also got a new outfit that's for nicer occasions such as interviews and rented a car so I could not worry about getting there on time tomorrow.

My hair is so light and soft.

• I mean, you're moving from the most powerful city in the free world to Texas of all places, sooooo... Debatable
  • edited August 2016
    Shop for a condo in DC and then let me know how you feel about the most powerful city in the free world.

They start at a quarter million for 400 square feet. 400! I've lived in larger dorms!

God forbid you want have a reasonable chance to not get shot and/or mugged. That'll start you at 350k. Want a conservative 2 bedroom two bathroom house in a reasonable part of town? 2 million is a good start.

I honestly have no idea how people live here with real jobs.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    With great power comes great high prices.
  • Which is crazy because people who work on the Hill make beans for a living!
  • It's the same here in Toronto, super high prices, but wages aren't fantastic. I have no idea how my one friend has a house here, my boyfriend's also deadset against anything but a house so it's going to be irritating if we decide to settle here (which is quite the possibility now that I have a very good chance at a job starting this fall).

• Shop for a condo in DC and then let me know how you feel about the most powerful city in the free world.

They start at a quarter million for 400 square feet. 400! I've lived in larger dorms!

God forbid you want have a reasonable chance to not get shot and/or mugged. That'll start you at 350k. Want a conservative 2 bedroom two bathroom house in a reasonable part of town? 2 million is a good start.

I honestly have no idea how people live here with real jobs.

I live in DC and am well aware of the absolutely ridiculous prices :D
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Synkarin said:

Texas is like the opposite. My sister-in-law has been an hour outside of Austin for about a year now and pays beans for rent.

This is also honestly a big difference between north Florida and south Florida. Finding a place to live in Miami ranks on my top 3 most stressful life events so far. :-??
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Ssaliss said:

Bought a 3D-printer a couple of weeks ago. After ~15h assembly over two weekends, moving it from the place of assembly (my parents place, since they have far more tools than I do), and after some additional tinkering, it's now up and running awesomely at its designated location :D I absolutely love it! And, apparently, so do my parents, who have so far asked me to make them half a dozen things...

So, how much are commissioned figurines?
  • If you provide the 3D model, shipping plus plastic :D I can't really model worth beans though, so unless you want a square block as a figurine, I can't really help you there... Also, available in all possible colors*!

* The possible colors are: Black
    How much is the plastic?

Before an earthly flight

• 300 SEK for 1KG, which would be a little over $35.
    I might seriously hire you to print something for me!

...if I can find someone to 3D model what I want.

Before an earthly flight